Hit and Run at MSCP

Nutty

4 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Bloody hel, when I went to the car this morning, I saw this...

IMG_20220704_065757.jpg

This one's easy to guess - someone pushed a bicycle past your car, and the pedals scratched your bumper. 

Touch up with paint is possible but you need to sand it down with 1000-grit, 1500/2000 grit and then 3000-grit sandpaper. Plus seal it in with ceramic costing or wax or clear coat. 

Which will easily take 2-3 days downtime if you DIY. I've done it before and you need to be prepared to go through a few rounds to achieve that near-showroom condition look. 

• Praise 3

Twincharged
37 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Don't touch up with paint!

You will hate the eventual result after touch up.  

Either don't wash the ride and let road dusk mask over or go for respray!😱

Trust me. 

use tooth pick and dab bit by bit. still better than seeing the bumper black.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Gnahp said:

do you have neighbour driving a van? 😁

A%20Ninja%20Van%20driver%20adding%20his%

No, both cars beside mine were passenger cars, but, in between the time when I parked and the time I went to take my car, I remembered the right side car had changed.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

No so bad after polishing.  Just touch up with a small brush (plastic won't rust) and wait for the next scratch.......[lipsrsealed]

(Mine was like that with self touch up) until someone hit my fender then I resprayed one shot.

As long as you park in public places can't avoid.  

Ya, I'll leave it as it is.

This is not the first time my ride got hit. There were several other instances with slight damages to the paint.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)
3 hours ago, Comage said:

This one's easy to guess - someone pushed a bicycle past your car, and the pedals scratched your bumper. 

Touch up with paint is possible but you need to sand it down with 1000-grit, 1500/2000 grit and then 3000-grit sandpaper. Plus seal it in with ceramic costing or wax or clear coat. 

Which will easily take 2-3 days downtime if you DIY. I've done it before and you need to be prepared to go through a few rounds to achieve that near-showroom condition look. 

Not likely someone pushed a bicycle as there is no passage or short cut at the back. It was a wall with overhanging mesh overhead.

I'll leave it like that as it has other dings as well.🙂

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 2

9 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Not likely someone pushed a bicycle as there is no passage or short cut at the back. It was a wall with overhanging mesh overhead.

I'll leave it like that as it has other dings as well.🙂

Well sometimes I take a "prop" - like a bag of groceries of specifically canned food only, or maybe a bicycle sounds legit too, and walk past a car whose owner I have a beef with. 

It causes a bad ding, and it's totally legit (ie nothing you can do even if you have video evidence) - I learnt this trick when I once saw an elderly woman with such a bag of canned food cause bad scratches plus a ding to a car when she "suddenly felt dizzy just when she walked past a parked car and had to lean on the car for support". 

Sometimes I also accidentally drop my coin underneath a car and I have to spend minutes reaching into the undercarriage to retrieve it... Totally legit too!

When you can't explain why there's damage at a particular spot, then follow Occam's razor - it's deliberate. 

• Sad 1

Supersonic
15 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Ya, I'll leave it as it is.

This is not the first time my ride got hit. There were several other instances with slight damages to the paint.

For those minor scratches and dings, difficult to avoid la. Hard to find a car with no scratches and dings on car body de. Sure to find one or two.

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, 13177 said:

For those minor scratches and dings, difficult to avoid la. Hard to find a car with no scratches and dings on car body de. Sure to find one or two.

@RadX begs to differ😁

• Haha! 1

52 minutes ago, 13177 said:

come see my car....flawless hahaha

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
7 minutes ago, RadX said:

Only you meh, mine also flawless leh. haha

24 minutes ago, RadX said:

Showroom condition...dealer will still lowball nonetheless

@Soyawill attest to that 😁

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
6 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Showroom condition...dealer will still lowball nonetheless

@Soyawill attest to that 😁

SOP la

When wanna trade in, dealer will say no demand, buyers prefer other models, market price is liddat that's why low, blah blah blah

When wanna buy, dealer will say this very popular model, buyers came to see n now just checking w wife so u better grab now, market price is liddat that's why high, blah blah blah 

Onli MCF car dealer honest. Will give trade in booster or OT discount if u bring his MIL for karaoke night 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2