Freaky Coincidences

kdash

Only coincidence I always have is that if I dream of someone that I never met long ago, and I REMEMBER that dream, I would check the orbituary page.

Face would be there

Happened quite a few times with lost pals. RIP

Sounds like Final destination to með±

Sh*t, I know why @angcheek, @spring and many other MCFer are saying better don't meet you... now that we have met and you saw my face, please don't remember me nor have me in your dream, tolong tolong...
  • Praise 10

1. Rostered to go for a roadshow activation with a lady whose name was only 1 letter different from my own

2. Part time in-charges at the roadshow were: Sin Yee, Xin Yi & Cindy

3. All 3 of them called for cabs to move us to a different location. One called Comfort, another either Prime/Transcab and the last one called for a maxi cab. All 3 vehicles came with number plate 388 (or 688, I can't remember).

• Praise 2

Sh*t, I know why @angcheek, @spring and many other MCFer are saying better don't meet you... now that we have met and you saw my face, please don't remember me nor have me in your dream, tolong tolong...

Too late for you
  • Praise 3

A few years ago, I attended a wedding dinner with my mom. The groom was my JC classmate, and my mom was invited by some aunty from the bride's family. At the time, I did not think much of the fact that my mom and I were invited to the same wedding by different parties, it must be one of those random coincidences in such a small country. 

The wedding dinner went by as usual, with the customary video, march-in, cake cutting, 交杯酒, speeches, photo taking etc... I had a good time catching up and reminiscing the old times with my JC classmates at the same table, while my mom was allocated to some other aunty table. 

At the end of the dinner, I went to look for my mom and we joined the queue to shake hands with the newlyweds and their families before leaving the venue. As we approached the wedding couple, I gave my heartiest congratulations to the groom with a handshake, a hug and a brief chat while my mom was talking to one of the aunties beside the bride. 

The next moment, the bride suddenly came to me, held both my hands, and asked "Do you remember me??" in quite a loud voice and with a look of excitement!

I was caught by surprise! I looked at the bride, and then my friend the groom, and my mom with a confused look, my mind racing to try to recall where I had met the bride before... She looked vaguely familiar, but I know she was definitely not one of my exes (haha), so who can she be??? Was she a classmate from one of my previous schools? Colleague from work?...

Finally after a few moments, I gave up and asked her how did she know me. Her answer was so unexpected and freaky that I get goosebumps even as I recall the moment now. 

"Do you remember we attended the same kindergarten before?" 

My mouth slowly dropped open as the realisation hit me...

I used to attend my 2 years of kindergarten with a girl who lived in the next block from where I stayed. We sat beside each other in class, and as young children we got along quite well. Later we lost contact as we went to primary school and she moved away. 

Somehow by a freaky twist of fate, she got to know my JC classmate and got married... the aunty who invited my mom to the wedding was actually the bride's mom who somehow kept in contact throughout all those years... 

I think I freaked out a bit as I spoke to the wedding couple, saying how coincidental the situation was. After saying our congratulations and goodbyes, we made our way home. Along the way back, I kept thinking about the whole matter and tried to rationalise the whole series of events in my mind... My conclusion is: SG is too small... 

What is your freaky coincidence encounter? 

PS to mods: I know there are a few coincidence threads, but seems like different context, so I started a new thread. Hope this is ok. Thanks. 

Singapore is so small.

My sister's secondary classmates is my cousin's wife.  She didn't intro her to him.  They met outside.  My sister only found out when we attended the wedding dinner.

• Praise 5

In the marine industry, lots of freaky coincidences. Met with many ppl who know so and so or who were my ex-colleagues. Today company A, tomorrow company B and the following day back to company A.

Found long lost classmates and lots of ex RSN colleagues.

The industry is small.

• Praise 1

Case #1

During my Poly days, I am fortunate to be selected for an overseas industrial attachment (to Germany), along with another 5 poly mates from different faculty. All 6 of us underwent a 1+ months crash course on German language and culture, and nothing special occurs.

On the day of departure, parents of all participants were at the airport to send their child off, and suddenly my mum saw an old neighbor (at the airport entrance), and upon saying hi, realized that her daughter was also one of the participants. I didn't realized that she was actually the "tomboy" that stay 1 floor above our unit at our old place. Really is 女大十八变。。。 (although with long hair and more feminine look, she is still quite 粗鲁 so to speak.)

Case #2

Had a friendly exchange with 1 particular forumer at the now defunct AsiaOne forum, and finally exchanged phone number while arranging for a meet up. That is when I realized he was actually 1 of my secondary school buddy (死党), whom he and myself both type our contact wrongly the last time we met, >5 years ago... We are still in contact now. :).

And through him, I get to now that another classmate of ours, his son and my son is in the same primary school (same level but different class), and the wife of our another classmate is their teacher!!

Case #3

How often do you get to see more than 2 cars with the same number on the same road? My record: 5 cars!! (including mine), at the same junction some more, 3 on 1 side, 1 on opposite and the other on my right hand side.

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 13

1. Rostered to go for a roadshow activation with a lady whose name was only 1 letter different from my own

3. All 3 of them called for cabs to move us to a different location. One called Comfort, another either Prime/Transcab and the last one called for a maxi cab. All 3 vehicles came with number plate 388 (or 688, I can't remember).

lai ...lai ... 50 big 50 small !! system bet this weekend !!

• Praise 3

I married my pri one school mate (not in same class) and she was also my neighbor then.

I moved house in pri 3 and never met her.... but still end up marrying her [:(]

This is abit like the chinese movie, turn left, turn right.

You are Takeshi Kaneshiro.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

哇,这么多三八   [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Case #2

Had a friendly exchange with 1 particular forumer at the new defunct AsiaOne forum, and finally exchanged phone number while arranging for meet up. That is when I realized he was actually 1 of my secondary school buddy (死党), whom he and myself both type our contact wrongly the last time we met... We are still in contact now. :)

when i was looking for a PI to buy a honda shuttle, i called about 7 dealers ...

the last one i called to inquire was answered by a nice guy and after talking to him, i said i would consider and then call him back. so he asked me for my number and told me to call him so he could save my number.

when i dialed his number nothing showed up on my phone which i have been using for more than 10 years already, just his number.

but when my number showed up on his phone, he promptly called out my name !

anyway, he also can't remember who i am nor can i. 

but in the end, i bought from another PI so i did not find out also.

* i dunno about you all, but i do not store names inside my phone of ppl i do not really know. maybe the coy name only.

I married my pri one school mate (not in same class) and she was also my neighbor then.

I moved house in pri 3 and never met her.... but still end up marrying her [:(]

Bro...I think she stalked you..just that you didn't know.... [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Talk about freaking stuff.. I have been having the same dream and the same nightmare for the last 27 years.. and the thing is the dream always happens around sept- oct while the nightmare always occur Jan-march..

the dream.. Liverpool win the league

The nightmare.. CB

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3