10x10 running challenge, 4Dec17-11Feb18

Tianmo

It was a good run .... thanks guys ..... weather was good too

Yeah. Nice cooling weather and no wind condition.

Also nice meeting you guys again.

• Praise 6

welcome Richard!

hi kdash .. hi oldjaffa,

Thanks thanks !

A quick intro ....

• 55+ yr old after years of 40 yrs of smoking and 25 yrs of being a glutton ... still smoking but glutton only over weekends especially 2 older kids are back last 2 months for vacation
  • started running 2-3 time a week for 2-3km about 4 yrs ago but gave up cos about 95kg for 1.78m height increased to near perfect full mark of 100kg at  98kg due to complacency of eating more before runs as well as reward for good job done :(
  • restarted 1yr+ ago 2-3 times a week for 5km+ with avoidance of rice for daily meals and no more 2 bowls of noodles ... mee-pok and laksa ... just steamed dumplings or wanton soup
  • motivation to live a ripe old age to see kids thru and spend lost time with wife as well as hope to take care of grandchildren which kids promised me will let me do so
  • lso realization of 80% that it is food intake to manage weight and the running part primarily serves to remind you not to over do it else the pain of running that I cannot say I look forward to except at the finish line ... I am 83kg now or still 7kg from ideal weight of 76kg

Hope to quit smoking when retired which may be tomorrow or in next few years' time ... yea, idiot and addicted but at least I demo to kids how bad smoking is ... lol on my "theory" or excuse since my parent dun smoke.  Also hope to take part in 1/2 marathon and full marathon in my 5-years plan with 3.5 yrs to go ... lol !

Pleasantly surprised this car forum that I participated actively in last 2 yrs has this thread to motivate each other especially novice like myself :)

That's it for now ... cheers !

Richard

• Praise 14

Nice to meet Davidtch and SiLangKia for the first time!

Yeah, good weather for run yesterday.

We were all 'steaming' after the run  [laugh]  [laugh] (from the humidity la)  [:p]

Edited by Easyrider
  • Praise 10

Hi guys,

Just found this thread and subscribed ... many thanks to Sadan.

Cheers.

Richard

Morning Richard. Cannot praise you.. haha

Welcome and glad you found this threat.

• Praise 8

Morning Richard. Cannot praise you.. haha

Welcome and glad you found this threat.

lol!!! threat!

works both ways ..... thread and threat; threat so that Richard will auto  die die must loose weight  [laugh] 

• Praise 5

Hi guys,

Just found this thread and subscribed ... many thanks to Sadan.

Cheers.

Richard

Welcome, Richard.

Your intro is also good motivation  [thumbsup]

Come join us for the next MU on the 10 Feb. Tianmo still recceing for the location  [laugh]

• Praise 3

Nice to meet Davidtch and SiLangKia for the first time!

Yeah, good weather for run yesterday.

We were all 'steaming' after the run  [laugh]  [laugh] (from the humidity la)  [:p]

Thought you were "steaming" because of all the chiobu or handsum runners you passed by.   :D

• Praise 5

It's good weather yesterday to run.

Great to meet you guys.

I have to skip dinner with guys.

Richard, join us for next MU

Nice meeting you and @silangkia for first time and hopefully more in the coming running mu.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4