Electrician lobang?

dcb

Side-track a bit. What are the courses and exams one must take before he can become a qualified electrician (LEW)? How long is the course duration and how much is the course fee?

LEW is considered quite big F liao. Courses and exams have, the tough part is experience. Iirc, before you take exam, needs 2 years exp.

You can search for the courses. ITE and BCA

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Nowadays I hear a lot of people buy cheap portable induction cooker from China ..... 3500W, say can cook very fast. But then, in China, they have two types 10A and 16A socket, 3500W plug into 16A. Here, our sockets are 13A. Portable induction cooker sold in SG are mostly 2000W+ ..

Want high power one, better buy a proper induction hob, more powerful than 3500W and get electrician to wire separately.

What kinda socket is the 16a type. I only see the regular two pin usa style plug before.

Normal induction cooker local one already quite fast Liao at max setting.

Hypersonic

Portable ones in SG, I see only up to 2100W. I got induction cooker hob, not portable type, rated much higher power and wired directly to 20A switch then 20A CB, not wall socket.

This one is China 3-pin plug, cannot use in USA.

Ya, my portable induction cooker only 2000W. I feel it's fast enough to boil for steam boat. 

Can look for Uncle James @ ‭9459 1839‬

Plumber and PUB licensed electrician combo..

Calm and professional personified

even have neighbour who can help, he may not have the parts  :D

this type of money is bo bian one. After office hours sure kenna ketok. I'm fine with them charging a After Office Hours charge, I'm just not ok with them marking up the parts exorbitantly. 

Agree, was charged $550 for replacement of ELCB x 1, MCB x 2, toilet LED light x1 and wiring checking which i think is very expensive albeit it was performed in the early hrs of a saturday around 6am......

A few months ago one of my above ceiling heaters stopped working, the problem was the heater has a two way switch between two different floors, I got my electrician friend to trace for nearly 2 hours to realise that it was a blown switch. He charged me $80 for part and labor, I gave him $100 and said balance buy him kopi. At times of need, money may not be able to buy an immediate solution.

Lol...quite a lengthy time taken, alot of time, we tend to neglect the simplest way to troubleshoot  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Is he doing 24/7?

Pricing reasonable and can issue receipts (registered with acra)?

I’m not him..

Details all here.. pls use fingers.. n talk .... to him..

• Praise 3

I’m not him..

Details all here.. pls use fingers.. n talk .... to him..

ok thanks bro...

Supersonic
(edited)

Agree, was charged $550 for replacement of ELCB x 1, MCB x 2, toilet LED light x1 and wiring checking which i think is very expensive albeit it was performed in the early hrs of a saturday around 6am......

Lol...quite a lengthy time taken, alot of time, we tend to neglect the simplest way to troubleshoot [laugh]

Yah lah, hindsight I also become like smarter.

You spent $550 for so many things consider damn good deal already, Just a few months ago my main gate kaput, I called a guy in and he replaced the PCB in the motor housing and charged me for $550. Next time I will go buy a PCB and have it replaced myself. Painful man.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

me used hdb term contractor more ex [knife]

first time replacing 1 heater ceiling rose paid 120 [shakehead]

second time replacing of 1 way 1 gang switch 80  [sweatdrop]

third time I buy 1 switch at $6 replace myself  [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

Twincharged

second time replacing of 1 way 1 gang switch 80 [sweatdrop]

third time I buy 1 switch at $6 replace myself [thumbsup]

1 way 1 gang light switch only $1.5!

You spent $550 for so many things consider damn good deal already, Just a few months ago my main gate kaput, I called a guy in and he replaced the PCB in the motor housing and charged me for $550. Next time I will go buy a PCB and have it replaced myself. Painful man.

waaa ur gate need a motor to open / close .  [shocked]

like that 550 not ex la ....  [laugh]

• Praise 3

Twincharged

I wondered what others have to say 

is it ethical?

changing a single wall plug 

HDB cost $50

Condo outskirt $50-80

Condo town area eg Grange Road $80-100 minimum 

Landed in Holland / Bukit Timah area $100-150 minimum

ALL use the same kind of plug but why price different?

• Praise 4

1 way 1 gang light switch only $1.5!

Electrician said transport labour 80 and socket free

Best part is wait until he wants to go back JB then swing by my home at woodlands to fix

That's why third time I decided to fix myself

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Electrician said transport labour 80 and socket free

Best part is wait until he wants to go back JB then swing by my home at woodlands to fix

That's why third time I decided to fix myself

wah. you live woodlands too.

(edited)

but the ELCB and MCB + LEDs add up at most is $150 probably....labour $250 should be reasonable mah, so the item markup is double or more....

Think should consider taking the electrical license and earn big bucks as a LEW  [:p]

Your gate PCB might not be easy to source??

Edited by Gunzy
  • Praise 1

second time replacing of 1 way 1 gang switch 80  [sweatdrop]

third time I buy 1 switch at $6 replace myself  [thumbsup]

how come the town council term contracor charge is so expensive?

from their price list, supply and fix replacement single gang 13A switch is around $20...so the electrician don't follow the listed price?

Hypersonic

second time replacing of 1 way 1 gang switch 80 [sweatdrop]

third time I buy 1 switch at $6 replace myself [thumbsup]

If u really suspect hdb associated plumber or electrician of overcharging, can feedback to hdb Town Council. They will take note one. If too many complaints, the guy will be in trouble and lose the recommendation.

Ive asked the hdb plumber to come down Before regarding my wc. They took a look for like 20 mins. I wanted to give them a small fee for coming down, but the bangla said no work done, they can't accept.

↡ Advertisement