Music Concerts

kdash

Am not a live concert person, but if I were, I suppose I would like to attend a concert (or two) at HK Coliseum and Taipei small gigantic egg.  [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Am not a live concert person, but if I were, I suppose I would like to attend a concert (or two) at HK Coliseum and Taipei small gigantic egg.  [:)]

I've only watched jacky cheung in concert before also. His voice already weaker compared to his youth liao.

• Praise 1

I've only watched jacky cheung in concert before also. His voice already weaker compared to his youth liao.

The thing with live concerts is cannot dictate what he sings, so the whole exercise may or may not meet my expectations.

• Praise 1

started this thread so that music enthusiasts can post their concert details and experiences here...

coming up is Corrinne May's open concert this coming Sat evening, MBS open plaza at 9.15pm, admission is complimentary!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcaBg3Cl4Nx/

also, Mayday concert next weekend!!! anyone going???

Me!!! The 15th Dec's !!! 

• Praise 2

Sold out.  [bigcry]

JackyCheung2018_Events_TopBanner_700x292

Watched him perform in HK in Dec last year. Voice is still good, hearing the old songs live in Cantonese really brings back memories. One thing about HK singers is that they also put in a lot of effort in staging the show, from elaborate costumes to stunning visuals.  

• Praise 1

have few music concerts and play in line..

* SSO Christmas concert this weekend

* Harry Potter concert in Jan.

* Jacky cheung concert in Feb.

* huayi festival play by Sylvia Chang in Mar.

• Praise 1

Mayday concert was awesome! first time attending such a mainstream pop concert... my seat location was not the most ideal in terms of visual effects or sound balance, but i could get a good view of the stage and the band. 

the fans were crazy! jumping around and screaming all the way, and many of them are in their 30s and 40s... 

very seasoned and engaging performance by a very experienced band who have been performing and touring for 20 years... definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience! 

edit: forgot to mention they will be coming back to SG in June 2018! performing at the Sports Hub!  [thumbsup]

post-195148-0-91859400-1513697202_thumb.jpg

post-195148-0-68673200-1513697212_thumb.jpg

post-195148-0-02583600-1513697223_thumb.jpg

Edited by kdash

I always wondered how some singers can make so much money. Many of us study until want to die still cannot earn close to them.

How come consumers willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a concert but many complain the price of seeing a medical GP is expensive.

I also find it strange that some fans cry like no tomorrow when their idol gets injured but when their own parents die they have no tears.

Granted singing is a skill but then why we pay our nurses do badly.

• Praise 3

I always wondered how some singers can make so much money. Many of us study until want to die still cannot earn close to them.

How come consumers willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a concert but many complain the price of seeing a medical GP is expensive.

I also find it strange that some fans cry like no tomorrow when their idol gets injured but when their own parents die they have no tears.

Granted singing is a skill but then why we pay our nurses do badly.

Though they do earn from concert taking and merchandise sales, a bulk of these entertainers' earnings come from endorsement and other commercial deals. Brands can potentially move more products just by associating themselves with a famous singer with a huge fanbase. Same as those football players who are paid astronomical wages every week. 

• Praise 2

last time my CO chia me to a concert (the bond) at suntec

sat at one of last few rows. can only see "4 ants". no big screen

left before concert ends.

totally waste of $

• Praise 3