Feels Like Insomnia

racergem

2 hours ago, Angcheek said:

I  cant sleep since 3 yr ago 😪 

What you mean cant sleep 3 year ago ah? You every night on guard duty? 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Watwheels said:

I take this if I cant sleep. I dont like to take the Melatonin in pill form so my wife got this for me(at iherb). If any of you have children who are hyper active at night you can give them too. Within half an hour will feel sleepy and concuss. I took one only. At first I took 2. Kinda strong. Woke up feeling lethargic. My wife at first told me to take 3, luckily I tried 2 first.

1 gummy = Melatonin 1mg, the rest are sugar. It's like eating candy. The cap is child-proof so dont need to worry too much.

Melatonin.thumb.jpeg.75ee1f92aef447d2590ddb2c41a405c3.jpeg

This one is for children le? Can work in adult meh? Lol.

Actually if i really need to sleep and next day got to work, sometimes i will take either the flu med or 1 tab anarex, confirm can sleep. But i try not to take too often since it is medicine. 🙄

1 hour ago, TameDriver said:

He can't self diagnose, that's why he's asking for help 😁

This is coming from a person who also has trouble sleeping sometimes. IMO, Its usually not that people don't know what the problem is when they can't sleep.

It's that they aren't willing to take the steps required to help them sleep better (be on cpap, exercise, stay off alcohol, meditate, stay off screens, have a fixed bed time etc etc) and are only looking at short term fix like medicines, alcohol, pcc for guys. Not willing to be disciplined in the way you approach sleep and go down the list one by one until u improve your lifestyle or sleep hygiene. 

If you are genuinely stressed over social issues out of their control, having anxiety/depression, doing multiple jobs, have sleep apnoea or shift worker, I would have more sympathy. 

• Praise 4

35 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

This is coming from a person who also has trouble sleeping sometimes. IMO, Its usually not that people don't know what the problem is when they can't sleep.

It's that they aren't willing to take the steps required to help them sleep better (be on cpap, exercise, stay off alcohol, meditate, stay off screens, have a fixed bed time etc etc) and are only looking at short term fix like medicines, alcohol, pcc for guys. Not willing to be disciplined in the way you approach sleep and go down the list one by one until u improve your lifestyle or sleep hygiene. 

If you are genuinely stressed over social issues out of their control, having anxiety/depression, doing multiple jobs, have sleep apnoea or shift worker, I would have more sympathy. 

You have listed almost all the main causative factors but missed out the crucial one, which no medicine can help.  😆😆

• Haha! 4

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

everynight cannot sleep, then ask for above. Think your wife will move out of the room [laugh]

Sexercise shall not and must not be limited to one location or pattern 

the sky’s the limited..Mustank said one 

• Haha! 2

7 hours ago, Old-driver said:

Lao lang no need so much sleep .... not insomnia la :nosepick:

I know lao lang no need so much sleep, but my case now is cannot fall asleep le, not i sleep shorter hours lo. [sweatdrop]

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

I suspect my anxiety level could be high when i have insomnia and sleep problem?! This resulted that i could not fall asleep, or even after i have fall asleep but tend to have poor quality of sleep?!

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

This one is for children le? Can work in adult meh? Lol.

Actually if i really need to sleep and next day got to work, sometimes i will take either the flu med or 1 tab anarex, confirm can sleep. But i try not to take too often since it is medicine. 🙄

It's the content that matters. I took this for kids cos I explained myself. I didnt want to take a pill. And I only take it when I have difficulty sleeping.

The keyword in my post is Melatonin. Obviously it comes in many form. This will help you sleep. If you still dont get it continue to stay awake at night.

And if could read it says "dietary supplement" on the bottle. It's not medicine that requires a doctor's prescription. Come on lah. You are no longer a child. All this basic stuff you should know by now.

Good luck.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

24 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I suspect my anxiety level could be high when i have insomnia and sleep problem?! This resulted that i could not fall asleep, or even after i have fall asleep but tend to have poor quality of sleep?!

worrying about cannot sleep will make you insomnia, maybe you should find more things to worry about to divert your worrying.

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

Vicious cycle lor. U need to find things to unwind yourself before bedtime. 

• Praise 1

55 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Vicious cycle lor. U need to find things to unwind yourself before bedtime. 

Indeed vicious cycle. Once a while i will have a period that insomnia would hit me, then after a while it would go away, and then my sleep so called back to a bit of normal. Then dont know when again, this problem come back again?! 😨😓

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Indeed vicious cycle. Once a while i will have a period that insomnia would hit me, then after a while it would go away, and then my sleep so called back to a bit of normal. Then dont know when again, this problem come back again?! 😨😓

It's your mental and emotional state that's causing insomnia. 

Well, u need to find out what's causing the anxiety and manage from the source. 

Different methods works for different people.

• Praise 3

12 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

It's your mental and emotional state that's causing insomnia. 

Well, u need to find out what's causing the anxiety and manage from the source. 

Different methods works for different people.

I have to agree, even though i might know that it should be the anxiety and stress that causing my insomnia but somehow also not easy to manage it. 😅

My MIL has the bestest advice for Insomnia.

She says The best thing to cure Insomnia

is just to have a good night's sleep.

:grin:

Old people advice like that one lah.

Cannot bathe when pregnant, cannot bath for 6 months after give birth.

Must eat lots of ginger and onions and vinegar after give birth etc etc.

Maybe it worked living in the cold mountains in China 100 years ago when people so cold don't sweat and no hot water heater and wooden house very ventilation.

But no bathing and all that onions and ginger.

Woah the smell who can sleep like that?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

19 hours ago, TameDriver said:

You have listed almost all the main causative factors but missed out the crucial one, which no medicine can help.  😆😆

Lonely is me la not him HAHAHAHAHAAH

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, SiLangKia said:

Lonely is me la not him HAHAHAHAHAAH

Ya lo, even you are lonely also dont have insomnia?! So nothing got to do with lonely lo. 😂

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Jamesc said:

My MIL has the bestest advice for Insomnia.

She says The best thing to cure Insomnia

is just to have a good night's sleep.

:grin:

Old people advice like that one lah.

Cannot bathe when pregnant, cannot bath for 6 months after give birth.

Must eat lots of ginger and onions and vinegar after give birth etc etc.

Maybe it worked living in the cold mountains in China 100 years ago when people so cold don't sweat and no hot water heater and wooden house very ventilation.

But no bathing and all that onions and ginger.

Woah the smell who can sleep like that?

Congrats on having a new kid ..... 👶🏼 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2