Electrician lobang?

dcb

Wah $40 for each ceiling lights changed seems rather expensive. However good guideline bro @Jman888

recently i changed lights for my home, $40 for first light subsequent lights are only $9

changed total 10 lights... so it shouldn’t be $40 for each

but the electrician i wouldn’t recommend, young malaysians with shoddy workmanship engaged by light company i bought from

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yeah, but it'll cost an arm and 2 legs!

Should be plug and play. Look at yourT5 lamp fitting. If its 2 hole power socket, just get back 2 hole ones

LED T5 usually is whole fitting, not tube

Actually is simple enough to DIY. Of cos I'm slightly exposed to the industry... Haha

Different socket. Tried to change on my own and short circuited one T5 bulb.
  • Praise 2

Problem with this industry or A/C, plumbing etc... Many carry huge knives. And dishonest.

The thing is many ppl dunno how to contact the handyman in their neighbourhood. If you live in Clementi and contact some electrician from Bedok of course the trip itself is going to cost you. If he's just from your neighbourhood whereby he can just walk to your unit the trip will not cost so much.

All they have to do is call their neighbourhood town council and ask for an electrician contact in your nearby area. Ask for a few. Make phone calls and ask for a quote. Of course if he needs to make the trip down to look at the layout before giving you the quote. Don't expect per trip is free.

• Praise 1

The thing is many ppl dunno how to contact the handyman in their neighbourhood. If you live in Clementi and contact some electrician from Bedok of course the trip itself is going to cost you. If he's just from your neighbourhood whereby he can just walk to your unit the trip will not cost so much.

All they have to do is call their neighbourhood town council and ask for an electrician contact in your nearby area. Ask for a few. Make phone calls and ask for a quote. Of course if he needs to make the trip down to look at the layout before giving you the quote. Don't expect per trip is free.

Yup. On some TCs websites, the cost of work done for common jobs are even published.

But prices only applicable to HDB flats hor, stay condo or landed must expect Silver and Gold member prices :D

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Right now the electrician is at my place replacing the T5 LED bulbs for me. Very polite and good workmanship. Oh, charges is also very good. Thanks to @Othello for introducing.

• Praise 1

Right now the electrician is at my place replacing the T5 LED bulbs for me. Very polite and good workmanship. Oh, charges is also very good. Thanks to @Othello for introducing.

glad I can help. For many homeowners, such minor works are usually at the mercy of contractors. So got good lobang must share ... 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

glad I can help. For many homeowners, such minor works are usually at the mercy of contractors. So got good lobang must share ...

When James is back, will go visit him and also smoke with ya

I wana check if electrician is able to relocate my router. Currently, the router and fibre point is located next to the door inside the utility cabinet. The master bedroom not able to get WiFi signal.

So using a Wi-Fi extender in master bedroom but signal strength is a bit weak.

Need to relocate my router to the middle of the flat so whole flat got strong Wi-Fi signal. Refer to drawing. Red dot is current location and blue dot is disired location.

post-2654-0-13105300-1513828677_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

I wana check if electrician is able to relocate my router. Currently, the router and fibre point is located next to the door inside the utility cabinet. The master bedroom not able to get WiFi signal.

Need to relocate my router to the middle of the flat so whole flat got strong Wi-Fi signal. Refer to drawing. Red dot is current location and blue dot is disired location.

HDB 5 room floor plan.jpg

This can surely be done but whether or not you have to do wiring for the whole place or just from your current phone socket depends on how new your flat is.

The phone lines in newer hdb flats (think 10 years is okay) should already have Ethernet cables being used for the phone lines. You just need to change the connection (can diy easily).

• Praise 1

Anyone can share the estimated cost of providing and installing a 2 gang outdoor waterproof socket? IP66 classed.

Fellow is quoting me 130 bucks which I don't feel is reasonable. There's no additional transport cost involved because this is an optional quote on top of some of the more firm jobs I am giving him at the same time. Quote for those other jobs appear reasonable.

attachicon.gifHDB 5 room floor plan.jpg

Wah, your house use reinforced concrete ah  [laugh]

An easier way is to just run network cable to your desired location, so just need to relocate router and not the TP. Got false ceiling or L box? If not, then have to run trunking. Some homeowners don't like though

Anyone can share the estimated cost of providing and installing a 2 gang outdoor waterproof socket? IP66 classed.

Fellow is quoting me 130 bucks which I don't feel is reasonable. There's no additional transport cost involved because this is an optional quote on top of some of the more firm jobs I am giving him at the same time. Quote for those other jobs appear reasonable.

Ok, part probably costs $60 - $80. 

You are right, if standalone job price is ok, but this is add on.  But price not say exhorbitant also. However, this is how many contractors charge. Try to bargain a bit lor

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

Wah, your house use reinforced concrete ah [laugh]

An easier way is to just run network cable to your desired location, so just need to relocate router and not the TP. Got false ceiling or L box? If not, then have to run trunking. Some homeowners don't like though

Yes. I wana run network cables from the desired location back to the fibre point. The router is provided by Singtel and there is a port for mio tv. So got to run a few network cables.

Yes. Have L box all round the ceiling. No false ceiling.

Inside the cabinet is also a network distribution box throughout the whole house.

Bro - go Challenger buy a Pair of Home plug will do.. cheap and good and fast.

Used powerline plug before. Starhub technician came and say the power plug signal is disruptive to my neighbours. They switched off my HD signals till i compile with them not to use home plug next to their set top box.

Yes. I wana run network cables from the desired location back to the fibre point. The router is provided by Singtel and there is a port for mio tv. So got to run a few network cables.

Yes. Have L box all round the ceiling. No false ceiling.

Inside the cabinet is also a network distribution box throughout the whole house.

Like I said, most likely don't need to do that. Go check if your telephone lines are actually network cables or not first. I have most of the DIY tools you'd need to get it done if you wanna DIY (gotta find them from my storeroom first).

• Praise 1

Used powerline plug before. Starhub technician came and say the power plug signal is disruptive to my neighbours. They switched off my HD signals till i compile with them not to use home plug next to their set top box.

Just turn it on again when they leave and don't let them come in next time.  :D

↡ Advertisement