Hit and Run at MSCP

Nutty

23 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

The camera will consume the battery in both normal and parking mode. The camera is always powered even in parking mode. Just that it is not continuous recording in parking mode. Only record when motion or impact.

We are talking about two independent items here.

1 - Camera

2 - Battery

Same analogy for a Wifi router and your Computer. Both independent items but are connected. 

Yup, i don't use an external batt, and just leave the cam to shut down when batt falls below the set voltage.

Understand the two independent items. But if the batt is fully charge, and it states that useable time can be, let's say, 30 hr... Then this 30 hr is based on what assumption? If i park in a MSCP top level where there's very little human/vehicular traffic, so the motion detector will hardly be triggered to record in parking mode (this is called standby mode, right?), does it mean this can last for 30 hr, before the batt is flat too? 

Then if parked at let's say an open-air carpark near MRT/market, where every min also got people/car moving in front/behind, then it will trigger the parking mode recording almost continuously, then likely it will mean the batt will likely be used up faster, right? I mean, if my car pumped full tank, if i one pax drive on highway, likely can go 700 km. But if carries full 5 pax, and travel uban roads, then i'll be glad if i can stretch to 500 km. 

↡ Advertisement

31 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

All this information is available from Cellink app.  I got this battery after my previous battery died (4+ years usage) and review from @Adrianli

The battery is connect to ciggy charger.  Whenever the car is powered up, it will be charged.

oh, ok, so i'm learning from the sifu here...

had previously thought of getting the batt, but later feared it won't work in my case, cos of my travel/usage pattern... let's see if this will change...

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Yup, i don't use an external batt, and just leave the cam to shut down when batt falls below the set voltage.

Understand the two independent items. But if the batt is fully charge, and it states that useable time can be, let's say, 30 hr... Then this 30 hr is based on what assumption? If i park in a MSCP top level where there's very little human/vehicular traffic, so the motion detector will hardly be triggered to record in parking mode (this is called standby mode, right?), does it mean this can last for 30 hr, before the batt is flat too? 

Then if parked at let's say an open-air carpark near MRT/market, where every min also got people/car moving in front/behind, then it will trigger the parking mode recording almost continuously, then likely it will mean the batt will likely be used up faster, right? I mean, if my car pumped full tank, if i one pax drive on highway, likely can go 700 km. But if carries full 5 pax, and travel uban roads, then i'll be glad if i can stretch to 500 km. 

The battery usage indicator is an estimate of the camera battery consumption in the amount of amps drawn from the battery by the camera.

Let's say the camera will draw 1 amp from the battery in parking mode. The battery capacity is 1,000mah. Therefore the usage time is 1hr. 1 amp = 1,000 milli-amp. "mah" = milli-amp-hour. 

So the calculation is based on the manufacturer's estimate of amp drawn from the battery. If you connect 6 or 7 cameras to the battery, definitely the amp drawn will be more thus the usuage time will be decreased and different from the manufacturer's indicated time.

The amount of amp drawn by the camera in parking mode should be somewhat constant (negligible difference) as it is constantly recording regardless of any motion or impact. Only when motion and impact then write into the memory card.

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 2

32 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Charging time is indicated in the photo too. Just that the photo posted, the power to the battery is cut, thus showing 00:00. If it is powered, it will show the number of mins to full charge. It can be either hard wired to fuse box for faster charging or thru cig plug for slower charging.

Step more oil also no use as there is the fuse, thickness of the wire gauge and ability of the charger to accept more amps.

Same for your HP chargers. You connect to 220V for the charger. If you connect to 440V (aka step oil more), what will happen, you will know right? Kaboom. See magic smoke from genie.:D

ha ha ha... ok ok. I layman, only know last time drive old car, or rather young time saw my father drive old car, early morning crank engine like won't start, then once started, will step oil a bit...

then last time when batt flat, my mechanic came to jump start liao, also asked me to let batt charge with engine running for 30 min... also got stepped oil a bit now and then.

I have been tempted to try using the macbook usb-C charger to charge handphone, but never dared to try... guess i made the right choice, right? 😆

14 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Yes, I believe power consumption in parking mode is dependent on your camera and its settings for event logs, on top of the resolution settings, night mode, etc.

For most cameras, you can set the sensitivity of motion detection and for some, even the area of detection. 

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

ha ha ha... ok ok. I layman, only know last time drive old car, or rather young time saw my father drive old car, early morning crank engine like won't start, then once started, will step oil a bit...

then last time when batt flat, my mechanic came to jump start liao, also asked me to let batt charge with engine running for 30 min... also got stepped oil a bit now and then.

I have been tempted to try using the macbook usb-C charger to charge handphone, but never dared to try... guess i made the right choice, right? 😆

That is mechanical motion (engine) to electrical energy (alternator). Here we are talking about electrical energy (fuse box) to electrical energy (battery). 

