Music Concerts

kdash

On 10/26/2022 at 10:13 PM, Ender said:

Any unker going? These cross generation bands are concerts that father can go with their sons or daughters if they are into rock music.

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/us-rock-band-red-hot-chili-peppers-to-perform-at-national-stadium-in-february

US rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers to perform at National Stadium in February

I will just sit "under the bridge" 🤣

↡ Advertisement

8 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Usually will need to shout encore until lights on and singer come back on stage. Or done but still no come back? Then that's weird. 

😅

nowadays all these 'encore' thing a bit stale, the singer/group would have anticipated.

The reason they ended I think due to consider the large crowd transportation.  I remember the Power Station concert ended quite late, many people didn't catch the last train or bus although indoor stadium not as large as national stadium. 

The real encore was like A-Lin where she insist on carry on while the team didn't prepare more songs outside the list.

One good encore I experienced was 凤飞飞 concert many years ago at indoor, she was already at back stage changed to casual clothing (probably going for supper liao [laugh]). The cheer by a small group of fans was quite persistent until she came out and 清唱 one of her non published new songs then, the sound technicians had to come out to turn on the equipment [laugh]

• Praise 2

9 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

nowadays all these 'encore' thing a bit stale, the singer/group would have anticipated.

The reason they ended I think due to consider the large crowd transportation.  I remember the Power Station concert ended quite late, many people didn't catch the last train or bus although indoor stadium not as large as national stadium. 

The real encore was like A-Lin where she insist on carry on while the team didn't prepare more songs outside the list.

One good encore I experienced was 凤飞飞 concert many years ago at indoor, she was already at back stage changed to casual clothing (probably going for supper liao [laugh]). The cheer by a small group of fans was quite persistent until she came out and 清唱 one of her non published new songs then, the sound technicians had to come out to turn on the equipment [laugh]

凤飞飞 concert at indoor? That's must be at least 15 years ago siah!

8 hours ago, Jman888 said:

duno many of their new songs [laugh] special guest was 奶茶劉若英, one odd thing was the ending, didn't say goodbye or anything words, just bow and turn the lights on??? not even 3 hrs.

VideoCapture_20221204-143921.jpg

This one is May Day concert?

16 minutes ago, 13177 said:

凤飞飞 concert at indoor? That's must be at least 15 years ago siah!

not so old it was in 2010, oh she managed to recall the band and wasn't 清唱. The song was written about the late husband, very touching song.

https://youtu.be/Bxj-T2LhWaI

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

not so old it was in 2010, oh she managed to recall the band and wasn't 清唱. The song was written about the late husband, very touching song.

https://youtu.be/Bxj-T2LhWaI

Looks like 2010 was 凤飞飞 last time holding concert. And 2 years later she died from cancer.

4 minutes ago, Tohto said:

@Jman888 going? 

Screenshot_20221213_223548_Outlook.jpg

walau why hold it at RWS, I dun like that venue leh.  Actually I been to too many of his concerts in the past since the 80s.

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

walau why hold it at RWS, I dun like that venue leh.  Actually I been to too many of his concerts in the past since the 80s.

RWS indeed no good. If no drive, troublesome to take bus or sentosa express to RWS and out of sentosa after the concert. If drive and park in RWS, the parking not cheap.

9 hours ago, Jman888 said:

Maybe cheaper venue for the organiser.

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Maybe cheaper venue for the organiser.

on budget [laugh]

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Could be lack of slot nowadays 

i think RWS is cheaper and also consider the audience size that he might not be able to fetch as before for bigger venue in town.

• Praise 1

On 12/21/2022 at 8:38 AM, inlinesix said:

National Stadium is not a good location for concert. Too much echoe due to the design.

• Praise 2