2018 Toyota Supra

kdash

Under the skin, the Supra is essentially a Z4 M40i. I would buy the significantly cheaper Supra instead of the Z4 M40i. The supra looks way better than the Z4 M40i in my opinion.

• Praise 3

Under the skin, the Supra is essentially a Z4 M40i. I would buy the significantly cheaper Supra instead of the Z4 M40i. The supra looks way better than the Z4 M40i in my opinion.

the z4 does have a more premium looking interior, though i read supra uses the same steering wheel, swivel wheel and gear knob as z4

but z4 m40 being a cabrio, i guess it won't appeal to those purist looking for a track car

(edited)

iirc the 86 started selling at a time when coe was 80-90k; looks like Supra could be facing a similar fate

IMO the 86 was a tough sell as the paper spec was not impressive enough. A MB E250 is faster to 100kmh. A test drive around the block is insufficient to demonstrate the car's handling qualities. The styling is not flashy enough. The interior is too simple and a tad old fashioned. Buyer got nothing to brag about at the coffeeshop. I think the Supra will do better.

Edited by Toeknee_33

if Supra sell at 250k

will u hoot Supra or Stinger 3.3 ??

Supra, the stinger 3.3 is not in the same league. Straight line speed is not everything. 

IMO the 86 was a tough sell as the paper spec was not impressive enough. A MB E250 is faster to 100kmh. A test drive around the block is insufficient to demonstrate the car's handling qualities. The styling is not flashy enough. The interior is too simple and a tad old fashioned. Buyer got nothing to brag about at the coffeeshop. I think the Supra will do better.

I was abit shocked when they launched the GT86, it was a product that was neither here nor there. Though straight line speed is not everything, have decent go when the need arises in a sports car is a pre-requisite. The styling left alot to be desired though the concept vehicle looked stunning. Well we won't know what went on in the designers' minds when designing the GT86 but one thing I know for sure, the new Supra should be quite a fun car in its category though it does look abit feminine to me. If only the car is less curvy and abit bigger, it would look even better for sure.

• Praise 2

Supra, the stinger 3.3 is not in the same league. Straight line speed is not everything.

I was abit shocked when they launched the GT86, it was a product that was neither here nor there. Though straight line speed is not everything, have decent go when the need arises in a sports car is a pre-requisite. The styling left alot to be desired though the concept vehicle looked stunning. Well we won't know what went on in the designers' minds when designing the GT86 but one thing I know for sure, the new Supra should be quite a fun car in its category though it does look abit feminine to me. If only the car is less curvy and abit bigger, it would look even better for sure.

I agree that the Supra is too curvy, and as a result, looks bulbous.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1