Do you recycle or reuse?How often? What do u recycle/reuse?

Lmws214

Thanks all, I have finally sent the lead acid  battery to the shop below. There is no charge for disposing the battery. In case anyone needs it for reference.

Aik Huat Seng Kee Hardware
Blk 31 Defu Lane 10
#01-44
Singapore 539212
Tel: 62825104 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Thanks all, I have finally sent the lead acid  battery to the shop below. There is no charge for disposing the battery. In case anyone needs it for reference.

Blk 31 Defu Lane 10
#01-44
Singapore 539212

didnt see your post on this. in fact of charging u to get rid of the battery, they suppose to PAY u  for giving them that battery.

u can sell your of battery of any kind, in fact the rate is quite good. 1 battery for honda size can fetch about 8buks.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Beregond said:

didnt see your post on this. in fact of charging u to get rid of the battery, they suppose to PAY u  for giving them that battery.

u can sell your of battery of any kind, in fact the rate is quite good. 1 battery for honda size can fetch about 8buks.

Haha thanks.  I am happy that i am able to get it  disposed  off properly

On 8/29/2020 at 11:53 AM, Ct3833 said:

Blk 31 Defu Lane 10
#01-44
Singapore 539212

Thanks ! 
I've got a few pieces to send there.

• Praise 1

from activeSG.

Give your used sports shoes* a second life! Be part of our nationwide effort to recycle used sports shoes into materials that could be used for jogging tracks, fitness corners and playgrounds. Together, we can build a more sustainable future for ourselves and Singapore!

This circular economy project is in partnership with Dow, a materials science company with sustainability at the core of their business.

https://circle.myactivesg.com/old-shoe-new-future?filter=find-out-more

Shoe collection_FINAL.jpeg

• Praise 1

There is an e-waste recycling bin at Alexandra Retail Centre (ARC). Ground floor, same corner as New Balance, Guardian etc. At the furthest corner of the passageway. 

Drop off your your old rechargeable batteries, old phones, key boards, lap tops, old HDD, remote controllers etc  into the bin  

Give your used sports shoes* a second life! Be part of our nationwide effort to recycle used sports shoes into materials that could be used for jogging tracks, fitness corners and playgrounds. Together, we can build a more sustainable future for ourselves and Singapore!

This circular economy project is in partnership with Dow, B.T. Sports, Alba-WH, Decathlon and Standard Chartered. 

This is a permanent used shoes collection drive and will launch from 5 July 2021 onwards.

https://circle.myactivesg.com/old-shoe-new-future

sarpork ! [thumbsup]

On 5/15/2023 at 8:48 AM, Blueray said:

Sentosa hotels, attractions, F&B outlets to do away with plastic bottled water by end-2023

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/sentosa-hotels-attractions-fb-outlets-to-do-away-with-plastic-bottled-water-by-end-2023

good initiative, imho.

If gahmen really care about saving the environment it should ban takeaway meal single use plastic containers. 

But they are ball less in this aspect. 

• Praise 1

On 5/15/2023 at 8:53 AM, Volvobrick said:

If gahmen really care about saving the environment it should ban takeaway meal single use plastic containers. 

our public education and infrastructure re recycling still needs a lot of improvement.

• Praise 1

then every time tabao food cost 50-70 cents more for the non plastic container?

• Praise 1

On 5/15/2023 at 9:00 AM, Blueray said:

our public education and infrastructure re recycling still needs a lot of improvement.

Not just the public education. Also our own attitude towards recycling effort. To effectively recycle, we need to rinse out the used bottles and tetra packs, ensure that paper is clean from contaminants. And make the effort to drop the suitable items into the proper bins. The people have to embrace recycling too and prepared to put  up with sorting and transport to regular recycling, e-waste recycling, sports shoe recycling, clothes recycling locations. All of which are in different places (talking about Queenstown area). I am prepared to do this and have been doing so. Who else? Not my kids and not the ah peks. 

Not Gahmen ball less.

Rather we have pampered ppl.

Look at supermarket plastic.  You guys are against it.

• Praise 1

On 5/15/2023 at 10:23 AM, serenade said:

Not just the public education. Also our own attitude towards recycling effort. To effectively recycle, we need to rinse out the used bottles and tetra packs, ensure that paper is clean from contaminants. And make the effort to drop the suitable items into the proper bins. The people have to embrace recycling too and prepared to put  up with sorting and transport to regular recycling, e-waste recycling, sports shoe recycling, clothes recycling locations. All of which are in different places (talking about Queenstown area). I am prepared to do this and have been doing so. Who else? Not my kids and not the ah peks. 

correct people here not serious about 分类 when come to recycling, even the bins just let people dump everything inside, make the separating effort meaningless.

my wife always make us wash all the plastic and glass bottles before putting in a bag for recycling bin.

↡ Advertisement