Chai Tao Kway, black or white?

DACH

47 members have voted

1. 1. Chai Tao Kway, Black or white?

• Both
    • Black
    • White
    • I don't like chai tao kway

I prefer black for breakfast and white for other times of the day.

I’ve yet to find a black carrot cake which I particularly like though there are a few of good standard.

But for white, without doubt my vote goes to Chey Sua carrot cake at Toa Payoh, same choice as Superbored.

• Praise 6

Often my dilemma. So I like stalls that offers both on a plate when I feeling like wanting both. But so few stalls do that.

Being an egg omelette person, its a simple joy to see the stall owners cracking the eggs stirring them, and pouring them over the kway.

Most memorable CKT you say? It cant be found any more. Some may remember the CKT stall at the old Thomson Yaohan food section. An old auntie cooked them in black only, in big chunks. Simply good !

At the risk of revealing my age, I grew up in Tanglin Halt area. I remember as a kid, we used to bring our own egg to the market to buy CTK. Bring your own egg and the Hawker would charge 20 cents less. Those were the days.

• Praise 6

Best is still bt Timah market. Ate there often growing up.

White. Cos I like the egg flavour with the crisp carrot cake.

I think we talking about the same one bro. :XD:

At the risk of revealing my age, I grew up in Tanglin Halt area. I remember as a kid, we used to bring our own egg to the market to buy CTK. Bring your own egg and the Hawker would charge 20 cents less. Those were the days.

located at the middle front entrance of the stretch of hawker stalls?

the old hawker stalls quite dirty where behind was the wet market. i always remember it as dark wet and dirty place but all the food were just too good  [laugh]

Edited by Jman888

I prefer black cos its sweeter. White only if cook is skilled. Many nowadays very normal and forgettable.

I remember last time at the old Tiong Bahru Market, one uncle fry very nice. His CTK is chopped in bigger cubes, not like most nowadays more chui...

I like mine brown & white. More pecan and extra cream cheese.

CC.png

No wonder your nick is such :D
  • Praise 1

located at the middle front entrance of the stretch of hawker stalls?

the old hawker stalls quite dirty where behind was the wet market. i always remember it as dark wet and dirty place but all the food were just too good [laugh]

Yes! Exactly where you described it. A few steps away from the road. In the afternoons, when the wet market stalls were closed, we used to play hide and seek there. Smelly and dirty but it was our playground. You grew up there too?
  • Praise 1

Did that too ....... we were young then
  • Praise 2

Black with chilli at North Bridge Road hawker for breakfast.

It is actually behind ICA.

$2 but dun know got increase price or not.

Office used to be in that area.

↡ Advertisement