Malaysia: Where to eat in Kuala Lumpur?

Adrianli

The auntie at the hawker centre recommended me to eat at this Hakka Restaurant in KL when i am there next week.

https://g.co/kgs/kD2QDC

Is this place good? I see the reviews like not bad.

and i am trying to find a place to have x'mas eve dinner   [laugh]  [laugh]

The auntie at the hawker centre recommended me to eat at this Hakka Restaurant in KL when i am there next week.

https://g.co/kgs/kD2QDC

Is this place good? I see the reviews like not bad.

sorry bro, havent eaten there before so cant help... 

btw, so whats the final decision on going up to KL for your family? drive or fly? 

sorry bro, havent eaten there before so cant help...

btw, so whats the final decision on going up to KL for your family? drive or fly?

Driving up. Then if they dont feel comfy on the ride up, they take plane back while i ownself drive back.

• Praise 3

This one near Pavilion should be atas. [laugh] For Hakka food in KL, I go to Chuan Kee, near Taman Maluri. But the ah por is very old liao, the son is now in charged, standard not as good as before.

Dont know if atas or not but will definately check it out and give my comments here.

when driving up? must siam 2f2f audi wagon

If you are a fan of WTM , can try Koon Kee WTM - Chinatown . Their dumpling soup also very nice ....

Noted. Got exact details or directions to the place? Tomorrow going Chinatown for the Hokkien mee and that corner drink stall.

Will be taking the free GoKL bus.

post-2654-0-10947100-1513243033_thumb.jpg

Noted. Got exact details or directions to the place? Tomorrow going Chinatown for the Hokkien mee and that corner drink stall.

No 95, Jalan Hang Lekir, 

If you are facing the corner drink stall ( mata kucing drink ? ) , opposite of it is the porridge stall right ? Then its few stall down the same stretch . Just renovated . If after 12 / 1 pm , there is an old uncle selling peanut pancake outside this WTM stall . 

Oversea Restaurant at Jalan Imbi is one of the must go place for me also . Char Siew , Fried Prawn with their signature dark soy sauce , claypot pork belly with salted fish .   

Edited by Hubwee
  • Praise 3

Will be taking the free GoKL bus.

This map is more complete:

Kuala-Lumpur-Train-Map-July-2017-LATEST.pdf

You can try rapidKL from Bkt Bintang or Imbi to Plaza Rakyat or Masjid Jamek.

Both also need to walk a bit.

Hello from Pavilion.

attachicon.gif20171214_182107.jpg

No worries. I dressed worse than the locals. Just t shirt, Bermuda and sandals. I frequent there till the Caring Pharmacy staff recognise me.

That's Singapore national costume.

Very ez recognised as Singaporean.

thanks. I will try it out

I like http://kampungboycitygal.com/2007/12/hung-kee-wanton-mee-jalan-loke-yew/  their siu kaw also good

Thanks , will try it out . 

the problem with WTM in KL is that there is no those sambal chili sauce ... Only green chili which i dun really fancy . 

You should go try the Koon Kee , its the dry type , no sauce at all . They use those brown paper packing to pack their dry WTM ... 

Was told there is a Ee Mee stall that is very good also but till date , still not able to find it . 

the problem with WTM in KL is that there is no those sambal chili sauce ... Only green chili which i dun really fancy . 

You should go try the Koon Kee , its the dry type , no sauce at all . They use those brown paper packing to pack their dry WTM ... 

Was told there is a Ee Mee stall that is very good also but till date , still not able to find it . 

No sauce WTM is canto style WTM

Those sambal chilli sauce is Singapore style

Black sauce is more of Hokkien style.

• Praise 2

Any good bak kut teh shop to recommend around Bukit Bintang?

Planning my itinerary.

I would prefer to make a trip to klang for BKT but there are quite a few shops around BB area. U want the thicker strong type or slightly lighter (but still herbal) version?

ahh the thing is... I eat WTM without chili LOL

will try koon kee. I like those clear type too.. like Yit Foh in jb

I would prefer to make a trip to klang for BKT but there are quite a few shops around BB area. U want the thicker strong type or slightly lighter (but still herbal) version?

I prefer Kiamg Kee type. Broth is thick but not too herbal.

I found 3 at Imbi side but reviews say very expensive and mostly cater to chinese tourists. There is Ah Hee, Yu Yi and Sun fong.

I prefer Kiamg Kee type. Broth is thick but not too herbal.

I found 3 at Imbi side but reviews say very expensive and mostly cater to chinese tourists. There is Ah Hee, Yu Yi and Sun fong.

ah ok. I found kiang kee (kota tinggi?) to be too bitter for me

I like the super thick type. A friend that grew up in Klang brought me to this place and I got hooked LOL http://johorkaki.blogspot.com/2017/08/four-eyes-bak-kut-teh-in-klang-one-of.html

yeah some food shops in KL now mainly cater to tourists. Gotta consciously avoid those

• Praise 2

My wife and in-laws will kill me.

Now shopping at Sungei Wang. She doing her nails. I go Giant shopping.

Just back from KL last week. There is this basement food court opposite Sungei Wang via a connecting bridge. I think ISETAN is there. The food court serves pretty nice food especially the roasted duck and pork. In my opinion , it has restaurant standard . Their roast pork, you can see those layers of fats like how you would find in HK or restaurants. Go try it and at food court price.
↡ Advertisement