Managing Emotions

Lmws214

Most worries are job related. Somehow throughout my career, I have been in job that affect people's lives (as in bad decision may cause fatalities), people's livelihoods (bad decision may cause many to lose their jobs) and people's life savings (bad decision may impact their savings).

In all these roles, there is always an element of worry.....but I guess that's what it has to be to keep one sharp and to take these roles seriously.

I see some of my clients having the same issue. Some are bosses so they worry about business pipelines as it may impact their staff jobs. 

Managing anger is so much easier as it is a personal choice. Managing worry is difficult.....it is like pain.....a self defence mechanism to warn something is not right with the body.....without it, we could be dead. Still too much worry is not good.......

well, this is the part that is most difficult.  the result was not intentional BUT you do it based on the best of your ability in making those decisions.  Never let the circumstance linger.  You never intended that.

Same in the areas I worked, where it had impact on lives, BUT we do what we need to do, and do it RIGHT!  The rest, will take care of itself.

mebbe im desensitised already, which may be a good thing altogether, where nothing bothers me anymore

and @superbored, to asnwer your qn, look in mirror lo :XD:  :XD:

Edited by RadX
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If life is a race against yourself then just let yourself win lah.

But is life really a race? Sounds like the rat race but not all

of us are rats. So why bother to race unless you are a rat.

:D

Happiness is also an emotion right?

Please don't manage and suppress it.

Let it go and give it full flow and allow

yourself to be as happy as you can.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 2

With FINTECH, MEDTECH and watever TECH approaching, more and more of us will WORRY more.

My main worry is JOB. I know my job will be impacted by FINTECH and had been thinking, should I switch career ? But which one ? Seems like regardless which industry, the XXXTECH will replace alot of jobs.

I guess the only job tat U cant TECH-nised it is the flesh trade.  [:p]

With FINTECH, MEDTECH and watever TECH approaching, more and more of us will WORRY more.

My main worry is JOB. I know my job will be impacted by FINTECH and had been thinking, should I switch career ? But which one ? Seems like regardless which industry, the XXXTECH will replace alot of jobs.

I guess the only job tat U cant TECH-nised it is the flesh trade. [:p]

Don’t be too sure, Japan has come out with sex dolls already so nothing is spared

• Praise 8

I guess the only job tat U cant TECH-nised it is the flesh trade. [:p]

Flesh trade ..
  • Praise 3

That may not be a good thing either.  The worry part shows that you are coping with it through keeping the emotions at bay BUT it manifests in another form.  Need to monitor that as it would eat into you long term. This includes the anxiety that you may have. 

Dun sweat the small stuff and realise that life itself is short.  My modus operandi is 'seek first to understand BEFORE being understood'. 

That way you learn to realise that the other person may have an issue as well, and understand it from that POV.  For those who get angry, snide back, get revengeful, etc., I feel sorry for them as it shows that they have issues with their coping.

In short, I empower myself to take control and only I can do it.  Nobody can irk me when I am in that state as I CHOOSE if I want to get anry or not.  It is a CHOICE

Peace

for you, I do realise that the fuse seems short. However, seeing what you are going thru as well, I understand it BUT do not let it take control over you.  In addtion, you at that age of andropause lah ...heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  Need to be cognizant of that as well.

I guess Reflect that you can empower yourself BUT NOT others.  Once you have that thinking, all will be good.

But when it comes to soccer for you................ [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

[laugh]

I guess you reach Zen levels already...  [laugh]

Some Sharing.

How do one track and manage your daily emotional experience?

Some of the ways I have tried to vent my emotions, say anger, is by going to the beach and shout our my lungs. It helps me quite a fair bit. How about you?

Other ways I did is to engage in "self-love" technique where I will take bus to nowhere and let the bus decide where it stops at the interchange. I purposely don't check the bus number so that I will not know which interchange I am going to. Some other ways I used are drink a big glass of icy cold water one shot gulp down to cool myself down. Watching movie of my choice on my own is another good way to relax. Soak in a warm bath tub with an icy cold Tiger beer is good too.

At the end of the day, i always ask self how did I feel when I am home to do "self-check" to have my own awareness.

How about you; how do u best manage your emotions and what emotions are they?

Cheers and thank you.

Brisk walk after work helps me a lot. Brisk walk 1 or 2 hours to many new places and then take public transport home. i feel more relax every time i finished. 

• Praise 1

Managing emotions?

Giving others advice on how to manage each individual's emotion is like this guy in the video... 

Cheeew... Cheeeew.... Cheeeew.......

How effective?  :D

Most worries are job related. Somehow throughout my career, I have been in job that affect people's lives (as in bad decision may cause fatalities), people's livelihoods (bad decision may cause many to lose their jobs) and people's life savings (bad decision may impact their savings).

In all these roles, there is always an element of worry.....but I guess that's what it has to be to keep one sharp and to take these roles seriously.

I see some of my clients having the same issue. Some are bosses so they worry about business pipelines as it may impact their staff jobs.

Managing anger is so much easier as it is a personal choice. Managing worry is difficult.....it is like pain.....a self defence mechanism to warn something is not right with the body.....without it, we could be dead. Still too much worry is not good.......

post-167240-0-97175900-1512738950.jpeg

↡ Advertisement