Knocking sound on rear left wheel when braking

ncar90

Hi all,

I have this knocking sound on my rear brakes whenever i brake and it is very annoying. I have already changed the brake pads, cyclinder and the brake shoe and i even changed my absorbers but it still happens. It is a drum brake system on the rear and my car is a nissan latio.

My regular workshop is unable to pin point to the problem,would appreciate some views from the forum.

Thank you in advanced!

↡ Advertisement

Maybe it's your wheel hub bearing? Try jacking up your rear left tyre, and hold the tyre at 12 and 6 o clock then feel for any play, repeat by holding 3 and 9 o clock. By right, you shouldn't feel any jerk.

did you change the drum?

an out of round/distorted drum will make sound and pedal pulsating

usually damage by mechanic over torque the wheel bolts/nuts using their mighty impact wrench

Maybe it's your wheel hub bearing? Try jacking up your rear left tyre, and hold the tyre at 12 and 6 o clock then feel for any play, repeat by holding 3 and 9 o clock. By right, you shouldn't feel any jerk.

Not sure if its my wheel hub,my mechanic suspect it is the drum getting out of shape so i will be changing the drum

did you change the drum?

an out of round/distorted drum will make sound and pedal pulsating

usually damage by mechanic over torque the wheel bolts/nuts using their mighty impact wrench

mechanice suspect it is out of shape. I will change the drum and hopefully,things will improve.thanks!

If you change everything about the breaking still happen. You should check on the steering, it maybe something wrong in the steering but not the break

is brake not break

If you change everything about the breaking still happen. You should check on the steering, it maybe something wrong in the steering but not the break

He said rear wheel, so nothing to do with steering.

Have u crash your car to somewhere maybe and

No.it is a drum problem.Changed it and now my ride is absolutely sound free
  • Haha! 1

Changed up my drums and it feels really nice to have a good brake.No sound anymore.

good to know everything is ok now
↡ Advertisement