As long as voltage and amp draw is same, can use.

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, iamahbee said:

Yes, I believe power consumption in parking mode is dependent on your camera and its settings for event logs, on top of the resolution settings, night mode, etc.

For most cameras, you can set the sensitivity of motion detection and for some, even the area of detection. 

Let me use an analogy of using your hp to watch a show. How much power is consumed when :

1) Watching a movie streaming

2) Playback a downloaded movie

The power consumption difference between the two activities are really negligible. You will not feel the difference on the amount of power consumed. The battery usage will be almost similar.

• Praise 2

My car cam is installed a few years ago draws power directly from battery so it is always on.  The cam has low voltage cutoff and so far my battery is ok, though I change battery every 12-18 months

Dunno why nowadays the cam's is only on when engine is running and need to get battery pack if we want parking mode. Is it because of different batteries used for engines with auto start-stop function?

2 minutes ago, Lotr said:

My car cam is installed a few years ago draws power directly from battery so it is always on.  The cam has low voltage cutoff and so far my battery is ok, though I change battery every 12-18 months

Dunno why nowadays the cam's is only on when engine is running and need to get battery pack if we want parking mode. Is it because of different batteries used for engines with auto start-stop function?

In modern cars, more of Conti cars, the ECU will sense the drop in battery voltage and will cut all unnecessary power. Thus battery pack is a go around solution. As the car gets smarter, you need new ways to go around it. More electronics = more headaches. Unless car manufacturer willing to produce bare bones cars now.

The car in the attached pix hit my rear bumper in a open air car park. Came down and gave me his hp number and verbalised that he will settle it amicably. Its also a PHV registered car. 

Texted him yesterday and no response till date. Just my luck to meet this kind of person with little or no integrity. 

Guys, you been warned of such audi. 

IMG_20201211_122335.jpg

• Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

The car in the attached pix hit my rear bumper in a open air car park. Came down and gave me his hp number and verbalised that he will settle it amicably. Its also a PHV registered car. 

Texted him yesterday and no response till date. Just my luck to meet this kind of person with little or no integrity. 

IMG_20201211_122335.jpg

https://www.wolero.com/

Make 3rd party claim lor.

If the insurer rejects, complain to MAS.

https://www.sgdi.gov.sg/ministries/pmo/statutory-boards/mas/departments/mdo

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Make 3rd party claim lor.

If the insurer rejects, complain to MAS.

https://www.sgdi.gov.sg/ministries/pmo/statutory-boards/mas/departments/mdo

It's a blemish on the bumper that cost no more than 200.

I rather suck it up than to go through the hustle. 

Next time I see any phv driver, it's cash on the spot. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Hamburger said:

It's a blemish on the bumper that cost no more than 200.

I rather suck it up than to go through the hustle. 

Next time I see any phv driver, it's cash on the spot. 

Cash on the spot and they will claim "aiyar Boss, I no have enough money right now! You see my wallet!"

And if they have more than $200 - they'll just cook up some sob story that they need the money to pay hospital bill to bring the old mother home.
You can't restrain them, and you can't call police unless someone's injured.

Just take picture of their NRIC and phone number - and CALL the phone number on the spot to make sure it's a valid phone number.
If the guy has multiple phones in their car, make sure to get every single number and call up your phone to get the number - they could have used a pre-paid number and dumped that number to you.

Otherwise, if want to hit them where it hurts - just file the claim and you will see them kneeling down begging not for you to burn their NCD premiums... 

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

5 hours ago, Hamburger said:

IMG_20201211_122335.jpg

Report to insurer stat.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Comage said:

Cash on the spot and they will claim "aiyar Boss, I no have enough money right now! You see my wallet!"

And if they have more than $200 - they'll just cook up some sob story that they need the money to pay hospital bill to bring the old mother home.
You can't restrain them, and you can't call police unless someone's injured.

Just take picture of their NRIC and phone number - and CALL the phone number on the spot to make sure it's a valid phone number.
If the guy has multiple phones in their car, make sure to get every single number and call up your phone to get the number - they could have used a pre-paid number and dumped that number to you.

Otherwise, if want to hit them where it hurts - just file the claim and you will see them kneeling down begging not for you to burn their NCD premiums... 

Taxi drivers the worst kind

Need some advices, as my car ganna hit n run yesterday evening when I was at the petrol kiosk in woodlands.  Went in to pay for the pump when a Honda trying to squeeze in between my car n other car to get behind to pump.  His side mirror scratches side of  my car n created a dent too.  The culprit actually came out of his car n take a look...

I hv in car cam video capturing his car plate n saw that there is a jerk to his car when the scratches n dent happened.  He then parked his car n Went to his side mirror to check n then drove off.

Reported to police for hit n run n to my insurer too.  Understood from my insurer that his insurer is income

May I know what is the chances of claiming against him...very sian.

↡ Advertisement