Electrician lobang?

dcb

I bought a new tv. Now i turn on or off any electric switch in the house, the tv screen flickers. I then connect the tv plug to a surge protector but it is still the same.

The previous tv no such issue. Anyone knows whats wrong?

Twincharged

I bought a new tv. Now i turn on or off any electric switch in the house, the tv screen flickers. I then connect the tv plug to a surge protector but it is still the same.

The previous tv no such issue. Anyone knows whats wrong?

what tv ?? maybe you can try using ferrites ?

even my cheap Hisense LED TV also don't have such issues.

what tv ?? maybe you can try using ferrites ?

even my cheap Hisense LED TV also don't have such issues.

Philips.

Ferrites on AC powerline. That is weird. Only heard of using ferrites on AV signal cables.

Twincharged

Philips.

Ferrites on AC powerline. That is weird. Only heard of using ferrites on AV signal cables.

modern tv still got interference also weird ... anything is possible.

I also bought a 32" Philips LED for my room ... $210 type ... just plug in the digital antenna and clear with no problems.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Utilities (electricity, water) break down at the time when you need them most.  Recently, on a Saturday night at 10:30pm the electricity suddenly went off. The main circuit breaker just refused to work even after several attempts to restore it. Ended up had to call an electrician and was charged $100 (labour) +$120 (switch components) = $220 to get electricity and lights back.  Things like these do happen and how I wished I had a neighbor who could help at a fraction of that cost.

Do you have any recommendations for the following 24-hr emergency services, especially in the Bukit Batok neighborhood?

1. Locksmith
  2. Plumber ( in case pipe burst, toilet choke)
  3. Electrician

Thanks.

Edited by Albeniz

Can look for Uncle James @ ‭9459 1839‬

Plumber and PUB licensed electrician combo..

Calm and professional personified

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I looking for electrician to do my MIL water heater.

Inexperience and shoddy workmanship also OK.

I don't mind paying more.

When it comes to important things like this I don't save money.

:D

Utilities (electricity, water) break down at the time when you need them most.  Recently, on a Saturday night at 10:30pm the electricity suddenly went off. The main circuit breaker just refused to work even after several attempts to restore it. Ended up had to call an electrician and was charged $100 (labour) +$120 (switch components) = $220 to get electricity and lights back.  Things like these do happen and how I wished I had a neighbor who could help at a fraction of that cost.

Do you have any recommendations for the following 24-hr emergency services, especially in the Bukit Batok neighborhood?

1. Locksmith
  3. Electrician

Thanks.

even have neighbour who can help, he may not have the parts  :D

this type of money is bo bian one. After office hours sure kenna ketok. I'm fine with them charging a After Office Hours charge, I'm just not ok with them marking up the parts exorbitantly. 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Utilities (electricity, water) break down at the time when you need them most. Recently, on a Saturday night at 10:30pm the electricity suddenly went off. The main circuit breaker just refused to work even after several attempts to restore it. Ended up had to call an electrician and was charged $100 (labour) +$120 (switch components) = $220 to get electricity and lights back. Things like these do happen and how I wished I had a neighbor who could help at a fraction of that cost.

• Locksmith
  • Plumber ( in case pipe burst, toilet choke)
  • Electrician
Thanks.
10+ pm leh bro. Fraction of the cost? I think it's quite ok considering the time of day.

The last time my food processor tripped my circuit breaker and something spoilt inside. The uncle charged me below hundred but that's like sat am. But even he himself say that it's cos u heng, if u change out the entire part/circuit instead of the component, the part alone cost 100+.

In the end, what was the problem ? A faulty lighting or appliance in the circuit ? Or the circuit breaker itself (rarely) ? Next time you make sure to turn off everything first, before turning circuit breaker back ON. After that, test each light and appliance one by one to see which one is faulty. For old houses, if it could even be due to a leaked water pipe.

Yeah .. in the age of robotics and automation, many consultative jobs will be replaced including salesmen, agents, lawyers and doctors. But plumbers, electrician will most likely still be needed. Unless they design and build a Doraemon.

No sometimes it's the tripping that caused the circuit breaker to malfunction. Happen to me also. Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

The appliance not using fused plug ?

Three pin locally bought. Should have fuse bah. I dunno what happened also.

Just suddenly burning smell then tripped the circuit breaker then can't reset it again.

No investigation. Cheap product just throw haha.

I think it's this electrician. I must have gotten it from this thread also.

Ronny

9 6 7 4 9 1 0 1

Edited by Lala81

1. Locksmith
  3. Electrician

Thanks.

But things like main circuit breaker is very reliable. Usually things that give problems are the gadgets appliances that we use.

What I usually do is isolation. If ever there's trip I would go around the house and switch off everything at the power point. Turn the main breaker back on. Go switch back on everything one by one until the one which is causing the breaker to trip. That will usually be the faulty gadget or appliance.

My own know-how is cheaper then calling those ppl above. It's not difficult to solve the problems at home. You just need to find out how to do it and learn to do it on your own.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

But things like main circuit breaker is very reliable. Usually things that give problems are the gadgets appliances that we use.

What I usually do is isolation. If ever there's trip I would go around the house and switch off everything at the power point. Turn the main breaker back on. Go switch back on everything one by one until the one which is causing the breaker to trip. That will usually be the faulty gadget or appliance.

My own know-how is cheaper then calling those ppl above. It's not difficult to solve the problems at home. You just need to find out how to do it and learn to do it on your own.

I have tried what you mentioned. Found out later that the problem was with the main circuit breaker and parts needed to be changed there.

The electrician was called in as a last resort.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

I have tried what you mentioned. Found out later that the problem was with the main circuit breaker and parts needed to be changed there.

Haha its liddat one. Everyone think circuit breaker can't spoil one.

Even until electrician come down and confirm, then I convinced circuit breaker was spoil.

All this isolation is any guy also know one lah....

Main circuit breaker is the one in the Consumer Unit box or outside ? (Assuming is HDB)

Hypersonic

They are generally quite reliable. When they break it could be due to something else in the circuit got problem. It's like fever is normal but fever never come down could be due to something else.

Yeah I think maybe hundred times trip. Maybe 1-2 percent chance the circuit inside koyak haha.

The electrician also make sure over the phone u try isolation before. He wants to avoid a situation u call him down then halfway cancel cos the homeowner is a blur cock haha

↡ Advertisement