2018 Nissan X-Trail

Styletribe

Neutral Newbie

Hello, I just pick up my x Trail 2 weeks ago but radio tuner is problematic - very fuzzy most times. Is this normal?

Can I also check with fellow owners - for the cabin lights to be auto-on when car doors are open, do you leave the specific overhead button depressed or not depressed?

↡ Advertisement

Hello, I just pick up my x Trail 2 weeks ago but radio tuner is problematic - very fuzzy most times. Is this normal?

Can I also check with fellow owners - for the cabin lights to be auto-on when car doors are open, do you leave the specific overhead button depressed or not depressed?

Check antenna?.... heard shark fin sometimes reception not so good.

For cabin lights, pre-facelift model - not depressed to have it on when car doors open ( i think,....  [:p]  :grin:)

Reception wise, OK. Only thing is sometimes when going over a hump or uneven ground, frequency will change slightly (e.g. 98.7 -> 98.75). To solve this problem, move away from the radio menu and go to the main menu on the headunit.

As for the cabin light, nothing is depressed. All I remember is, when I shut my car engine, cabin light will lit up.

Hope it helps.

I drove my new X-Trail to the NS highway and managed to hit only 11km/L. As  I am driving at 120-130kph, it may not be at the fuel efficient region. I noticed that there may be some calibration issue with the speedometer. As my speedo needle is pointing 120kph, my gps is only showing about 110kph. 

I encountered this same issue in my carpark as well and it is very consistent and happens at the same spot.

Kind of low FC. During good days (e.g. eve of Chinese new year, Christmas eve) where traffic is clear, 80% highway and 20% small road, I can get a FC of 14.9km/L over a distance of about 21.3km in ~22mins duration (7+ a.m). Single pax travelling. Using Esso 5000 petrol with nothing in boot.

Under normal heavy traffic, I'm getting like 11.5km/L and medium traffic something like 12.5~13km/L.

I find that the most fuel efficiency region (based on fuel economy meter 2), 90~100km/h region seems best (where the graphical bar is the longest)

So my thought/expectation that you should be getting 14~15km/L @ NSHW instead of just 11km/L (maybe you got a bad jam at custom and travelling with full-load).

Neutral Newbie

Hello all thanks for help!!

The radio fuzz is very bad, I can't hear clear music no matter where I drive from Jurong to CBD daily, or from East PIE/CTE/SLE.. worst is the entire stretch of SLE, can't hear anything at all. Very disappointed as 9-yr old Latio was crystal clear except when going into Msia (expected).. agent say check at 1k servicing, will monitor after servicing.

Sorry all, last qn: when you connect your phone to head unit via BT, can you view contacts on the display?

Hello all thanks for help!!

The radio fuzz is very bad, I can't hear clear music no matter where I drive from Jurong to CBD daily, or from East PIE/CTE/SLE.. worst is the entire stretch of SLE, can't hear anything at all. Very disappointed as 9-yr old Latio was crystal clear except when going into Msia (expected).. agent say check at 1k servicing, will monitor after servicing.

Sorry all, last qn: when you connect your phone to head unit via BT, can you view contacts on the display?

You have to perform a sync first before the contacts will be loaded to the HU.

I deleted all the contacts from the HU as it doesn't seems to work the way i like it.

I'm currently using Android and some of my contacts has multiple numbers (e.g. work, mobile, personal & etc) and all will be sync & display like as follow

ABC 123456

ABC 456789

ABC 789456

And I can't select specific contacts to sync or manually delete selected contacts from the HU. So end up not using it.

Kind of low FC. During good days (e.g. eve of Chinese new year, Christmas eve) where traffic is clear, 80% highway and 20% small road, I can get a FC of 14.9km/L over a distance of about 21.3km in ~22mins duration (7+ a.m). Single pax travelling. Using Esso 5000 petrol with nothing in boot.

Under normal heavy traffic, I'm getting like 11.5km/L and medium traffic something like 12.5~13km/L.

I find that the most fuel efficiency region (based on fuel economy meter 2), 90~100km/h region seems best (where the graphical bar is the longest)

So my thought/expectation that you should be getting 14~15km/L @ NSHW instead of just 11km/L (maybe you got a bad jam at custom and travelling with full-load).

I dont think anyone will drive 90-100kph in north south highway but I do agreee the car is most efficient at 90-100kph. If you drive 120-130kph, the engine will be in efficient. In Singapore I am driving 80% urban and 20% highway. I am light footed but getting only 7plus to 8km plus per litre.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

am considering this X-trail, just want to find out a few items on this model.

1) how is the 3rd row, for moving in and out ? comfortable in seating for road trip?

2) is it cooling for 2nd and 3rd row passenger?

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Hi,

1) how is the 3rd row, for moving in and out ? comfortable in seating for road trip?

Thanks.

IMHO, the 3rd row is mainly for kids or adults for relatively short distance ~<45min.  if you are going for long distance up north, it will be a challenge.  a mid MPV eg Wish or M5 would be a safer bet.  

• Praise 2

Hi,

Thanks.

3rd row - no dedicated aircon and suitable for kids. And getting in/out, you have to shift 2nd row forward to allow passengers in the 3rd row to get in/out.

There's rear aircon for 2nd row passengers, however, it's rather a "dumb" type whereby it just another aircon outlet. It doesn't have it's own control (unlike Mazda CX-9), so in order for stronger airflow, you have to increase the overall fan speed at the front console.

It happened to me again last Saturday. Straight road, I was in middle lane when the warning beeped twice then the brakes activated. No car in front of me but one on the left lane about 20m

Got
  • Praise 1

Recently kena stone hit and cracked my windscreen , any recommendation for solar film?

Same experience,... no solar film can protect from kena stone.

Go Glass Fix @ Ubi,.... they pretty good.