Hit and Run at MSCP

Nutty

Last time I also reported a hit and run at the car park to the police.

Many months later, received a reply from the police that they have investigated the case and has noticed the other driver.

End of story...

How come insurance company didn't claim from the other party?

↡ Advertisement

Huh? That's it?  [:(]

Did you manage to claim that bugger's insurance?

Last time I also reported a hit and run at the car park to the police.

Many months later, received a reply from the police that they have investigated the case and has noticed the other driver.

End of story...

Nutty, Do your own damaged claim to fix back you bumper first. After that ask your insurance company to claim back from other party( provided you have clear video footage that show that the other driver hit yr car). If you have clear evidence, your insurance will send a lawyer to other driver insurance company, since the other driver did not make report within 24 hrs, the other party insurance will not help the other driver paid. then yr insurance will go against the driver directly. 

My case of hit and run. 

Report to my insurance. Do my own damage claim to get it repair first.u cannot do 3rd party claim since the other driver did not make report, as 3rd party claim the other insurance surveyor need to come to survey the condition

Concurrenlty, TP IO investigation. Check with my insurance if they received the video footage and they assure me, my NCD will not be affected.

1-1.5months later, Received TP letter stated that the other driver who hit and run received 4 demerit points 

Edited by sonic_kp
  • Praise 5

Sweet. Thanks for sharing.

My bumper damage is not jialat. Can still drive.

I will wait for the IO investigation to complete and let the lawyer do the job.

Nutty, Do your own damaged claim to fix back you bumper first. After that ask your insurance company to claim back from other party( provided you have clear video footage that show that the other driver hit yr car). If you have clear evidence, your insurance will send a lawyer to other driver insurance company, since the other driver did not make report within 24 hrs, the other party insurance will not help the other driver paid. then yr insurance will go against the driver directly. 

My case of hit and run. 

Report to my insurance. Do my own damage claim to get it repair first.u cannot do 3rd party claim since the other driver did not make report, as 3rd party claim the other insurance surveyor need to come to survey the condition

Concurrenlty, TP IO investigation. Check with my insurance if they received the video footage and they assure me, my NCD will not be affected.

1-1.5months later, Received TP letter stated that the other driver who hit and run received 4 demerit points 

My case of hit and run.

Yup I also experienced hit and run when I parked at a public carpark. My process was the same as bro sonic. Sometimes such hit and run are unintentional I feel (at least for my case) based on the video. Mine is a lady driver and she drove off without stopping a sec (for normal behaviour, you would stop and check sensing you hit something) hence it gave me the impression that she was totally unaware of it.
  • Praise 1

In my case, she was reversing into the lot next to me. Hit my bumper and drove off immediately and parked at another level.

To me, it's intentional. Coz obviously she felt the bump and couldn't reverse anymore.  [laugh]

It's quite annoying for investigations to take that long when all evidence are provided. 

Yup I also experienced hit and run when I parked at a public carpark. My process was the same as bro sonic. Sometimes such hit and run are unintentional I feel (at least for my case) based on the video. Mine is a lady driver and she drove off without stopping a sec (for normal behaviour, you would stop and check sensing you hit something) hence it gave me the impression that she was totally unaware of it.

In my case, she was reversing into the lot next to me. Hit my bumper and drove off immediately and parked at another level.

To me, it's intentional. Coz obviously she felt the bump and couldn't reverse anymore.  [laugh]

It's quite annoying for investigations to take that long when all evidence are provided. 

agreed with you, cannot be cannot feel the bump, she not driving big lorry, she just scared her face being captured by your car camera and kana posted on social media. i think you should post the video on fb to force her own up LOL....seriously these ppl got no sense of responsibility and needed to be taught a lesson...

agreed with you, cannot be cannot feel the bump, she not driving big lorry, she just scared her face being captured by your car camera and kana posted on social media. i think you should post the video on fb to force her own up LOL....seriously these ppl got no sense of responsibility and needed to be taught a lesson...

I agree with you, moment like this it is when platform such as stomp is useful

How come insurance company didn't claim from the other party?

Because I didn't poh insurance...

For such minor damage poh already also need to fork out own money to repair.

What I am trying to say is poh mata also no use for your case.

They will give you a standard answer after some time to close the case.

I would rather pay to fix the problem than poh insurance to give them any excuse to increase my premium.

I have 2 encounters that the insurance company increased my premium for an accident that I was totally not at fault and another case when I claimed to replace a windshield. :pissed-off:

Mine is minor damage. I can pay from my own pocket to repair if needed.

But I wanted to give that lady a lesson. So I report insurance and police.

It has been almost one month but investigation is still ongoing. 

Guessed it's given low priority as no one died from the accident. :wacko:

What I am trying to say is poh mata also no use for your case.

They will give you a standard answer after some time to close the case.

I would rather pay to fix the problem than poh insurance to give them any excuse to increase my premium.

I have 2 encounters that the insurance company increased my premium for an accident that I was totally not at fault and another case when I claimed to replace a windshield. :pissed-off:

Not true. Got Poh Got Chance mah.  [laugh]

If *touch wood* I cannot claim other party, LLST pay from my own pocket lo. Premium/NCD not affected.

Because I didn't poh insurance...

For such minor damage poh already also need to fork out own money to repair.

If *touch wood* I cannot claim other party, LLST pay from my own pocket lo. Premium/NCD not affected.

Any updates?

Any updates?

Still pending investigation.

Last email from TP mentioned that "I will be updated in due course".

If you got witness to testify, they will want to faster close case. That's what one of the IO told me before.

Just to add my comments about this Hit and Run + Kind hearted uncles (or aunties)....

Many years ago, my friend also kanna such case but his was the reverse. He was accused by someone of being the offender.

Apparently, some "kind-hearted" soul left a note on the victim's car and said that my friends car number, for example, ABC 1234 D was the offender.

Police called him up for interview but we all knew it was wrong because we were all working in Batam on that day and time, and the car was parked at World Trade Centre open air carpark.

For those of you who remember, you only need to tear 3 hour coupons and it will be considered as full day parking at this carpark. It was the cheapest long term parking in Singapore at that time.

So my friend brought the carpark coupons and his passport as proof of his innocence but the bloody lazy police said the coupons prove nothing and maybe someone else drove his car (like his wife for example).

To make matters worse, the note stated the car number was ABC 1234 D but my friend's car number was ABC 1234 E. So it was not a perfect match. But heck, the police was bloody lazy and ignored him. Told him that he better own up if not they will add more charges (as if they can.... hahahaha).

My friend argued till the cows come home and eventually, the cows really did come home.....the police actually gave up!

Apparently, if he does not own up, and there is no clear evidence (such as clear video footage), the Police LanLan cannot do anything. And I don't think the police can suka suka add more charges to create imaginary additional offences.

So while I sympathise with those who kanna victimised, I also understand the feeling of being accused of a crime we did not commit.

If you committed the offence, do the right thing and admit it to the victim. Pay money only. Money lost can be earned back.

But if you DID NOT commit the offence - do not admit to anything. No reason why you need to take the responsibility for something you did not do.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5