End of COE, how to de-register?

Trusty

is the car required to be in country before deregistering ? or can it be out of country when you deregister?

is it possible to drive a deregistered car in another country ?

For the case of export to MY, the vehicle has to be out of the country then is considered as deregistered.

I suppose you need to engage a dealer (exporter) to tow your car out of S'pore (not allowed to drive)

At the M'sia custom, the exporter will do all the paper work to declare that the vehicle is for export purpose.

After clearance, the exporter will continue by towing your vehicle to a place and leave it there as requested by you.

After which, your dealer will pass you all the deregistration & export documents, so that you can submit to LTA to prove that your vehicle already deregistered & exported out of S'pore and wish to claim back your PARF/COE value.

By right, you need to re-register in M'sia before you are allowed to drive in M'sia.  I heard is quite troublesome to do so but I'm not sure.

This is my understand

Edited by Toomuchtorque
↡ Advertisement

For the case of export to MY, the vehicle has to be out of the country then is considered as deregistered.

I suppose you need to engage a dealer (exporter) to tow your car out of S'pore (not allowed to drive)

At the M'sia custom, the exporter will do all the paper work to declare that the vehicle is for export purpose.

After clearance, the exporter will continue by towing your vehicle to a place and leave it there as requested by you.

After which, your dealer will pass you all the deregistration & export documents, so that you can submit to LTA to prove that your vehicle already deregistered & exported out of S'pore and wish to claim back your PARF/COE value.

By right, you need to re-register in M'sia before you are allowed to drive in M'sia.  I heard is quite troublesome to do so but I'm not sure.

This is my understand

Sounds legit. I plan to do that when my car is up for 10 years. as I drive a conti, wasted to scrap when its only 10 years old. But I cant find much info on this .

This is my understand

https://jctjapan.wordpress.com/how-to-import-japanese-used-vehicle-in-malaysia/

Are you it is that ez to export to Malaysia?

Long time ago, I heard there are some dealer/exporter provide such service, meaning help you deregister & export to Malaysia.

You just pay them and they settle everything for you.

Edited by Toomuchtorque

Long time ago, I heard there are some dealer/exporter provide such service, meaning help you deregister & export to Malaysia.

You just pay them and they settle everything for you.

Age Restriction:-

Importation of vehicles with more than 5 years old is restricted in Malaysia.

Age Restriction:-

Importation of vehicles with more than 5 years old is restricted in Malaysia.

By right, you are right!

But in Malaysia, many things can go by left one.. You don't know meh?  haha

By right, you are right!

But in Malaysia, many things can go by left one.. You don't know meh?  haha

Got Money Got Talk  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement