2018 Nissan X-Trail

Styletribe

Neutral Newbie

Congrats!!

I picked this car cos didn't want another Harrier or Forestor.. collected in Feb 18. but so many problems with the parts since collection - radio had problem, they changed it during 1k servicing, then Bluetooth had problem and I had to send in.. less than 3k done and reverse sensor got problem (beeping non-stop as soon I switched to reverse gear regardless of distance to obstacle).. n the in-car cam doesn't turn on all the time (stuck at start screen).

Gonna wait until 5k servicing to solve these problems. Tired of sending to svc centre alr..

By the way, fellow XTrail owners, when you drive through rain, do u get a sensor error alert saying 'front radar obstructed' .. that stays on ur dashboard?? I encountered this each time I drove through the rain.

Was travelling on SLE towards Woodlands last Saturday and was caught in heavy rain. The remark that you mentioned about 'front radar obstructed' came on in my car and stayed on the dashboard for about 20 mins before it went off. I was also pressing the trace off and on function to rectify the problem and probably it worked.
↡ Advertisement

Was travelling on SLE towards Woodlands last Saturday and was caught in heavy rain. The remark that you mentioned about 'front radar obstructed' came on in my car and stayed on the dashboard for about 20 mins before it went off. I was also pressing the trace off and on function to rectify the problem and probably it worked.

Just to share that the front radar will not work during heavy rain, just disable it to remove the error message. 

Neutral Newbie

Just to share that the front radar will not work during heavy rain, just disable it to remove the error message.

Thanks for sharing. Appreciate it.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Dear all,

1. I am hearing both front and rear suspension squeaks when going over humps.

2. There is also a knocking sound from the left side of the roof when making right turns, moving off and stopping.

Do you face any of the mentioned problems? Please advise or share your opinions. My ride is 9 months old only. Nissan x-trail 2018. Thanks for your input.

Yes, recently also encountered that during a heavy downpour.

And in fact, one of the icon will light up as well.

See attached picture (near to 220km/h mark @ speedometer).

But after a while, it will disappear on it's own.

By the way, anybody know the length of the wiper on the driver side, passenger side and rear window ?

Thanks

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I bought a new X-Trail last December and Monday, the engine was making loud noises and the alternator pulley fell out of the car!

Mind you this is a brand new car, has anybody here experienced a similar fate like me?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I bought a new X-Trail last December and Monday, the engine was making loud noises and the alternator pulley fell out of the car!

Mind you this is a brand new car, has anybody here experienced a similar fate like me?

Thanks.

Wow! This is scary...

So did you get Tan Chong to tow the vehicle and repair it?

What is the status now?

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Wow! This is scary...

So did you get Tan Chong to tow the vehicle and repair it?

What is the status now?

Indeed my first time in my life and i've been driving for > 25 years!

Yes vehicle was towed and is repaired, waiting for Tan Chong to give me some assurances else I'm not going to drive it out of the workshop!

• Praise 1

Indeed my first time in my life and i've been driving for > 25 years!

Yes vehicle was towed and is repaired, waiting for Tan Chong to give me some assurances else I'm not going to drive it out of the workshop!

Did you take any photo of it? I can't visualise what really happened - but is curious as hell about it.

I collected late Dec also, and so is [sweatdrop]

Pls update us what TC says.

DId they give you a replacement car to drive?

• Praise 1

If Xtrail got any problem, pls go to either Ubi or Bukit Timah Service Center. My Xtrail was collected on Nov Last year.

My front radar ki xiao twice (activate brakes in the carpark) then went in to TC Bukit Timah, they changed it and so far haven ki xiao for the past 1 mth.

• Praise 1

If Xtrail got any problem, pls go to either Ubi or Bukit Timah Service Center. My Xtrail was collected on Nov Last year.

My front radar ki xiao twice (activate brakes in the carpark) then went in to TC Bukit Timah, they changed it and so far haven ki xiao for the past 1 mth.

Can you elaborate on how the brake was activated? How fast were you going? was it straight or turning? were there any vehicles/things/people in front that caused the radar sensor to trigger?

Finally, how was the brake? was it very jiak?

Can you elaborate on how the brake was activated? How fast were you going? was it straight or turning? were there any vehicles/things/people in front that caused the radar sensor to trigger?

Finally, how was the brake? was it very jiak?

mine was in the carpark and i was driving ard 15-20km per hr. 1st time it ki xiao was a slight brake. the 2nd time was similar to an ebrake. both times i was going straight
  • Praise 2

Guyz jus to check, the Tan chong motors 3 years free service package dun include CVT transmission fluid change ?

Edited by alex976

mine was in the carpark and i was driving ard 15-20km per hr. 1st time it ki xiao was a slight brake. the 2nd time was similar to an ebrake. both times i was going straight

ok, thanks. Useful info to note. Will tell my wife, who is the main driver. hope it doesn't anyhow brake...

Guyz jus to check, the Tan chong motors 3 years free service package dun include CVT transmission fluid change ?

Transmission fluid won't need to be replaced too early right? If no one can answer, during servicing can go and take their servicing brochure and see what's written there. i think I won't be going for the 5k servicing until Jul, maybe...

Turbocharged

You should directly check with SE who is duty bound to provide this input.

Important Data Protection Warning!

If you have an account with Nissan.com.sg, do not request to reset your password online!

Your password will be sent in plain-text to the back office staff for updating. I was shocked.

This is to protect your password.

I have email evidence to provide if you like to verify.

ok, thanks. Useful info to note. Will tell my wife, who is the main driver. hope it doesn't anyhow brake...

Transmission fluid won't need to be replaced too early right? If no one can answer, during servicing can go and take their servicing brochure and see what's written there. i think I won't be going for the 5k servicing until Jul, maybe...

just asking cos the leaflet says not included in the standard maintenance package.

its $212 to change the CVT fluid.

CVT need alot of TLC for me, every 20,000 or year i definitely change