Hit and Run at MSCP

Nutty

Barely 2 years has passed since I started this thread, and my car kena hit n run at a parallel parking lot.  [mad]

Luckily, I am observant and managed to retrieve video footage immediately. 

Fingers crossed my claim will be shun shun li li. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Barely 2 years has passed since I started this thread, and my car kena hit n run at a parallel parking lot. [mad]

Bro your car got put “Free Hit n Run” ?

Jokes a side, hows the damage? Got dents or holes?

Damn suay lor. I always park nice nice, but kena hit n run twice. 

The boot door dented. Don't think got holes, so no risk of rust (yet).

Bro your car got put “Free Hit n Run” ?

Jokes a side, hows the damage? Got dents or holes?

Barely 2 years has passed since I started this thread, and my car kena hit n run at a parallel parking lot.  [mad]

Change your car paint to bright yellow might help other drivers' visibility.

Damn suay lor. I always park nice nice, but kena hit n run twice.

The boot door dented. Don't think got holes, so no risk of rust (yet).

Did you park head in?

It's a parallel parking lot.

The culprit's hit my car rear while parking. 

Did you park head in?

It's an old uncle probably in his late 50s.

Who the culprit? Is it a chiobu xmm who just got license?

I was hit and run before but luckily is just a small scratch on the bumper. I went to the police and make a report in the end TP sent a letter inform they dun have evidence to proof if have info let them know. seriously useless as there are HDB cam all around. 

I was hit and run before but luckily is just a small scratch on the bumper. I went to the police and make a report in the end TP sent a letter inform they dun have evidence to proof if have info let them know. seriously useless as there are HDB cam all around.

You got the video recordings?

Updates to my hit-n-run case on 6 Aug.

I was informed by the repair workshop to send in my car next week for repair. Apparently, the culprit's insurer agreed that its client was at fault based on the video evidence.

Interesting, TP told me the hit-n-run case is still under investigation. No outcome yet. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Nutty
  • Praise 4

Kena hit and run in Nov 2019. I park head in and the other party scratches my car rear bumper and rear wheel arch. Unlike TS, I only found out few days later ... after much pondering, I manage to trace back the incident and even got the video recording from the building owner, as I went back and found a cctv directly where I park. They are kind to review and found the footage of the incident. With that, I lodge a police report. It is past 8 weeks and still not news from TP ... anyway I proceed to pay from own pocket to respray as cny is round the corner.

My question is whether can still  claim from the other party and how?  Do not intend to claim OD Nor  third party as it’s not practical for such small damage... is private settlement still possible? TIA

1 hour ago, Dreamcar75 said:

Kena hit and run in Nov 2019. I park head in and the other party scratches my car rear bumper and rear wheel arch. Unlike TS, I only found out few days later ... after much pondering, I manage to trace back the incident and even got the video recording from the building owner, as I went back and found a cctv directly where I park. They are kind to review and found the footage of the incident. With that, I lodge a police report. It is past 8 weeks and still not news from TP ... anyway I proceed to pay from own pocket to respray as cny is round the corner.

My question is whether can still  claim from the other party and how?  Do not intend to claim OD Nor  third party as it’s not practical for such small damage... is private settlement still possible? TIA

when I kena hit n run last time, I had my car cam evidence so went TP Ubi to make report on the same day. Also made accident damage report on that day. Fortunately the damage was minor and I could still drive the car.

Went to two workshops to seek advise on how to proceed and both said to wait for the outcome of the TP investigation if I want to claim against the other car.

After 3 wks, the TP IO emailed me to ask for a copy of the video.

After 4 months, I asked TP for an update and they said the other party was given a charge of reckless driving or something to that extent.

with this, I went back to the workshop to respray the damaged part and the wkshop claimed against the other car's insurer.

I noted that you paid for the respray. Did you notify the workshop that u intend to claim this against the other car? cos the other car's insurer will usually need to do a survey of the damage before agreeing to the cost of repairs.

Private settlement - how to settle in private when you don't have the other party's contact info?

9 hours ago, Dreamcar75 said:

You will need a lawyer to sue and get your money back.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:47 PM, JohnSHL said:

when I kena hit n run last time, I had my car cam evidence so went TP Ubi to make report on the same day. Also made accident damage report on that day. Fortunately the damage was minor and I could still drive the car.

Went to two workshops to seek advise on how to proceed and both said to wait for the outcome of the TP investigation if I want to claim against the other car.

After 3 wks, the TP IO emailed me to ask for a copy of the video.

After 4 months, I asked TP for an update and they said the other party was given a charge of reckless driving or something to that extent.

with this, I went back to the workshop to respray the damaged part and the wkshop claimed against the other car's insurer.

I noted that you paid for the respray. Did you notify the workshop that u intend to claim this against the other car? cos the other car's insurer will usually need to do a survey of the damage before agreeing to the cost of repairs.

Private settlement - how to settle in private when you don't have the other party's contact info?

Exactly, I find it takes too long to complete investigation before I can proceed to repair the unsightly damages. We, being victims of hit n run, hv to bear with the damage for months and so much inconvenience to make reports, meet surveyor, etc. End of the day, if claim is successful, we just got the damage repaired. I’m my case, it just cost a couple of hundreds. Can’t even claim time loss n other losses, eg paint protection, etc. This is ridiculous. 

Anyway, I will check with tp whether there is other way to make the other party pay beside claiming  insurance . If the guy did not report the accident within stipulated timeframe ie 24 hrs after accident, why his insurance coy still allow him to claim? Shouldn’t he pay from his pocket after police investigation if found liable?

2 hours ago, Dreamcar75 said:

Exactly, I find it takes too long to complete investigation before I can proceed to repair the unsightly damages. We, being victims of hit n run, hv to bear with the damage for months and so much inconvenience to make reports, meet surveyor, etc. End of the day, if claim is successful, we just got the damage repaired. I’m my case, it just cost a couple of hundreds. Can’t even claim time loss n other losses, eg paint protection, etc. This is ridiculous. 

Anyway, I will check with tp whether there is other way to make the other party pay beside claiming  insurance . If the guy did not report the accident within stipulated timeframe ie 24 hrs after accident, why his insurance coy still allow him to claim? Shouldn’t he pay from his pocket after police investigation if found liable?

that's why Adrianli said abv u need a lawyer to sue (civil suit) if you wish to get your money back. But for a few hundred dollars, you have to weigh the cost vs benefits.

TP is not interested in who pays for damages to private ppty.

I recently encounter a bruised rear bumper.

Upon checking my car cam, it's was a taxi which bruised my car while exiting the parallel lot behind me at my office carpark.

But the rear cam couldn't capture the number plate clearly.

I can however request my office building management to obtain entry and exit records based on the approx timing to narrow down the search.

Should I go and report to TP for hit and run?

26 minutes ago, Wildfaye29 said:

I recently encounter a bruised rear bumper.

Upon checking my car cam, it's was a taxi which bruised my car while exiting the parallel lot behind me at my office carpark.

But the rear cam couldn't capture the number plate clearly.

I can however request my office building management to obtain entry and exit records based on the approx timing to narrow down the search.

Should I go and report to TP for hit and run?

Do you want to have your car repaired?

↡ Advertisement