Clear Protective Film(windscreen and headlights)

Ahbengdriver

First I searched and cannot find any old threads.

Ok, where can I find one in the Sin Ming or Ang Mo Kio area.  Looking  to paste clear protective film to prevent stone chips on windscreen n headlights.  Heard its also called "clear bra" (for cars hor, not women).

Does companies like 3M, V-cool, etc have them?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

You can look for those sticker shops to apply the stone guard films. Usually on headlamps, front bumper, bonnet etc but not on windscreen.

Ok, where can I find one in the Sin Ming or Ang Mo Kio area.  Looking  to paste clear protective film to prevent stone chips on windscreen n headlights.  Heard its also called "clear bra" (for cars hor, not women).

I would advise against such films for headlights becoz I ever saw ppl's headlights melted coz of the films. A set of headlights no cheap.

Chip on the front bumper and headlights are part of the car ownership every driver has to live with. Do the next car owner appreciate what you do or does it appreciate the value of your car? No.

• Praise 1

try xpel ??

i bot the car from a previous owner who already had them on windscreen n headlights.  But since i bot the car thru an agent i dunno who that owner was n what brand the film is.

they still look good but can see the signs of sand/stone attacks so thot its time to change it.

try Groomer's Lab, I think they are one of the advertisers here

• Praise 2

Hi AnBengdriver, 

We are the certified installer for Xpel Ultimate Protective Film. We had installed many films on headlights on many different makes and model. 

Benefits & Advantages of Protective Film:

1. 100% Protection against Stone Chip | Road Debris | Scratches 

2. It does not turn Yellowish 

3. It does not Melt 

Do remember to get the right film and not the vinyl type as vinyl does not protect against the above mentioned. Hope the above info helps. 

Thank you

Team Groomers Lab

post-154636-0-23151900-1513761148.png

Btw Windshield Protection Film is also available and it does protect against stone ship and road debris chips too. 

post-154636-0-22119400-1513761281_thumb.jpg

post-154636-0-61071100-1513761289_thumb.jpg

post-154636-0-17237200-1513761298_thumb.jpg

Hi AnBengdriver,

We are the certified installer for Xpel Ultimate Protective Film. We had installed many films on headlights on many different makes and model.

Benefits & Advantages of Protective Film:

1. 100% Protection against Stone Chip | Road Debris | Scratches

2. It does not turn Yellowish

3. It does not Melt

Do remember to get the right film and not the vinyl type as vinyl does not protect against the above mentioned. Hope the above info helps.

Thank you

Team Groomers Lab

Is this tailor made or just only for common makes?

What about the Subaru Impreza 2017?

Thanks with regards,

Brass

Hi Brass, 

All films are customize based on different make and models as it fits onto the screen well just like a phone screen protector. Yes we can install Impreza too. 

Is this tailor made or just only for common makes?
What about the Subaru Impreza 2017?
Thanks with regards,
Brass

Hi Brass,

All films are customize based on different make and models as it fits onto the screen well just like a phone screen protector. Yes we can install Impreza too.

Ok noted with thanks.

May wish that you business do a roaring trade judging with so many members and car owners outside there with their new cars.

Very pricey.

did my headlights for $150, windscreen for $150 as well.....my workplace too much stones on the road Edited by Lomfy
  • Praise 2

You can look for those sticker shops to apply the stone guard films. Usually on headlamps, front bumper, bonnet etc but not on windscreen.

yup I hv it on front bumper n bonnet. Considered doing it on windscreen too but I was concerned it may affect the wipers.

Turbocharged

That is what i am thinking about too. Will it affect vision? Will it cause water to bead as thought there is a coating? Will it affect the auto wiper/headlamp sensors.

but I was concerned it may affect the wipers.

Ok noted with thanks.

May wish that you business do a roaring trade judging with so many members and car owners outside there with their new cars.

Thanks

yup I hv it on front bumper n bonnet. Considered doing it on windscreen too but I was concerned it may affect the wipers.

Don’t worry as it will not if the right film is used. My car had been installed with the film for many months and so far ok

That is what i am thinking about too. Will it affect vision? Will it cause water to bead as thought there is a coating? Will it affect the auto wiper/headlamp sensors.

It doesn’t affect the sensor at all. Confirmed plus chopped as my current car also installed and so far everything ok

Headlights these days are ex so should consider doing it but do opt for the right film as we have customers who went for transparent vinyl which does not even protect against anything
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1