BMW F10 Door Inner Handles Sticky Problem

MTMAutomotive

Hi Little_Solver

Yes I had this problem with my secondhand BMW 523i too from PPSL. Had to spend a few hundred dollars to replace them [thumbsdown] . Only changed the ones in front even though the rear door handles are also a bit sticky.

I suspect it is due to the fact that I park my car in an open carpark. Don't think the material used can handle the heat in Singapore. Do you park in an open carpark too?

Was looking through various chatgroups too and realise that this is a common issue with quite a few models of BMW.

Hi,maybe it’s weather problem, Singapore is to hot

(edited)

Hi Little_Solver

Yes I had this problem with my secondhand BMW 523i too from PPSL. Had to spend a few hundred dollars to replace them [thumbsdown] . Only changed the ones in front even though the rear door handles are also a bit sticky.

I suspect it is due to the fact that I park my car in an open carpark. Don't think the material used can handle the heat in Singapore. Do you park in an open carpark too?

Was looking through various chatgroups too and realise that this is a common issue with quite a few models of BMW.

Hi,maybe it’s weather problem, Singapore is to hot Edited by Little_Solver

I found a cheap way to replace it with different materials. ABS+PC can last longer.

Anyone need to replace it at cheaper ways. Can PM me.

BMW a handle can’t do properly

It’s not weather hot la. Lousy excuse. Poor design means poor design! The Middle East is even hotter than Singapore.

• Praise 3

It’s not weather hot la. Lousy excuse. Poor design means poor design! The Middle East is even hotter than Singapore.

probably their subcon use cheap material lor.

material lousier than what's found in B&B cars lol 

anyway smells like a self advertising thread.

Itâs not weather hot la. Lousy excuse. Poor design means poor design! The Middle East is even hotter than Singapore.

Actually ferrari even has this sticky problem. Search youtube f430 sticky

whether this is advertising thread or not, the fact remains that my b&b korean car does not have any sticky handle issues. I guess the sticky handles are only for premium cars that cost at least double of my korean car [laugh]

• Praise 2

whether this is advertising thread or not, the fact remains that my b&b korean car does not have any sticky handle issues. I guess the sticky handles are only for premium cars that cost at least double of my korean car [laugh]

It is an interesting phenomenon actually.

People buy a B&B car and expect it to run faithfully forever, never break down, sips fuel, and costs 2 pennies to maintain. When something goes wrong with the car, people will KPKB, swear its a lousy model/brand and he will never buy another, and let the whole world know about it.

People who with a broken premium car like MB, BM, Audi, Porsche, Jag, Lambo, Ferrari etc will just take a deep breath, swallow saliva, and whisper: "It's Like That". Then will dig into his pocket for the wallet, fish out ands hand the plastic over.

I think people with the means, pay more to buy a premium branded car, but also knowing full well of the less than stellar quality and reliability, and are ready to put up with it.

Or maybe they got a second/third car.

• Praise 2

If I were to pay premium price for a premium brand, i would expect top notch, lasting quality. Not sticky handles like the car masturbated on itself without cleaning up [laugh]

But well, maybe it's because my car door handles are hard plastic instead of soft touch material like those premium cars.

Oh well.

It is an interesting phenomenon actually.

People buy a B&B car and expect it to run faithfully forever, never break down, sips fuel, and costs 2 pennies to maintain. When something goes wrong with the car, people will KPKB, swear its a lousy model/brand and he will never buy another, and let the whole world know about it.

People who with a broken premium car like MB, BM, Audi, Porsche, Jag, Lambo, Ferrari etc will just take a deep breath, swallow saliva, and whisper: "It's Like That". Then will dig into his pocket for the wallet, fish out ands hand the plastic over.

I think people with the means, pay more to buy a premium branded car, but also knowing full well of the less than stellar quality and reliability, and are ready to put up with it.

Or maybe they got a second/third car.

If I were to pay premium price for a premium brand, i would expect top notch, lasting quality. Not sticky handles like the car masturbated on itself without cleaning up [laugh]

But well, maybe it's because my car door handles are hard plastic instead of soft touch material like those premium cars.

Oh well.

LOL!

I drove a F458 recently and it also had sticky interior and door cards that rattles. If you asked me, the build quality and material choices are perhaps a notch or 2 better than a Fiat Bravo only. And that's a million dollar car. 

Lexus LS and (previous)IS also has sticky plastics, so its not just the Europeans. 

LOL!

I drove a F458 recently and it also had sticky interior and door cards that rattles. If you asked me, the build quality and material choices are perhaps a notch or 2 better than a Fiat Bravo only. And that's a million dollar car. 

Lexus LS and (previous)IS also has sticky plastics, so its not just the Europeans. 

I understand from Ferrari owner that 458 interior still feels a bit like Italian.

It is more solid from 488.

Oh well.

911 GT3 don't even have door handle but cost 700k.

100 buks +- will fix that .

u let such a minor issue change your decision on buying a car meh

U call this minor?

It's damn gross leh.

My wife will niam me non stop

I understand from Ferrari owner that 458 interior still feels a bit like Italian.

It is more solid from 488.

911 GT3 don't even have door handle but cost 700k.

porsches are known to be better built. but reality is the sticky plastics are used in other supercars. it has a nice touch to it and given the right climate, it works well. 

Oh well.

doesn't really exist in the world of cars. more sophisticated parts will always face more potential issues. 

U call this minor?

It's damn gross leh.

My wife will niam me non stop

i mean compare to a whole car .

this is quite a minor issue.

no car wat ever conti jap kimchi china is perfect 1.

every car will have 1 weak point somewhere.

this spare part quite easily available, its a common fault, can order any sparepart shop, should be 90 buks+-

bring it to your workshop replace for 20 +- labour, easily settle

↡ Advertisement