2018 FIFA World Cup

Civic2000

Not to worry, the Angmo will find it very tough to play in a super hot and humid weather here during the month of July. Many will “Ping San” after half time.

Actually 2022 WC will be played in December as FIFA has moved it to avoid the scorching summer in Qatar.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Excited for sthe group a , FIFA World Cup.

2018 WC over leow and the next WC is in 2022, still very far away ..... :slow:

Now we all wait for European Nation Cup 2020 ..... :a-happy:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

Former UEFA president Michel Platini has been arrested as part of an investigation into alleged corruption relating to the decision to award Qatar the 2022 World Cup, according to reports.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11743927/michel-platini-arrested-over-awarding-of-world-cup-2022-to-qatar?fbclid=IwAR2Iv5VLPHMNuFxh-RmPdMlMJ62JzNi6KMsAd1OO7UYMpmcVk0xWYTbCDkY

• Praise 2

Former UEFA president Michel Platini has been arrested as part of an investigation into alleged corruption relating to the decision to award Qatar the 2022 World Cup, according to reports.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11743927/michel-platini-arrested-over-awarding-of-world-cup-2022-to-qatar?fbclid=IwAR2Iv5VLPHMNuFxh-RmPdMlMJ62JzNi6KMsAd1OO7UYMpmcVk0xWYTbCDkY

Bloody FIFA almost all corrupted. Milk the World Cup including us who pay thru our nose to watch n the money supposed to go to FIFA coffers of which part is for football development esp in the poor countries but instead quite abit $ line their pockets

• Praise 6

(edited)

It’s football...one will understand if one knows how much is at stake per weekend of football...

Edited by mersaylee

Bloody FIFA almost all corrupted. Milk the World Cup including us who pay thru our nose to watch n the money supposed to go to FIFA coffers of which part is for football development esp in the poor countries but instead quite abit $ line their pockets

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

see how real suddenly come out with 300m overhaul.

infact they have been the biggest spender year in year out breaking recording signing to dig stars away from other clubs before psg come in .

and no 1 give a hoot .

sadly there is still alot of kelong in football.... 

Real has many overpaid senior aging stars on their payroll.

Many of them has old injuries surfacing and they now play safe.

Younger and newer players recruited have no such issues and they have no fear.

Without Ronaldo, Real will be just like any top teams but nothing spectacular.

Barca still can rely on their good old magician called Messy - so still tough going for "clever" Zidane.

• Praise 4

wah... all these corrupt people. Strange how only a sport, can have so much $$ at stake and make so many people so currupt...

• Praise 1

see how real suddenly come out with 300m overhaul.

infact they have been the biggest spender year in year out breaking recording signing to dig stars away from other clubs before psg come in .

and no 1 give a hoot .

sadly there is still alot of kelong in football....

As I’ve posted time n again, the big 2 Spanish clubs n even some of the Italian clubs seems spared from any punishments n can’t do any wrong. To be fair, some of these rules are UEFA driven rather than FIFA.

I won’t go so far as say “kelong” which I associate with the throwing of games ie influencing results which I still feel is not prevalent at the top level. My take is that it’s politics that drives certain clubs from being privileged and it’s a case of u scratch my back n I’ll scratch yours. Power play by influential club owners, directors n those in UEFA is the root of evil there.

FIFA is different n since a long time, $ speaks in this organisation as rich nations n individuals line the pockets of FIFA exco members for their country or confederations advantage. Some politics also at play in FIFA which was supposed to be cleaned up under the new leadership of Infantino so let’s see if he does what he promised.

Football has grown so big that inevitably money n politics has crept in to spoil the beautiful game that continues to thrill us supporters round the World. There are many volunteers involved in grassroots football giving up time n own money even in Singapore for the love of the game n I feel sad for all of them when I see n read what is happening at the top.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4