Hit and Run at MSCP

Nutty

MAS will say not their care. 

TP will say, we will charge them but you claim yourself. 

LTA, will say not under their care.

Ins Co will say, breach of policy, sorry we reject your claim. ( Unless i claim my own damage first and let the ins co handle then i am off the hook. But how was i to know, he never report and now no license. [dizzy], ) 

After awhile in singapore, you know what the agencies will say. 

Tell MAS to f spider lah.

In other jurisdiction like India and Malaysia, insurer of 3rd party has to pay your damage regardless of legal or illegal act.

How come Singapore is not practising that?

In India and Malaysia, consumers right is ranked higher than insurer.

It is up to you whether you want to push MAS.

I will push MAS to the wall to get an answer knowing what other jurisdiction do.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

insurer need to pay up and get back whatever payment made through their own insured customer.

But apparently, our garment has nurtured them to screw consumers and take the easier way out. 

We deserve it, dont we.

• Praise 1

Hi everyone, I am a new driver and panicked while parking at a HDB carpark in Hougang where I picked my friend up yesterday. I scratched the other's side and immediately got out to leave a note with my contact details and telling the driver that I will pay for all damages. I also apologised to the driver for all the damage and trouble caused. But he/she has not contacted me though my friend said the car is no longer in the car park. Can I ask why wouldn't the driver contact me? 

• Praise 1

Hi everyone, I am a new driver and panicked while parking at a HDB carpark in Hougang where I picked my friend up yesterday. I scratched the other's side and immediately got out to leave a note with my contact details and telling the driver that I will pay for all damages. I also apologised to the driver for all the damage and trouble caused. But he/she has not contacted me though my friend said the car is no longer in the car park. Can I ask why wouldn't the driver contact me?

If you’re lucky maybe the driver thinks is no big deal and can’t be bothered to chase u for a claim. Or maybe too busy.

Don’t worry, you have done your part to be responsible, the ball is now in the other party’s court.

Thank you Loki. I'm very worried because I feel terrible for causing trouble to the driver. So have been waiting by my phone. But he definitely needs to contact me to claim from his insurance isn't it? 

Nope, if he's planning to claim from his own insurance, then he doesn't need to contact you. But this will mean that he will have to pay more for insurance in future, so if he has other options, this is not ideal.

As for why he didn't contact you, other possibilities could be:

- the note you left, did not reach him (blown away, wet/faded, etc.)

- the damage was too minor for him to bother

- he's selling/scraping the car soon

- he doesn't know English

etc.

Thanks so much for the clarification on the insurance point. The scratches are definitely not minor and it is a new car. So I'm sure he is not scrapping it nor are the damages minor. I also secured the note using both windscreen wipers so I doubt it was blown away. My only worry is it rained and the note got wet and he cannot contact me. 

Can I trouble you all on the procedures after he contacts his insurance company? Does his insurance company need to contact me and if so, how will they find my details? Thank you all!

Thanks so much for the clarification on the insurance point. The scratches are definitely not minor and it is a new car. So I'm sure he is not scrapping it nor are the damages minor. I also secured the note using both windscreen wipers so I doubt it was blown away. My only worry is it rained and the note got wet and he cannot contact me.

Can I trouble you all on the procedures after he contacts his insurance company? Does his insurance company need to contact me and if so, how will they find my details? Thank you all!

If the damage is not minor, and if you don't want to pay out of your own pocket, you had better quickly report this to your own insurance company so that if it comes to that, he can claim against your policy and your insurance can pay for his repairs
  • Praise 1

You post in wrong thread, this thread is about hit and run but you didnt do that. Heh just kidding.

I think better report to your ins coy as record so you wont miss out the 24hours period. The rest just have to wait and see if the other owner contact you or make a claim thru ins coy. Bo bian since what done is done and no use worrying. Gd luck.

Thank you Loki and Xers007. I can't even report because I didn't even take a picture of the other car as my mind was just blank. I left after leaving the note. So with no car number, no picture of damage, how to report. Sigh, I think I must be the dumbest driver around. Thanks for all your advice. Appreciate it.

Wow.. n we place so much rigid standard on driving test n passing. Might as well allow parents to teach their children to drive like how they legalised it in United States n Australia. this will reduce the cost of getting a licence

Edited by Sdf4786k

Thank you Loki and Xers007. I can't even report because I didn't even take a picture of the other car as my mind was just blank. I left after leaving the note. So with no car number, no picture of damage, how to report. Sigh, I think I must be the dumbest driver around. Thanks for all your advice. Appreciate it.

What xers007 means is for you to report this incident to your insurer. No details of the other car nevermind, you need to do your part to report all that you know.

How's the damage on your car? Do you wish to claim own damage repair?

Do you have a car camera installed?

Review the video footage to determine the identity of the car that you've scratched

So far most of the accounts here seem to be minor cosmetic damages. What if the hit and run damage is more severe? Cannot continue driving that kind. Victim LL have to 1) pay out of pocket first, or 2) claim own ins and jeopardise NCD while hoping other party report their respective insurance?

Thanks @theoldjaffa for redirecting here from reckless driver thread. Very informative read.

• Praise 1

You are 1/10,000 [thumbsup]

hi all.

big thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread, reading up 26 pages was no easy feat, haha!

found myself to be victim of hit-and-run today, parked @ my place, check back dash (painful process) and managed to find said culprit.

given the info here, I'd file a police report to hopefully make the perpetrator "pay" while not claiming, been through due process of motor insurance claim (cmi), still unresolved till date, found it to be daunting and will avoid at all cost to be perfectly honest.

to TS and those who seek proper channel and relevant authorities to hopefully fix these issues in the long term, big KUDOS to y'all, I wanted to do that but found myself to be there in spirit but not the body.

2019 HUAT AH! 

• Praise 3

To owner of Lexus ES 250 SKT4194L who park at Paya Lebar Square on 06 Feb 2019... incident happen at about 6.12pm... ur car was hit and run by a Nissan QQ SKT7133C... pm me if u need the video... meanwhile I try to figure how to upload or any guru can guide me how to cuz it says my file too big... sorry I’m a noob in IT... MOD if I post in a wrong thread then pls delete it... tyvm

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11