Thailand Property purchase and yield

Sdf4786k

'

More importantly is the track record and the size of the developer.

And hence, there is the research required to know where and who and the pitfalls.

If you go with big developers like Sansiri, you may end up with a lacklustre rental yield.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I need help in reading a land deed and document for a land sale in Chiangrai. I have the pics, can any bro/sis can help me?

Use google translate?

I know of a sg guy who speaks Thai and has a property business there. He does SG clients. Many Singaporean buy property in thailand but the issue to consider is who to appoint to manage your property after you buy.

Thanks Titanium and Hosaybo, gotten help from my Brother friend’s Thai Wife. Didn’t use google translate as I was not able to copy and paste from the pics. I think better not to invest property in a country when one don’t understand the language.

• Praise 1

Thailand is highly regulated. So not much worries on the property aspect other then the signing of documents as well as the transfer is quite straightforward.

The legal documents can be published in English if you want. The title deeds are in Thai, but you can request for English interpretation. Most important thing is for you to get a good law firm to act for you.

Aussie property rental yield sucks and you will have to pay tax. For Thai properties, I never heard of foreigners actually paying tax for the rental income. You can easily get double the rental yield for Thai properties in comparison to Aussie properties.

None of my friends who invest in Thai properties made money.

Too many new condos sprouting up like weeds so there's oversupply and little actual demand.

Also, maintenance for condos in BKK is atrociously non existent. Condos look worn out after just a few years.

Bank interest rate is veh high compared to rental Yields meaning many investor who take loan will be in negative cash flow - can't see why any investor would want to be.

Oversupply almost ensures you'll never sell for the price you want as new buyers have so many new condos to choose from. Why would they want yours? Unless you sell for a steep discount ie loss.

Stay away from Thailand. Politics unstable, people buay song gahmen they change just like that, policy oso can change just like that.

• Praise 1

looking at the many recent launches for Thailand property.

https://www.icompareloan.com/resources/things-need-know-buying-thailand-property/

With so many coup and disruptions from external factors. Is it reasonable to expect that it can only go up from here onwards?

I notice the condo sizes is clearly smaller that our shoebox apt. Except that it does not have a bomb shelter. And that sort of remove the dead space.

There is no property taxes as well and it comes with a guaranteed yield of 6% per annum for 3 years.

Seems quite good IF the thai baht rises after the 3 years of guarantee yield. 

http://www.homenayoo.com/the-excel-hideaway-sukhumvit-50/

interested in this with a view of the longkang

I think it would be good if you contact the real estate agent. You may gain a lot of things from them for free.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1