Low Income and Owning a Car

kdash

Support you, 320k already have to pay 44k tax and above that will be a painful 22% per dollar. If this is middle income , sgp must be a money making paradise .

All the best in working towards your goal.

You ask @tedlhw how much income tax he pays a month lah.

But dont go commit suicide after that ok?

Accept life. Stay happy

To each his own.

↡ Advertisement

Dont twist lah.

Either you understand or you dont.

He double counted in his calculation shown. Thats all.

Keep things simple can?

Agreed

Given this benchmark

Those earning less than 180k pa should not be buying any car.

Because no car less than 90k?

I meant new car

True.

Isn't that in line with the garmen's drive to go CarLite?

The marginal layer will only continue to be tightened and more will be corralled to public transport ... through further COE control

Given this benchmark

I meant new car

still have Attrage and Space Star...
  • Praise 1

Aiyoh, buy old car lah.

Anyway why you take his formula so seriously.

I no income, my car $200k++++

So how?

Muayhahahahahaha

No income Nevermind.

Matter most is the cash on hand and in bank + immovable assets.

Given this benchmark

I meant new car

Are u also in this category?

Muayhahahahahaha.

Those are slap face swollen, call themselves fat lor....i know so many.

Share one story with you.

Last time i met a fella at a pub playing pool.

As usual i one cue a few times, he cannot take it so keh keh chit chat with me.

Then tell me he work as some manager, earn $10k a month and looking to buy new Volvo XC90 which was $250k during those days.

I just smiled.....i was probably only in my late 20s but i already knew what a true hao lian he was.

Slap face swollen to look fat, plenty in MCF lah.

Muayhahahahahahahaha

The majority often make the call. So is majority or minority car owner that make >200k annual salary? Got chart to show boh? Edited by Lotr8445r

For me own car is for cost effectiveness n convenience due to my running 2-4 locations with barang barang in a day. Of cos still can manage expense currently. Cab, Uber n grab simply not cost effective n weekends I don't get to ferry my kids or go places I want impromptu. Perhaps to warrant carless will b when kids reach upp sec n I don't need to be running places.

• Praise 1

For me own car is for cost effectiveness n convenience due to my running 2-4 locations with barang barang in a day. Of cos still can manage expense currently. Cab, Uber n grab simply not cost effective n weekends I don't get to ferry my kids or go places I want impromptu. Perhaps to warrant carless will b when kids reach upp sec n I don't need to be running places.

yeah same for me... maybe when my kids hit sec sch, car usage will be less but will be tough to let it go... haha... 

if earning 180k also cannot afford a car it means that singapore 93% of the population cannot afford a car already. as 180k is already in top 7% income earners in singapore

if earning 180k also cannot afford a car it means that singapore 93% of the population cannot afford a car already. as 180k is already in top 7% income earners in singapore

Since car may be a family thing, so a 180K annual family income isn't too hard to reach lah.

• Praise 1

Since car may be a family thing, so a 180K annual family income isn't too hard to reach lah.

yup house house hold income 180k a year compare to individual 180k a year is big difference.

anyway most family in sg is not so fortunate to even have 180k house hold income :)

• Praise 1

prease lah... not a family thing... not even an income thing

it is a professional thing

as a good(ass) doctor once said, if you are a professional and need to travel, you need to own a car. 2 professionals in the household need 2 cars.

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 3

yeah same for me... maybe when my kids hit sec sch, car usage will be less but will be tough to let it go... haha...

Just look at whenever there is school holiday , the cars at peak hrs have been dramastically reduced. What does that tell us?
  • Praise 1

Just look at whenever there is school holiday , the cars at peak hrs have been dramastically reduced. What does that tell us?

a lot of helicopter parents   :D

and a lot of rich singaporean going overseas for holiday during school holiday   :D  :D

Edited by Jman888
  • Praise 2

prease lah... not a family thing... not even an income thing

it is a professional thing

as a good(ass) doctor once said, if you are a professional and need to travel, you need to own a car. 2 professionals in the household need 2 cars.

ð

Wonder why there are folk still having a mentally that a rich only own a car in a household.

My relative is not even rich but father, son and daughter all own a car each

a lot of helicopter parents   :D

and a lot of rich singaporean going overseas for holiday during school holiday   :D  :D

this is the answer haha... 

Wonder why there are folk still having a mentally that a rich only own a car in a household.

My relative is not even rich but father, son and daughter all own a car each

well not every household can afford a car... so to us, if can own one car means already reach a certain level financially... anyway "rich" is relative... like the fabled MCF middle class  [laugh]  [laugh]

erm...lemme guess

all kids should be banned from going to school?

:D

↡ Advertisement