Ways to keep children mentally fit

Lmws214

PS4 Little big planet....  

No problem guys... 

lol supposed to get them outdoors and enjoying the holiday, not playing PS haha 

↡ Advertisement

It is al about battle of the mind and will power. Have to be persistent. Don’t give in. Conditioning of their minds. They will eat the greens. Sharing.

Easier said dan done especially when your kids don't resist against you.

Really depends on how much resolve u have to get things done.

my kids don't get to leave the table if they don't finish their vegetables (usually broccoli or carrots) or meat.

My girl is a picky eater and ultra stubborn, so often she eats the carbs finish and leave the ingredients until later.

I've let her finish her lunch at 8pm at night (after she fell asleep in between). Really how u want to do things.

My son not much issue.

Eating outside, finish the undesirables first before u can eat french fries etc.

I have seen this in stages. At first yes, as they grew older not so anymore.

My girl is 26 months old. I cut the greens into micro bits and mixed them with rice and soap. I find that she will spit it out if the vege is too "big" for her liking.

And there is an imaginary "giraffe" when she is eating...I would resist giving to the giraffe and said, "ok you it's your turn to eat or the giraffe will take it away from you"...so far so good. Must change new tricks if old ones doesn't work anymore.

My girl is 26 months old. I cut the greens into micro bits and mixed them with rice and soap. I find that she will spit it out if the vege is too "big" for her liking.

And there is an imaginary "giraffe" when she is eating...I would resist giving to the giraffe and said, "ok you it's your turn to eat or the giraffe will take it away from you"...so far so good. Must change new tricks if old ones doesn't work anymore.

all this methods are called cheating, one day when they grow up and someone ask if they ever eaten vegetable or how broccoli looks like, they will say no   [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

send them to Cscbb for training

Whatever that is it will not work.

Ppl think using authority or being persistent will work but in actual fact it reverse the effect.

I'm sure you have parents who are persistent and think authority works. Ask yourself did it work? You will see them as annoying nags. [laugh]

Edited by Watwheels

all this methods are called cheating, one day when they grow up and someone ask if they ever eaten vegetable or how broccoli looks like, they will say no   [laugh]  [laugh]

Bo pian...must get her used to the taste at least. And the nutrients she require. I take each step at a time.

• Praise 1

Less TV and mobile. More books and crafts. Spend quality time together. Sleep well.

Actually... this should be an everyday affair.

Hoping the new year is less stressful.

Yes truth, no TV, no mobile, no iPad and anything related to electronic devices when they still young, all these can easily pickup when the time they need to use it.  We go to the Public Library to borrow books every other week for our grandkids and read to them.  They enjoys reading and drawing.  Talk to them like an adult, they will speak well and acquired better knowledge.

• Praise 1

This is the childcare method of cooking. Tried before. Children learn quickly. They don't stay innocent and gullible forever.

Edited by Watwheels

This is the childcare method of cooking. Tried before. Children learn quickly.

Talking about school, I find that she bullies us (my wife and I) because she ate everything in school without coaching. But when she's home, she became another animal altogether. 

Talking about school, I find that she bullies us (my wife and I) because she ate everything in school without coaching. But when she's home, she became another animal altogether. 

Same problem. Welcome to the club.

That's why when ppl post this kinda "one size fits all" BS you know these ppl don't have children and they have not face any real challenge at all.

Edited by Watwheels

Same problem. Welcome to the club.

That's why when ppl post this kinda "one size fits all" BS you know these ppl don't have chldren and they have not face any real challenge at all.

ok lah...as you said, they learnt quickly and I'm also learning about them as a parent. I take it as a challenge and each time I succeed, I learnt a new thing about parenting.

Turbocharged

About picky eaters... How u address that?

Like my boy hates durians and my other one siam whenever I gather then around to eat banana

Like my boy hates durians and my other one siam whenever I gather then around to eat banana

i mean personal fruit or food preferences, u gotta let them have their own space lor. No point in forcing them to eat what u know they die die wont eat.

My boy dislikes blueberries for some reason but love a lot of other fruits. while my girl dont mind blue berries but don't like to eat a lot of other fruits.

I only will force them to eat stuff that I know they will eat but they refuse to eat.

haha, hope u not poisoning your child  [laugh]  [:p]

The giraffe method don't really work for my kids. very common trick haha. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

If they are eating proper food, but picky eater or skinny. I think that's perfectly fine.

If they are eating junk food, then refusing proper meals, then the caregivers need to change the way they do things.

ok lah...as you said, they learnt quickly and I'm also learning about them as a parent. I take it as a challenge and each time I succeed, I learnt a new thing about parenting.

if u have a 2nd one, then u realise what was easy for your older one, maybe difficult for the younger one or vice versa.

My older one is the more difficult one so it was very trying for the first 3 years

i don't really have this issue since they just go to 3-4 hour kindergarten.

We took over from my in laws for my girl after she turned 2. Took her months to learn how to behave properly at meals. No walking around being chased around to feed.

Well ... even now she can sit there for hours eating lunch, but she knows nothing else can happen until the meal is over or that we'll feed her only when she's bit sleepy/only some food left in bowl and not hungry anymore.

Ultimately everything can be compromised or come to some funny way to do certain things with children as long as it's not something absolutely critical.

As long as they eat some fruits, it's fine.

Durians are not exactly healthy either.  :XD:

↡ Advertisement