Clear Protective Film(windscreen and headlights)

Ahbengdriver

First I searched and cannot find any old threads.

Ok, where can I find one in the Sin Ming or Ang Mo Kio area.  Looking  to paste clear protective film to prevent stone chips on windscreen n headlights.  Heard its also called "clear bra" (for cars hor, not women).

Does companies like 3M, V-cool, etc have them?

I have installed windscreen protector (ClearPlex) few years ago, my advise is don't do it. It will results in many fine scratches on the film due to dirt/sand on the wiper. Those fine scratched on my windscreen affect the vision, especially bad during night time.

But I guess on headlights may be ok because don't have the wiper there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi AnBengdriver, 

We are the certified installer for Xpel Ultimate Protective Film. We had installed many films on headlights on many different makes and model. 

Benefits & Advantages of Protective Film:

1. 100% Protection against Stone Chip | Road Debris | Scratches 

2. It does not turn Yellowish 

3. It does not Melt 

Do remember to get the right film and not the vinyl type as vinyl does not protect against the above mentioned. Hope the above info helps. 

Thank you

Team Groomers Lab

Hi GroomersLab,

Does your company offer service of removing the windscreen protector? Can it be remove? If possible please pm me the detail including pricing. Thank you.

Agreed with you that some brands do come with these problems. The ones we use so far is still ok without such issues. 

I have installed windscreen protector (ClearPlex) few years ago, my advise is don't do it. It will results in many fine scratches on the film due to dirt/sand on the wiper. Those fine scratched on my windscreen affect the vision, especially bad during night time.

But I guess on headlights may be ok because don't have the wiper there.

Hi Octopus, 

Yes we do. We need to steam remove the film so process is about 45 mins for removal. 

Hi GroomersLab,

Does your company offer service of removing the windscreen protector? Can it be remove? If possible please pm me the detail including pricing. Thank you.

Hi Octopus, 

Yes we do. We need to steam remove the film so process is about 45 mins for removal. 

Can let me know the charges for film removal? PM me if not convenient to post the price openly. Thank you.

After removal there won't be any sticky residue which would affect the wiper action, would it?

Edited by Octopus

Hi Octopus, 

Greetings from Groomers Lab Concept Centre. 

May i ask if it's just removal or with installation of new film? Where are the films currently installed?

Regards,

GL Concept Centre

Can let me know the charges for film removal? PM me if not convenient to post the price openly. Thank you.

After removal there won't be any sticky residue which would affect the wiper action, would it?

Hi Octopus, 

Greetings from Groomers Lab Concept Centre. 

May i ask if it's just removal or with installation of new film? Where are the films currently installed?

Regards,

GL Concept Centre

Please let me know the price for removal only. It is installed at the front windscreen.

Attached photo is the condition of the windscreen protector after 4 years, many fine scratched caused by the wiper.....

post-5338-0-72159100-1514422658_thumb.jpg

post-5338-0-87741400-1514422672_thumb.jpg

Hi Octopus, 

Our sincerest apologies for the late reply was engaged earlier. I had sent you a PM.

Regards,

Team Groomers Lab

Please let me know the price for removal only. It is installed at the front windscreen.

Attached photo is the condition of the windscreen protector after 4 years, many fine scratched caused by the wiper.....

Hi Octopus, 

Our sincerest apologies for the late reply was engaged earlier. I had sent you a PM.

Regards,

Team Groomers Lab

Thank you very much.