All new Subaru Ascent: the AWD 7 seater SUV

DACH

The car is ugly when i saw it in the reviews. It just looks like a big generic looking american car.

really no way u will choose it over Cx-9, highlander, pilot etc.

At least the forester looks unique (if not attractive).

think they try to follow the Range Rover style and market to Western market... 

The car is ugly when i saw it in the reviews. It just looks like a big generic looking american car.

really no way u will choose it over Cx-9, highlander, pilot etc.

At least the forester looks unique (if not attractive).

Agree on the looks. Just quite "meh" to me. Not sure why, but it just looks boring even though it somehow looks like a bigger Forester. Even the Everest looks better than this.

Just a question.

Would the Toyota land cruiser Prado be better than this Accent in capability?

Both cars look boxy to me and should be more than capable of crossing deserts like the Arabs in style with somewhat luxurious fittings and heritage to boot

Toyota with its heritage and Subaru with its accomplished awd system.

Just a question.

Would the Toyota land cruiser Prado be better than this Accent in capability?

Both cars look boxy to me and should be more than capable of crossing deserts like the Arabs in style with somewhat luxurious fittings and heritage to boot

Toyota with its heritage and Subaru with its accomplished awd system.

totally different cars/SUV Leh. Ground clearance is so different.

One is designed for on-road or dirt road at most. Yes it has AWD but ground clearance is low.

A land cruiser is a real 4x4 meant to be used in like malaysian plantations etc or what like landrover

• Praise 1

Ok...I forgot...

I must be daydreaming

One is a ladder on frame and the other is unibody... I really need to praise you, but i run out of them

I shall praise you tomorrow.

totally different cars/SUV Leh. Ground clearance is so different.

One is designed for on-road or dirt road at most. Yes it has AWD but ground clearance is low.

A land cruiser is a real 4x4 meant to be used in like malaysian plantations etc or what like landrover

Agree with u except Ascent ground clearance is not low.

It is high enough that if it had ladder frame etc it would do very well off road

• Praise 1

Target fatties in America since they mentioned those gargantuant fatties have problem getting in and out of a Tribeca. In Sgp Forester fits the bill for most families.

Do you know how big is the Tribeca in the metal? Imagine they have to build a bigger SUV to fit the fatties.

Anyway multi-seater SUVs are quite pointless. Should get the sliding doors ppl carrier from Toyota or Nissan if you want to drive more passengers around.

Then they should come with sliding door instead for the fatty Edited by Lotr8445r

Ugly car matched with an ugly name.

Their Tribeca fail in Singapore market.

I think still looks better than Tribeca.

Tribeca front looks like a pig face.  [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 2

The 2nd row seats will turn ppl off..esp for ppl who ferry 7 pax occasionally..

I quite like the captain style seating actually.  The key question is whether there is sufficient boot space for normal use when all 3 rows are up.

If not, then you end up with effectively a 4-seater when you need boot space.

In any case, if I were a betting man, I don't think this will make it to Singapore (or to RHD markets in general) - just like the Kluger/Highlander or Pilot.  

Latest rumours I heard from Subaru owners is this Ascent will be build here in Thailand in Q3 launching in Q4. It will be build for the regional markets.

• Praise 2

20 minutes ago, steveluv said:

Latest rumours I heard from Subaru owners is this Ascent will be build here in Thailand in Q3 launching in Q4. It will be build for the regional markets.

fight with fortuner...

• Praise 2

29 minutes ago, steveluv said:

heard all models will come from Thailand in near future, no more from Japan.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1