10x10 running challenge, 4Dec17-11Feb18

Tianmo

@jerminator, @lala81, @ender, @sadan, @kdash, @easyrider, @theoldjaffa, @Dleodleo@davidtch, @kobayashigt, @silangkia

OK guys, since this is a stand alone event, I am setting up this thread to share and organize start/end runs. we will have a start of event run on 5 Dec 2017 and a closing event run in Feb 2018 before CNY (detail we decide later for closing run).

Our start of event run will be 

Date: 5 Dec 2017 (Tues)

Time: 7pm

10 Tebing lane, Singapore 828849

(meet outside Popeyes)

Due to the confusion of our last run here, we shall not cross any bridges this time (unless you know the place well). We shall all gather at the start point and start the run together, distance to complete is OTOT. So set your own distance and turn back towards the starting point when you have completed 50% of your intended run, on the same route. Otherwise set a 15 min alarm and turn back after a 15 min  run, you sld come back to the starting point between 30-35min. This is for the slower runners like myself, for the faster runners, OTOT.  [laugh]

I will try to include more grp runs within the 10 weeks for the grp, meanwhile if anyone in the grp would like to call for any grp runs at any location within the 10 weeks, pls go ahead and do so in this thread.  [thumbsup]

In addition, anyone who is not interested in joining the challenge, but would like to join us for an isolation run, or would like to meet up with us for a drink after the run, you are all most welcome. 

Those coming for the opening run, pls list your name below. 

1) Tianmo 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

@jerminator, @lala81, @ender, @sadan, @kdash, @easyrider, @theoldjaffa, @Dleodleo@davidtch, @kobayashigt, @silangkia

OK guys, since this is a stand alone event, I am setting up this thread to share and organize start/end runs. we will have a start of event run on 5 Dec 2017 and a closing event run in Feb 2018 before CNY (detail we decide later for closing run).

(meet outside Popeyes)

Due to the confusion of our last run here, we shall not cross any bridges this time (unless you know the place well). We shall all gather at the start point and start the run together, distance to complete is OTOT. So set your own distance and turn back towards the starting point when you have completed 50% of your intended run, on the same route. Otherwise set a 15 min alarm and turn back after a 15 min  run, you sld come back to the starting point between 30-35min. This is for the slower runners like myself, for the faster runners, OTOT.  [laugh]

I will try to include more grp runs within the 10 weeks for the grp, meanwhile if anyone in the grp would like to call for any grp runs at any location within the 10 weeks, pls go ahead and do so in this thread.  [thumbsup]

In addition, anyone who is not interested in joining the challenge, but would like to join us for an isolation run, or would like to meet up with us for a drink after the run, you are all most welcome. 

Those coming for the opening run, pls list your name below. 

1) Tianmo 

all fast runner? i slow

• Praise 1

(meet outside Popeyes)

1) Tianmo

2) @lala81

I'm slow poke, short distance also. No worries.

alot of ppl tell me they slow .. in the end .. their slow is by professional standard .. not IPPTstandard.

all fast runner? i slow

fast or slow is subjective. 

Here we run at our own pace, no prize for coming in first.

All wait until last man back and proceed to have makan and drink together.  ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

All wait until last man back and proceed to have makan and drink together.  ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

steady!... but i need to apply VISA. must get consulate approval.

I usually will participate in NEwton run.. 2XU run.. jio me if u guys going. i always go alone.

• Praise 2

I usually will participate in NEwton run.. 2XU run.. jio me if u guys going. i always go alone.

we actually run just to keep fit and for a healthier lifestyle. 

The idea of the 10x10 is to encourage each other to exercise, and this run is just to kick start the event. Thats about it.

I think there is a runners thread somewhere, that one all the competitive runners are there, I think you got higher chance of finding kakis over there.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

we actually run just to keep fit and for a healthier lifestyle. 

The idea of the 10x10 is to encourage each other to exercise, and this run is just to kick start the event. Thats about it.

I think there is a runners thread somewhere, that one all the competitive runners are there, I think you got higher chance of finding kakis over there.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

oic got it bro.. visa application submitted pending reply

(meet outside Popeyes)

1) Tianmo

2) @lala81

3) Ender

• Praise 2

Newton run around 30km?.. You will find our distance too short.  [laugh]

so farnie, meetups is considered under car related discussion lol.

the original MCF MUs were all about cars, so i guess it stems from there... 

saw u guys like very on the ball for running so must be pro...

This is actually a beginners runners level. You see most of us have times when we procrastinate or in hokkien, nuah, to go out and run..   So a planned 3 times weekly run, becomes only one time or worst didn't run at all

With this plan, and our distance recorded on STRAVA for all members or Tianmo to monitor, we aim to at least achieved 10km a week, for 10 weeks to achieve 100km. So the name 10X10.. This is one way that we are hold ourselves accountable for this commitment we made.

That's why I say for someone who ran the Newton run, 10 km a week is too short for you.

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement