To repair or not repair, AD or PI?

Minikong

If rear main seal leak only, it depends how bad. Anyway will not cost 4K. RMS leak can still drive la. Unless it drips a puddle. A couple of drips a day still ok to tahan till scrap or sell off.

↡ Advertisement

Ya thanks for the head ups count here and there repair really better . Family man Liao need to save more

You intend to extend the COE of your Mini Cooper for another 10 years?

Last time when I overseas my wife drove my MCS and a tree trunk damaged the bonnet, guess where she went too for fixing  [:p]

My wife recently sent R56 to MH.  She paid 2.6k for fuel pump (I think hi pressure) + battery + godknowswhatever.

Since i am not in town, boh pian.

actually engine oil leak is quite a common wear and tear symptom for old car... as many of the bros here suggested, you should do the repair, but get a 2nd or 3rd quote... 4k is really chop your head one... 

Coolant leak can ignore immediate repair but not oil or fuel leak.

Someone can torch your car by a flick of a lighted ciggy onto the road.

Engine oil leak- not possible by lighted cigarette. The flash point is 400*F.

Fuel leak - yes. it is possible.

• Praise 4

actually engine oil leak is quite a common wear and tear symptom for old car... as many of the bros here suggested, you should do the repair, but get a 2nd or 3rd quote... 4k is really chop your head one... 

Must be AD workshop... these AD  Service Agent parang very sharp.  They anyhow hantam...  brake pads 50% also will ask the mechanic to change and inform sotong car owner that it has to be changed.

Like one colleague of mine -drives a Phewgoat ---> kanna chop carrot  $8k to change some dunno what engine cam sealant.  Sipeh lut Robert he is.  Told him go get 2nd opinion, he sotong sotong said better let AD do.

Sometimes some of our sinkies frds are the one who encourages workshops to sharpen their parang for the next customer in line  -- coz they never question workshop, get 2nd opinion & believe that any expensive service is good service ---- super sohai. 

Thus now it becomes the norm to charge sky high for  car repair.... sigh....

• Praise 3

Must be AD workshop... these AD  Service Agent parang very sharp.  They anyhow hantam...  brake pads 50% also will ask the mechanic to change and inform sotong car owner that it has to be changed.

Like one colleague of mine -drives a Phewgoat ---> kanna chop carrot  $8k to change some dunno what engine cam sealant.  Sipeh lut Robert he is.  Told him go get 2nd opinion, he sotong sotong said better let AD do.

Sometimes some of our sinkies frds are the one who encourages workshops to sharpen their parang for the next customer in line  -- coz they never question workshop, get 2nd opinion & believe that any expensive service is good service ---- super sohai. 

Thus now it becomes the norm to charge sky high for  car repair.... sigh....

yeah... many people change to other WS after the servicing warranty with AD finishes... however if you want to have peace of mind and not too concerned about the money spent then can always stay on... 

thx all, i managed to get it done around 2 k plus instead plus servicing !.

went to see the c200 amg line, and the mini cooper s 5 door, i think ppl like me still prefer the 5 door cooper s, it just so me.

but ad tell me no stock, and got to wait 6 months, as new model coming out also. 

think i will just drive till this car been scrap, as so far spent quite alot in repairing already.

• Praise 2

(edited)

yeah... many people change to other WS after the servicing warranty with AD finishes... however if you want to have peace of mind and not too concerned about the money spent then can always stay on... 

actually ad got a lot of very good technician, my previous mini, he said bro, this time repair is 10k plus, change car la, ask the sales to give you a overtrade lol!

Edited by Minikong

thx all, i managed to get it done around 2 k plus instead plus servicing !.

went to see the c200 amg line, and the mini cooper s 5 door, i think ppl like me still prefer the 5 door cooper s, it just so me.

but ad tell me no stock, and got to wait 6 months, as new model coming out also.

think i will just drive till this car been scrap, as so far spent quite alot in repairing already.

Spent quite alot on repair..? Mini is like that one?

actually ad got a lot of very good technician, my previous mini, he said bro, this time repair is 10k plus, change car la, ask the sales to give you a overtrade lol!

haha nothing wrong with the AD techs, just the cost issue...

Spent quite alot on repair..? Mini is like that one?

ya is around such prices easily for those bigger repair, or replacement of more expensive part.

haha nothing wrong with the AD techs, just the cost issue...

yes even the ad tech think is crazy to repair, that why ask me walk over to the sales side to settle, will give me a good price for loyal customer, that time is engine issue.

Mini is part of BMW,sure same price,last time my Rover75,also expensive to repair.

Classy car. Reminds me of a baby Bentley

:D

Rover-75-side_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq8x_7fLNH

• Praise 2