Hit and Run at MSCP

Nutty

My car kena hit-and-run while parked stationery at my MSCP two days ago.

A kind-hearted uncle who witnessed the act left a note on my windscreen. I proceeded to retrieve a clean video footage of the hit-n-run incident.

I proceeded to make a police report and accident claim at my insurer's workshop. The workshop will file a claim against the culprit and told me I will be advised of the next steps in about 7 working days.

Anyone with similar experience? Will my claim be successful? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

A kind-hearted uncle who witnessed the act left a note on my windscreen. I proceeded to retrieve a clean video footage of the hit-n-run incident.

I proceeded to make a police report and accident claim at my insurer's workshop. The workshop will file a claim against the culprit and told me I will be advised of the next steps in about 7 working days.

Wah sgt jialat bo? U must be very heartpain!  [smallcry]

Not jialat. Bumper paint tio scratched and one chunk of paint gone. Bumper still intact though.

Video footage shows the driver reversing into my car and drove away immediately.

Behind him got 2 cars waiting to park. One of these car owners must be the whistle blower.  [thumbsup]

Wah sgt jialat bo? U must be very heartpain!  [smallcry]

• Praise 2

Not jialat. Bumper paint tio scratched and one chunk of paint gone. Bumper still intact though.

Video footage shows the driver reversing into my car and drove away immediately.

Behind him got 2 cars waiting to park. One of these car owners must be the whistle blower.  [thumbsup]

You can also make a police report of hit and run if you want as the traffic rule had been revised that even in car park you hit another car and didn't leave your contact.

• Praise 2

I have witnessed hit-and-run in MSCP before and left a note on the victim's car.

With car cams and whistle blowers everywhere, I am surprised people still taking their chances.

Lucky someone so kind hearted to tell you about it!

Yup, made police report within 24 hrs.

Initially I wanna give chance and let the culprit contact me. But 36hrs liao still dun take the initiative to call me and admit/

Now, I won't even accept private settlement. Just let the insurer/workshop handle.

You can also make a police report of hit and run if you want as the traffic rule had been revised that even in car park you hit another car and didn't leave your contact.

With many cars having cams nowadays, not so easy to hit and run at carparks. Someone approached me recently at my MSCP, asked if I had video footage of someone hitting her car while parking late at night. Unfortunately both mine and her dashcams turn off when parked. She left notes on all cars in that level asking for help and she updated me later that someone captured the accident. 

• Praise 6

I have witnessed hit-and-run in MSCP before and left a note on the victim's car.

With car cams and whistle blowers everywhere, I am surprised people still taking their chances.

Yup, made police report within 24 hrs.

Initially I wanna give chance and let the culprit contact me. But 36hrs liao still dun take the initiative to call me and admit/

Now, I won't even accept private settlement. Just let the insurer/workshop handle.

Claim the fellow Gao gao

Yeah man..

Somemore the note on my windscreen indicated the exact time, culprit's car model and car plate number, and even the nationality/gender of the driver. Easy for me to retrieve the video footage. Unfortunately, no footage of the culprit coming over to take a look at my car. 

With many cars having cams nowadays, not so easy to hit and run at carparks. Someone approached me recently at my MSCP, asked if I had video footage of someone hitting her car while parking late at night. Unfortunately both mine and her dashcams turn off when parked. She left notes on all cars in that level asking for help and she updated me later that someone captured the accident. 

Edited by Nutty
  • Praise 1

Wow, I should have done that 2 months ago when someone bum into my car park at the open air carpark. My brand new car bumper was scratched. So Sad :TT_TT: and angry :yuush:  :pissed-off: .

• Praise 1

My previous car also kena hit-n-run at MSCP in 2016. I know which car did it coz I recall a white Wish parked head in next to me.

I even spotted his bumper got my paint.

But lan lan suck thumb. I did not have a 24/7 car cam back then.

CAnnot do anything.

Wow, I should have done that 2 months ago when someone bum into my car park at the open air carpark. My brand new car bumper was scratched. So Sad :TT_TT: and angry :yuush:  :pissed-off: .

Actually the camera can see car plate clearly meh? Once someone play punk go overtake me and jam brake because I was driving “too slow” near school zone. Wanted to shame him but when I look at footage, sibei cui leh.

I'm using Thinkware F770. Super clear even though it's at night.

Actually the camera can see car plate clearly meh? Once someone play punk go overtake me and jam brake because I was driving “too slow” near school zone. Wanted to shame him but when I look at footage, sibei cui leh.

Video quality pretty decent.

https://youtu.be/i_8U1TQWHJs

kudos to the uncle who left a note on your windscreen. hope everything goes smoothly  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Same here.

A very loud looking WRX was vandalised with paint in my mscp and the owner approached me if I had the footage.

My car wasn't parked around his so couldn't help.

You are very fortunate to have witnesses and video. It should be in your favour. However, be aware that this might drag.

I had similar incident on my previous car, and it took about 8 months to fully settle.

• Praise 1

Drag, even with obvious video footage?

Coz the culprit denied? or engaged lawyers to fight?

My insurer workshop mentioned they will get back to me in 7 working days. Fingers crossed till then.

You are very fortunate to have witnesses and video. It should be in your favour. However, be aware that this might drag.

I had similar incident on my previous car, and it took about 8 months to fully settle.

Edited by Nutty
↡ Advertisement