Hit and Run at MSCP

Nutty

My car kena hit-and-run while parked stationery at my MSCP two days ago.

A kind-hearted uncle who witnessed the act left a note on my windscreen. I proceeded to retrieve a clean video footage of the hit-n-run incident.

I proceeded to make a police report and accident claim at my insurer's workshop. The workshop will file a claim against the culprit and told me I will be advised of the next steps in about 7 working days.

Anyone with similar experience? Will my claim be successful? 

As long as you able to produce clear video footage  that the other car knock on to you, yr insurance confirm help to claim other party.

I kena twice hit and run with clear video footage. Go to my authorise dealer claim own damage first then as your insurance to claim other party.

Fast and good. 3rd party claim slow process.

Actually the camera can see car plate clearly meh? Once someone play punk go overtake me and jam brake because I was driving “too slow” near school zone. Wanted to shame him but when I look at footage, sibei cui leh.

im using thinkware. damn good lo. car no.can see clearly

↡ Advertisement

When I hit people I always leave a note behind.

I am pretending to leave you my contact as your Kay poh neighbor keeps looking at me and I hope your SD card kaput from re writing over and over again.

• Praise 1

Drag, even with obvious video footage?

Coz the culprit denied? or engaged lawyers to fight?

My insurer workshop mentioned they will get back to me in 7 working days. Fingers crossed till then.

If owner deny or engage lawyers to fight the claim, he/she will need to do the same for the police investigation.

Don't think it is worthwhile. Best he/she can do is probably deny they are the driver during the incident.

Edited by w7_lee

i ever kana hit and run before, my car cam clearly got his number plate and private hire decal.

my workshop says filed for me surely can win, but until the culprit driver make a report if not cannot do anything or proceed.

knowing this i had make a police report plus emailing LCR ( probably uber driver ) requesting them to assist in notifying the driver to report the case, if not my workshop say have to LL claim my own insurance which i find it ridiculous...whats the point of buying insurance if cannot claim against the culprit until he make a report on his side....

in the end LCR notify the hirer and things got sped up by the police as well....the hit and run culprit got 3 charges ( Hit and run, fail to report insurance within 24hrs, and reckless driving )

I successfully claimed loss of use 4 days, full repairs of 1.8k....

• Praise 4

When I hit people I always leave a note behind.

I am pretending to leave you my contact as your Kay poh neighbor keeps looking at me and I hope your SD card kaput from re writing over and over again.

• Praise 1

Well, building on your strategy, should start to collect those motor insurance/car wash name cards. If hit anyone, just leave one of the name cards behind so that -

1. Any eye witness will think you have left contacts behind and ignore the situation

2. Car owner is clueless who hit him or think is those companies who hit him

3. By then hopefully SD card was overwritten and you live another day

Think there is a special place in hell for people like that. [bounce1]

Haha I always take a name card from those show flats.

And yes the special place in hell is where they ply you with alcohol, women and fast food. All the sinful things you won't get in heaven.

Twincharged

48 hrs liao. The culprit refused to contact me.

This is now truly a hit and run incident by my neighbour.

Did your camera show him coming out to check his car or your car for damages after he hit? Or did he just drive off without checking? If he drove off without checking then he might claim he doesn't even know, then it will be hard to claim. Learnt it the hard way. End up pay out of my own pocket.

Did your camera show him coming out to check his car or your car for damages after he hit? Or did he just drive off without checking? If he drove off without checking then he might claim he doesn't even know, then it will be hard to claim. Learnt it the hard way. End up pay out of my own pocket.

My last hit and run incident, the driver did not come out to check. however, i have video footage and submit to police and TP. The driver was punished with 3  demerit points for reckless driving.

Claim own damage for the repair, then my insurance company claim from other party. ncd not affected. closed case 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

My last hit and run incident, the driver did not come out to check. however, i have video footage and submit to police and TP. The driver was punished with 3  demerit points for reckless driving.

Claim own damage for the repair, then my insurance company claim from other party. ncd not affected. closed case 

At least yours they charge him with reckless driving even though cannot charge for hit and run. Mine they only gave him warning. He in the end also never report insurance cuz he claim his car no damage.. Insurer told me can claim own insurance first then try to claim back from him, but might affect NCD and premiums if in the end cannot claim... So I decided to pay myself since its only a few hundred dollars.

The driver in your case also lucky since hit-and-run penalty is much harsher.

Edited by Nzy

At least yours they charge him with reckless driving even though cannot charge for hit and run. Mine they only gave him warning. He in the end also never report insurance cuz he claim his car no damage.. Insurer told me can claim own insurance first then try to claim back from him, but might affect NCD and premiums if in the end cannot claim... So I decided to pay myself since its only a few hundred dollars.

The driver in your case also lucky since hit-and-run penalty is much harsher.

Then u can consider to change another insurance company. Which insurance company?

Edited by sonic_kp

Hit people if they don't know they don't have to pay?

Next time I hit people I will not come out and check

and just drive away so I don't need to pay.

Thanks for a good tip.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 1

I left a note on his windscreen to contact me.

How will he get your contacts leh?

Thanks for sharing. Good to hear that. 

With many cars having cams nowadays, not so easy to hit and run at carparks. Someone approached me recently at my MSCP, asked if I had video footage of someone hitting her car while parking late at night. Unfortunately both mine and her dashcams turn off when parked. She left notes on all cars in that level asking for help and she updated me later that someone captured the accident.

Her car not his car?

So you gotten her contact?

Sweet?

Edited by Kopites

Drag, even with obvious video footage?

Coz the culprit denied? or engaged lawyers to fight?

My insurer workshop mentioned they will get back to me in 7 working days. Fingers crossed till then.

They can't ignore not knowing of the collision impact since only scratches.

One it won't be amounting to hi and run.

Is up to the insurance and police to "inform" him.

Many heavy vehicle and taxi uncle have pulling such stunt in carparks vicinity.

Why we say hit and run? Everybody run meh.

I thought own video recording not necessarily can be presented as evidence and may not be acceptable by courts as such unless there is proof that it is not doctored.

A real situation. Victim had video recording of accident but 1. Date and time stamp on the video was not set correctly, 2. Courts asked victim to get professional assessor that video had not been tempered with. In the end it was cheaper and quicker to drop claim.

I believe there are people out there who knows how to game the system.

• Praise 1

I left a note on his windscreen to contact me.

Thanks for sharing. Good to hear that.

Wah. Wait for him/her to appear then confront la. Buay paiseh siol the person.
↡ Advertisement