Electrician lobang?

dcb

Thanks for all the replies; my LED was installed by developer and getting the designated electrician would cost me an arm and leg; hoping to âoutsourceâ the repair to an external electrician

Yes. I agree with the others with you taking a picture to show us.

Sometimes it’s cheaper to just change the led altogether instead of sourcing for the driver.

I re-run my cove lights from olden days fluorescent tubes to led type which I ordered online and it didn’t cost me an arm or leg.

• Praise 1

Yes. I agree with the others with you taking a picture to show us.

Sometimes itâs cheaper to just change the led altogether instead of sourcing for the driver.

I re-run my cove lights from olden days fluorescent tubes to led type which I ordered online and it didnât cost me an arm or leg.

Haha.... so steady

Haha.... so steady ðð... unfortunately my situation is a bit tricky cos to get above the false ceiling to access the LED driver, the ceiling quite high up.... old man already ð

Thanks for all the advice.... Will check for Meanwell on the net and have a go at it; thank you ð

The intention was never to boast.

But many a time, most of us have found out the hard and expensive way when we call someone to do a ‘simple’ job.

U could actually be charged $200 for an item which actually costs $20 and could actually get online or at sim lim tower.

And after my $120 toilet choke lesson, I’m quite determined to try to figure out any problem myself first before I give up and hand over to the ‘professionals’.

• Praise 2

Yeah. Some 3 gang 2 way, 2 gang 2 way and some 2 and 3 gang 1 way switches.

What’s the price for changing one? Or it’s a lump sum quotation?
  • Praise 1

I paid him $50. He changed for me  4x 2 gang 2 way, 1x 2 gang 1 way, 2x 1 gang 1 way, 1x 3 gang 1 way, 1x 3 gang 2 way 

What’s the price for changing one? Or it’s a lump sum quotation?

I paid him $50. He changed for me 4x 2 gang 2 way, 1x 2 gang 1 way, 2x 1 gang 1 way, 1x 3 gang 1 way, 1x 3 gang 2 way

$50 for changing all these?

Twincharged

Yup.

Very reasonable. Probably took 30mins. It’s not difficult to diy also. Such switches are cheap from choo Chiang marketing.

Supercharged

Yup.

able to share his contact?

sorry to ask, electrician knows/can ceiling light and kitchen faucet?

I paid him $50. He changed for me  4x 2 gang 2 way, 1x 2 gang 1 way, 2x 1 gang 1 way, 1x 3 gang 1 way, 1x 3 gang 2 way 

Cheap even by NTUC standard. The electrician time and transport already cost a few dollars. 

Recently, I found a electrician who charged labour and 3 (1 x 3 gang 1 way, 1 2 gang 1 way and 2 gang 2 way) wall switches including parts for $80 at a colleague's HDB flat but the same electrician charge $50 per switch (labour and parts) for condo's.

I find this kind of pricing a bit rich for me.

Many staying in HDB are many times richer than those staying in condo. Look at T2 staying in CCK HDB is richer than 95% of those here in MCF. His asset probably more than the combine asset of 60% of members here.

• Praise 2

$50 is really cheap

Can give contact? Thanks a lot man!

Will PM ya.

It’s easy to DIY but I do not have the electrical wires. I bought the switches on my own.

Very reasonable. Probably took 30mins. It’s not difficult to diy also. Such switches are cheap from choo Chiang marketing.

My parts alone cost me $30. So I paid the same price as your electrician

Cheap even by NTUC standard. The electrician time and transport already cost a few dollars.

Recently, I found a electrician who charged labour and 3 (1 x 3 gang 1 way, 1 2 gang 1 way and 2 gang 2 way) wall switches including parts for $80 at a colleague's HDB flat but the same electrician charge $50 per switch (labour and parts) for condo's.

I find this kind of pricing a bit rich for me.

Many staying in HDB are many times richer than those staying in condo. Look at T2 staying in CCK HDB is richer than 95% of those here in MCF. His asset probably more than the combine asset of 60% of members here.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1