Feels Like Insomnia

racergem

I can't sleep 'till you're next to me~
In all seriousness though, I've been having a problem with insomnia lately. I'll be dead tired from work and everything but I'll still lie in bed awake for hours. Before I know it, my alarm is going off and I don't feel like I got any sleep at all. I'm scared to take sleeping pills. Don't want to OD or anything but I'm also too scared to see a doctor. Are there any natural methods you guys can recommend?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Find ways to relax yourself.

Previously, i would run after work to relax myself.

Some people would feel even more energetic and awake after running if too close before sleep. 

• Praise 1

I can't sleep 'till you're next to me~

In all seriousness though, I've been having a problem with insomnia lately. I'll be dead tired from work and everything but I'll still lie in bed awake for hours. Before I know it, my alarm is going off and I don't feel like I got any sleep at all. I'm scared to take sleeping pills. Don't want to OD or anything but I'm also too scared to see a doctor. Are there any natural methods you guys can recommend?

Did you have an overdose of caffeine? I used to feel something similar to what you described. From then on, I refrain from caffeinated drinks after 3pm. Just a reminder, some carbonated drinks such as coke is caffeinated as well.. Maybe you can try to skip caffeine after lunch and see how it goes?

• Praise 4

Some people would feel even more energetic and awake after running if too close before sleep. 

I used to run 1hr at 6+ pm.

Take shower & continue to work till maybe 9pm.

Go home and sleep around 12.

I got one trick very very unorthodox one

But you will need some preparing work

First you need some generous amount of tissue paper :grin: now I couldn’t stress more about this

Make sure you pee first, no more pee then proceed to next sextion

Lie down on bed to Watch some educational Japanese family drama

Beat your head

Beat until vomit

Catch the vomit with the tissue

Ok this part very important because the next 2 minutes will make or break the cycle

Don’t bath, don’t wash hand

Dump the tissue at the side

Sleep immediately dont see handphone Liao

If you succeed in sleeping, the sleep will be very sextisfying

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 14

I think you are too tense to relax and sleep. Maybe due to work and stress. Take time off, take leave, go to some quiet resort alone, do nothing and relax. Leave your smartphone at home.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

I think you are too tense to relax and sleep. Maybe due to work and stress. Take time off, take leave, go to some quiet resort alone, do nothing and relax. Leave your smartphone at home.

Sometimes cant sleep not necessary due to phone. I have experienced before, if you really cant sleep means cant sleep, nothing much you can do about it. And when you cant sleep, naturally people would feel frustrated and anxious, this would make you even more cant sleep.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 2

Sometimes cant sleep not necessary due to phone. I have experienced before, if you really cant sleep means cant sleep, nothing much you can do about it. And when you cant sleep, naturally people would feel frustrated and anxious, this would make you even more cant sleep.

saw your sharing in the other thread bro. hows your condition now? getting better? 

Keep your mind clear of everything. I guess you are worried about work related stuff.

And switch off your handphone before you sleep.

Drink some warm milk before sleeping. It helps.  [;)]

just read some boring stuff like your old most hated subject textbook or cscbb's droning one way street lectures......guaranteed plus chope will  sleep.

*disclaimer: not backed by any medical research papers :D

• Praise 4

saw your sharing in the other thread bro. hows your condition now? getting better? 

Think slightly better, so i must not feel anxious, if not cant sleep. The more i fear of not able to fall asleep, the more i might not able to fall asleep. Lol.

Edited by 13177

Think slightly better, so i must not feel anxious, if not cant sleep. The more i fear of not able to fall asleep, the more i might not able to fall asleep. Lol.

Don't put alarm clock close to you so that you won't get anxious keep looking at the time. 

just read some boring stuff like your old most hated subject textbook or cscbb's droning one way street lectures......guaranteed plus chope will  sleep.

*disclaimer: not backed by any medical research papers :D

heng you not psychiatrist.....may cause obverse effect...no sleep

thna again, can take part in subaru challenge haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Praise 1

Don't put alarm clock close to you so that you won't get anxious keep looking at the time. 

Its not the alarm clock that make me anxious. During that time when i could not sleep, i didnt look at the clock at all but whole night i still could not sleep. Lol.

↡ Advertisement