Hit and Run at MSCP

Nutty

I see. Learnt something today. 

He can buy a copy of your accident reporting from GIA. All your info in your accident reporting form is there.

Then do a property search.

Tada. He can find u. And you can find him too.

I doubt he/she knows who I am or what's my car plate number.

Will his insurer divulge such information to him?

Coz I was not provided with the culprit's name, address or contact number by TP or his Insurer.

When she knocked you, she'd have known what car and car plate number already.

Anyway, I don't think anything bad will happen. This is Singapore.

When she knocked you, she'd have known what car and car plate number already.

Anyway, I don't think anything bad will happen. This is Singapore.

I think there was a vandalism case mentioned in MCF.

I think there was a vandalism case mentioned in MCF.

Vandalism can result in caning, right?

Hope that's a sufficient deterrent, although I know Woman and Old Men are exempted :(

Hope that's a sufficient deterrent, although I know Woman and Old Men are exempted :(

The vandal was not charged.

IO said civil case.

Twincharged

Seems like in sg if only a few cars targetted, the worst case is charged with mischief only. Most of the time become civil case... Same thing happened for my block where there was one guy who scratched many cars in the neighborhood for not parking straight. They got him, but in the end he keep denying and nothing done. 

Looks like the CCTV in MSCP is for show only huh?  :pissed-off:

Seems like in sg if only a few cars targetted, the worst case is charged with mischief only. Most of the time become civil case... Same thing happened for my block where there was one guy who scratched many cars in the neighborhood for not parking straight. They got him, but in the end he keep denying and nothing done. 

• Praise 1

Anyway, MAS replied to my feedback yesterday. contents are quite similar to Nutty's. They said they will feedback to AXA.

This afternoon, Borneo Motors called me to inform that AXA will be arranging for their surveyor to see my car. They will let me know the date and time later.

Hope my case can be settled soon.

• Praise 4

Twincharged

Looks like the CCTV in MSCP is for show only huh?  :pissed-off:

It wasn't MSCP so no CCTV at first. But when some made police reports, they installed some temporary cameras around aiming at the carpark. But apparantly not clear enough to show him scratching the car? Since they let him off after he kept denying.

Anyway, MAS replied to my feedback yesterday. contents are quite similar to Nutty's. They said they will feedback to AXA.

This afternoon, Borneo Motors called me to inform that AXA will be arranging for their surveyor to see my car. They will let me know the date and time later.

Hope my case can be settled soon.

Congrats bro. Looks like your persistence paid off too :)

Congrats bro. Looks like your persistence paid off too :)

Thanks bro. Unfortunately there's a twist.

BM just called me. He said he received a subsequent email from AXA.

AXA said they are not sure if the insured was under them. Therefore they can't send down their surveyor to see my car.

I asked if the culprit has made a report, he said AXA doesn't want to tell him.

I'm so pissed right now. Just wrote another email to MAS.

AXA must be the most f**ked up insurer I've come across.

I asked BM if they can send lawyer letter. BM say they don't practice that.

Looks like I have to use outside workshop again.

Really a f**ked up experience.

Thanks bro. Unfortunately there's a twist.

BM just called me. He said he received a subsequent email from AXA.

AXA said they are not sure if the insured was under them. Therefore they can't send down their surveyor to see my car.

I asked if the culprit has made a report, he said AXA doesn't want to tell him.

I'm so pissed right now. Just wrote another email to MAS.

AXA must be the most f**ked up insurer I've come across.

I asked BM if they can send lawyer letter. BM say they don't practice that.

Looks like I have to use outside workshop again.

Really a f**ked up experience.

Bro, sorry about the fxxked up experience.

I told you previously that there could be a gap between expiry of previous policy and commencement of current policy.

What AXA is disputing is that the accident happens in this gap.

If there is a gap, you need to make police report saying that culprit drives without valid insurance.

You only choice is civil case.

• Praise 1

Bro, sorry about the fxxked up experience.

I told you previously that there could be a gap between expiry of previous policy and commencement of current policy.

What AXA is disputing is that the accident happens in this gap.

If there is a gap, you need to make police report saying that culprit drives without valid insurance.

You only choice is civil case.

Cos BM will change bumper and fender for me at a price that will punish the offender, but they won't send lawyer letter and it will take time.

3rd party workshop, good ones, will settle fast but they only knock back my fender and repair the bumper. Not sure if can restore back to 99% alignment or not.

I will wait for a few more days for MAS or AXA to reply. Last resort I'll just use the 3rd party workshop, which is the different one from my first engagement, to move on.

Cos BM will change bumper and fender for me at a price that will punish the offender, but they won't send lawyer letter and it will take time.

3rd party workshop, good ones, will settle fast but they only knock back my fender and repair the bumper. Not sure if can restore back to 99% alignment or not.

I will wait for a few more days for MAS or AXA to reply. Last resort I'll just use the 3rd party workshop, which is the different one from my first engagement, to move on.

Will the 3rd party workshop send lawyer letter to the other party?

• Praise 1

Vandalism applies to public property if I’m not wrong.. vehicles under act of mischief

I was involved in a parking hit last year.. but I didn’t run..

Reversed into a Altis.. dent the bumper a little bit my rear bumper totally ok. Left a note and nobody contacted me whole day.

Next day then kayu owner called.. note on his windscreen for more than 24 hours he Heng never rain and the handwriting never smudge.

Paid him $400.. he told me workshop say $$300 for repair and $100 for his loss of use for 1 day.. I think fair enough..drove down to his workshop and apologise for causing him inconvenience and case closed.

Anyway the Altis no camera

Edited by Chucky2007
  • Praise 15