If Xtrail got any problem, pls go to either Ubi or Bukit Timah Service Center. My Xtrail was collected on Nov Last year.

My front radar ki xiao twice (activate brakes in the carpark) then went in to TC Bukit Timah, they changed it and so far haven ki xiao for the past 1 mth.

Can you elaborate on how the brake was activated? How fast were you going? was it straight or turning? were there any vehicles/things/people in front that caused the radar sensor to trigger?

Finally, how was the brake? was it very jiak?

↡ Advertisement

Can you elaborate on how the brake was activated? How fast were you going? was it straight or turning? were there any vehicles/things/people in front that caused the radar sensor to trigger?

Finally, how was the brake? was it very jiak?

mine was in the carpark and i was driving ard 15-20km per hr. 1st time it ki xiao was a slight brake. the 2nd time was similar to an ebrake. both times i was going straight
  • Praise 2

Posted (edited)

Guyz jus to check, the Tan chong motors 3 years free service package dun include CVT transmission fluid change ?

Edited by alex976

mine was in the carpark and i was driving ard 15-20km per hr. 1st time it ki xiao was a slight brake. the 2nd time was similar to an ebrake. both times i was going straight

ok, thanks. Useful info to note. Will tell my wife, who is the main driver. hope it doesn't anyhow brake...

Guyz jus to check, the Tan chong motors 3 years free service package dun include CVT transmission fluid change ?

Transmission fluid won't need to be replaced too early right? If no one can answer, during servicing can go and take their servicing brochure and see what's written there. i think I won't be going for the 5k servicing until Jul, maybe...

You should directly check with SE who is duty bound to provide this input.

↡ Advertisement

Important Data Protection Warning!

If you have an account with Nissan.com.sg, do not request to reset your password online!

Your password will be sent in plain-text to the back office staff for updating. I was shocked.

This is to protect your password.

I have email evidence to provide if you like to verify.

ok, thanks. Useful info to note. Will tell my wife, who is the main driver. hope it doesn't anyhow brake...

Transmission fluid won't need to be replaced too early right? If no one can answer, during servicing can go and take their servicing brochure and see what's written there. i think I won't be going for the 5k servicing until Jul, maybe...

just asking cos the leaflet says not included in the standard maintenance package.

its $212 to change the CVT fluid.

CVT need alot of TLC for me, every 20,000 or year i definitely change

just asking cos the leaflet says not included in the standard maintenance package.

its $212 to change the CVT fluid.

CVT need alot of TLC for me, every 20,000 or year i definitely change

20k km change is overkill man

20k km change is overkill man

In Singapore due to our humid weather and short distance. IMHO it's not overkill.

If u change frequently, it's better for the CVT. Better than CVT spoil.

Hi,

New x-trail was released in Malaysia few months ago. And the new batch HU (head unit) does comes with Android Auto Play and Apple Carplay.

Wondering anybody intend or has already bought those HU from Nissan-Malaysia and installed in your x-trail?

- Will the 360 car camera still work? By reverse gear as well as "DISP" button on the panel?

- Dynamic guide lines for reversing?

- Control on the steering wheel still work?

Thanks

Hi all,

Anybody like to take over my Tan Chong npmp package @ $900?

3 more services to go. Expire mar 2021.pm me thanks. No topups required for xtrail 2.0

Hello. I just got my car recently. I would like to check if there are any recommendation on where I can get the accessories. accessories such as step board and scuff plates. saw some online but if anyone here has good recommendation do share with me. thank you!

Any replies on step board?

I m looking for it to install but tao bao has too many types. Anyone can share the correct type to buy and already installed on ur xtrail? Manufactured in 2018

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, sitting at TC Bukit Timah now waiting for my 2018 xtrail. Sent it in for the front radar sensor issue discussed in this thread. What the service rep informed me was that some firmware update is needed... That the front radar was somehow receiving feedback signals from other devices (like cctvs and parking sensors), making the front radar think there is obstruction in front. Which explains why most times this "false positive" occurs in carpark. The other potential situation is when there is a strong reflection (eg a window or mirror that reflects your own headlights back to your car) making the car think there is a car in front.

He also wrote on the servicing slip about some "Feb recall program" , which I am unable to find anywhere online or on One Motoring website.

Upon further checks online, seems this issue is very big around the world, with USA Nissan currently going through some lawsuit regarding this front radar issue, having to inspect more than 600,000 cars. Apparently Nissan is blaming Bosch for this (the supplier/manufacturer of the front radar). This radar is used in many of the other models too, not just xtrail.

Advise everyone to visit the service centers for firmware updates. It's dangerous if the car behind cannot react in time.

Edited by Collektor

Npmp with 3 servicing @ $700 to let go. Expiring in March 2021.

↡ Advertisement