Vios returns to BM in 2018

Defcon

I "shudder" to think what will happen to the occupants in the car when the auto "climax" is activated...

↡ Advertisement

Why would anyone be offended (except die hard vios supporters) when what you mentioned is true? IMO, Vios lost out in both price and quality.. Its not surprising if pple are going for other brands if this continues. The phrase "Toyota sells itself" is slowly diminishing.

Yeah slowly diminishing i agree

Twincharged

Just heard from my in laws that the vios they booked on 12july2018 @83k with guaranteed coe is now 73k.

They got a 10k rebate from Borneo for the price as the VES is now neutral instead of a penalty of 10k.

Collecting car on Friday.

Anyone else got a rebate in the overall price?

Just heard from my in laws that the vios they booked on 12july2018 @83k with guaranteed coe is now 73k.

They got a 10k rebate from Borneo for the price as the VES is now neutral instead of a penalty of 10k.

Wow...BM really power

Finally the right pricing... 

Twincharged

BM's profit margin for Vios is very high at about $23k to $24k depending on the model.

Not really. For 73k, they only made 9k. Basic cost is 31k and coe at 33k

Not really. For 73k, they only made 9k. Basic cost is 31k and coe at 33k

I got the data from LTA's July 2018 file.  The basic cost for "E" with COE was about $66k, while the selling price was $89k.  Hence, the profit margin works to be $23k.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost/_jcr_content/main_par/download/file.res/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Twincharged

I got the data from LTA's July 2018 file. The basic cost for "E" with COE was about $66k, while the selling price was $89k. Hence, the profit margin works to be $23k.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost/_jcr_content/main_par/download/file.res/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Please check carefully again. Vios E Without coe is 40954. Right? But this is with the 10k VES penalty. So minus it of becomes 30954 or 31k for convenience. My in laws got the recent coe of 33k so total basic cost with coe is 64k, they are paying 73k.

Please check carefully again. Vios E Without coe is 40954. Right? But this is with the 10k VES penalty. So minus it of becomes 30954 or 31k for convenience. My in laws got the recent coe of 33k so total basic cost with coe is 64k, they are paying 73k.

My maths is not very good but let's look at the details together:

OMV $13,456

GST/Excise duty $3,822

ARF $13,465

VES $10,000

Registration Fee $220

COE  $25,000

Car cost with COE $65,953

BM's selling price with COE $88,988

Gross profit $88,988 - $65,953 = $23,035

VES is already factored in.  Did I miss out anything here?

Twincharged

My maths is not very good but let's look at the details together:

OMV $13,456

GST/Excise duty $3,822

ARF $13,465

VES $10,000

Registration Fee $220

COE $25,000

Car cost with COE $65,953

BM's selling price with COE $88,988

Gross profit $88,988 - $65,953 = $23,035

VES is already factored in. Did I miss out anything here?

Was quoting a real life example and not car cost as posted! Must show you invoice then you believe that they only made 9k from my in laws ah?

Cannot derieve profits just by plus n minus. We do not know the expenses incurred

Definitely.  The showrooms have to be well-maintained and staff salaries have to be paid too.  In the past when I bought Toyota cars, the profit margin did not seem to be so high (if my calculation and LTA's data are correct) for a bread and butter car.  It might be due to falling sales and BM no longer enjoys the economy of scale.

Was quoting a real life example and not car cost as posted! Must show you invoice then you believe that they only made 9k from my in laws ah?

Please do.  I'm genuinely interested to see and not trolling you.  I'm here to learn and share.  You can PM me if privacy is a concern.  Thanks.

Twincharged

Definitely. The showrooms have to be well-maintained and staff salaries have to be paid too. In the past when I bought Toyota cars, the profit margin did not seem to be so high (if my calculation and LTA's data are correct) for a bread and butter car. It might be due to falling sales and BM no longer enjoys the economy of scale.

Please do. I'm genuinely interested to see and not trolling you. I'm here to learn and share. You can PM me if privacy is a concern. Thanks.

Hahhaha. Go fly kite. Believe if you want to or not. Have been here long enough for some to know that I’m not so bo liao to cook such shit up! Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement