Good places to shop for carcare products

Fett

I would like to know what products will be safe for cleaning the ceiling of the mpv cause the kids dirty it, also the rug?

I use car soap with water and do a light wet clean. Follow by parking the car under direct sun to dry it out.

Some stubborn stain can be "erased" using an eraser that rub away pencil writings.

Hope this helps...

• Praise 2

1st Gear

https://www.autogeek.net

If you're interested in nice brand car wash or waxing products ,this website makes sense.Wait for their sales coupons and buy.

Good value even with shipping costs I feel.

They ship to singapore? Did u try before?

They ship to singapore? Did u try before?

Yes,bought last month..almost 10 kg pkg..shipping was expensive but by Fedex..shipping cost cut nicely by 50 % due to their coupon which worked out well.

Bought 5 litres of wheel cleaner ,some car shampoos and other stuff! 

Amazon was good when they had the free shipping option.

1st Gear

Yes,bought last month..almost 10 kg pkg..shipping was expensive but by Fedex..shipping cost cut nicely by 50 % due to their coupon which worked out well.

Bought 5 litres of wheel cleaner ,some car shampoos and other stuff! 

Amazon was good when they had the free shipping option.

Roughly how much was ur shipping for that?

(edited)

Roughly how much was ur shipping for that?

some might find it expensive but I like trying new products rather than the usual meguiar ..etc ( not that anything might be better haha )

The wheel cleaner is crazy expensive otherwise can get more car shampoo for same price.

If you consider I don't go to usual car washes and spend only about 2 dollars on the water, these products will last me a long time esp the wheel cleaner.The cost averages out IMO compared to someone spending 5-10 dollars on bad petrol pump car washes.

post-150369-0-21069500-1525676861_thumb.jpg

post-150369-0-24838800-1525676869_thumb.jpg

Edited by shrjun

1st Gear

some might find it expensive but I like trying new products rather than the usual meguiar ..etc ( not that anything might be better haha )

The wheel cleaner is crazy expensive otherwise can get more car shampoo for same price.

If you consider I don't go to usual car washes and spend only about 2 dollars on the water, these products will last me a long time esp the wheel cleaner.The cost averages out IMO compared to someone spending 5-10 dollars on bad petrol pump car washes.

Thats a very reasonable amount to spend on car products, but the USD$75 for shipping may be just a little too much, there are good stuff u can find in SG.  Check out automaxima at Kalidasa Ave, small shop but all quality stuff, first time i went there i spent exactly $1k(yes i know im crazy) They got good stuff selling in bulk, let me know if u see something u like maybe we can combine purchase.

BTW how did u get the discount?

Thats a very reasonable amount to spend on car products, but the USD$75 for shipping may be just a little too much, there are good stuff u can find in SG.  Check out automaxima at Kalidasa Ave, small shop but all quality stuff, first time i went there i spent exactly $1k(yes i know im crazy) They got good stuff selling in bulk, let me know if u see something u like maybe we can combine purchase.

BTW how did u get the discount?

Thank you for the tip.

The discount is via a coupon code that came up on the site while I was shopping.They were having some promo.Also got Facebook page that you can follow and see the codes.

P.S  lol @ the 1K purchase.

Neutral Newbie

I was watching some youtube videos and came across this brand, Gyeon Quartz. Anyone tried their products before.... seems like they have a office in singapore. I check on amazon and see they have many good reviews for the bathe and wetcoat.

(edited)

I was watching some youtube videos and came across this brand, Gyeon Quartz. Anyone tried their products before.... seems like they have a office in singapore. I check on amazon and see they have many good reviews for the bathe and wetcoat.

Good effort in advertising, but MCF people very sceptical one, hard to convince them even to look at the youtube video.

Edited by Volvobrick

If by hand, quite limited to what u can do to be honest. it depends on ur car current condition.. if u haven taken care for years, don't expect your arm power to be able to remove stains, swirls and rain marks..

Full Work: 3-4 times a year

Wash, Claybar, Polish, Sealant, Wax.. if do a kilat job, expect 3 hours and above very least

Normal Monthly:

Wash, Top Up Wax/Sealant (approx 1h)

Daily check:

Quick Detail Spray, ONR wash etc.

If you see those damn shiny cars, pls note its not the wax mainly, its the prep job i.e. the time spent polishing, using compound, DA, cutting (to remove some layer of the clear coat)

Wax /sealant wise, assuming prep job done correctly, will protect your paintjob. Meaning to say, other then shine, the next time u get bombed, it will very easy wash off. To see your level of protection, check the beading and water sheeting - after the rain check your car and other's car, are the rain drops very tight, nicely rounded? Or is it all over the place?

Premium Waxes some damn expensive, but before just in case you take the plunge, remember these waxes like zymol (some models).. swissvax, above $300 per pot .. damn good in ang moh countries, but u know s'pore climate.. it wont last.. so recommend u get something durable.. collinite, autoglym, duragloss are mid range and tried and tested in s'pore... even chemical guys i tried.. not so lasting.. disappointed.. never tried turtlewax before..

once u put effort, do a good job.. after rain u will be tempted to see ur beading.. and will damn song when u see damn nice... then u will become OCD maybe.. for me.. all my clothes are labeled.. which 1 for buffing what etc...

Ultimately.. it is about how much time u want to spend also.. you want to be the shiniest in the car park? or clean and normal can liao... i used to want to be the former.. but the time u spent in rubbing and rubbing to remove 1 swirl.. put wax......

Anyone here know where else we can find a good range of car care products?

Here's a list of what i know but wondering if there are actually more places to check out

1. Petrol Stations

2. Giant

3. Mustaffa Centre

4. Autobacs

TIA

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1