2018 Nissan X-Trail

Styletribe

Drove the new XT in Japan recently...2L

Eco mode - there is a button to disengage it below the dash on the right side.

Came with pilot assist - a button on the steering wheel to activate this function... and all the frills, cruise control and what not..4wd...snowing and changed to winter tyres.

Had the car for 4 days and did close to 700km.

Over all, nice spacious...a lot of passive safety equipment and sits pretty high up. The dash quality is good, on par with conti, soft material were used...but hor the front door materials are soft leather type but the 2 back doors are hard plastics....I don't know what Nissan was thinking but it will put some buyers off! Cost cutting??

Cons - I didn't like the engine... feels underpowered. This car is heavy!

If you are from a sedan and move to SUV, need some adjustment.... floor the thing, you will hear the rev screaming but the car ain't moving....

Just my 2 cents after driving this car...

If I am a potential buyer, you know what will seal the deal...add a Turbo to the engine, that will seal it!!

↡ Advertisement

Anyone driving the new xtrail encountered the vehicle suddenly braking even when there is no object in front? I understand there is this safety shield feature. But sometimes I get warning sound and sometimes the vehicle will brake on its own but in front is clear. This happens in the carpark too.

Been driving a week. No such incident.

Leisurely drive. My second full tank should get me about 690 km. Not too bad.

I drove my new X-Trail to the NS highway and managed to hit only 11km/L. As  I am driving at 120-130kph, it may not be at the fuel efficient region. I noticed that there may be some calibration issue with the speedometer. As my speedo needle is pointing 120kph, my gps is only showing about 110kph. 

Anyone driving the new xtrail encountered the vehicle suddenly braking even when there is no object in front? I understand there is this safety shield feature. But sometimes I get warning sound and sometimes the vehicle will brake on its own but in front is clear. This happens in the carpark too.

I encountered this same issue in my carpark as well and it is very consistent and happens at the same spot.

I drove my new X-Trail to the NS highway and managed to hit only 11km/L. As I am driving at 120-130kph, it may not be at the fuel efficient region. I noticed that there may be some calibration issue with the speedometer. As my speedo needle is pointing 120kph, my gps is only showing about 110kph.

I encountered this same issue in my carpark as well and it is very consistent and happens at the same spot.

Yes it happens to me in a car park too, on a few occasions. And once along a road

I noticed that there may be some calibration issue with the speedometer. As my speedo needle is pointing 120kph, my gps is only showing about 110kph.

I believe there is an adopted standard deviation of +4 km/h between speedometer and GPS.

Hi folks,

I saw a Qashqai with a "Nismo" body kit at a MSCP, very nice especially when it tone down the chrome on the front grille.

Do anybody know which shop sell such body kit and any estimated pricing for facelifted x-trail ?

attachment=228684:20180103_205314.jpg]

Thanks

post-55084-0-83636000-1514984614.jpg

Neutral Newbie

I experienced it thrice over the past few weeks while driving the vehicle:

Twice at changi airport terminal 3 while entering the pick-up area where the cabin crew usually wait for taxis. I might be wrong. Depending on the speed that the car is entering that built-in zone and with a pillar on your left, wall on your right and height barrier on top, did the sensor sense something relevant to trigger the brakes???

Once coming down ramp before meeting with ground level at national heart centre. I might be wrong again. Depending on the speed that the car is coming down the ramp and towards the end of it where it meets level ground, did the sensor sense something relevant to activate the brakes???

Will probably check it up on next servicing.

I experienced it thrice over the past few weeks while driving the vehicle:

Twice at changi airport terminal 3 while entering the pick-up area where the cabin crew usually wait for taxis. I might be wrong. Depending on the speed that the car is entering that built-in zone and with a pillar on your left, wall on your right and height barrier on top, did the sensor sense something relevant to trigger the brakes???

Once coming down ramp before meeting with ground level at national heart centre. I might be wrong again. Depending on the speed that the car is coming down the ramp and towards the end of it where it meets level ground, did the sensor sense something relevant to activate the brakes???

Will probably check it up on next servicing.

It happened to me again last Saturday. Straight road, I was in middle lane when the warning beeped twice then the brakes activated. No car in front of me but one on the left lane about 20m

Anybody encountered radio change frequency by itself ?

I realized that whenever I go over a hump (slightly faster) or encounter an uneven road, the radio frequency will change by itself (e.g. 98.7 to 98.75).

Any fix for that ?

Thanks

Hi just checking any idea how to go about to update the gps map that comes with x-trail? Tq in advance

Based on SE, it can be done at Tan Chong during servicing. Heard it's like S$20 per upgrade. Basically, there's a SD card inserted in the HU that contain the maps details and protected by a tamper proof sticker.

Frequency wise, i heard it's something like once a year.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1