Freaky Coincidences

kdash

Just WhatsApp me the photo

I’ll take care of it haaaaa

Anyway my dreams n the other coincidences are documented here in mcf

That’s why @soya duwan meet me

Edited by Sdf4786k

Case #1

During my Poly days, I am fortunate to be selected for an overseas industrial attachment (to Germany), along with another 5 poly mates from different faculty. All 6 of us underwent a 1+ months crash course on German language and culture, and nothing special occurs.

On the day of departure, parents of all participants were at the airport to send their child off, and suddenly my mum saw an old neighbor (at the airport entrance), and upon saying hi, realized that her daughter was also one of the participants. I didn't realized that she was actually the "tomboy" that stay 1 floor above our unit at our old place. Really is 女大åå«åããã (although with long hair and more feminine look, she is still quite ç²é² so to speak.)

Case #2

Had a friendly exchange with 1 particular forumer at the now defunct AsiaOne forum, and finally exchanged phone number while arranging for a meet up. That is when I realized he was actually 1 of my secondary school buddy (æ­»åï¼, whom he and myself both type our contact wrongly the last time we met, >5 years ago... We are still in contact now. :).

And through him, I get to now that another classmate of ours, his son and my son is in the same primary school (same level but different class), and the wife of our another classmate is their teacher!!

Case #3

How often do you get to see more than 2 cars with the same number on the same road? My record: 5 cars!! (including mine), at the same junction some more, 3 on 1 side, 1 on opposite and the other on my right hand side.

bro, so the case #1 girl become your wife??

1. The HOD that sat next to me has the same email address as me but she has one extra letter.

2. She drove a car with plate 5700 and my plate was 6800.

3. Some time after I left she was offered my job and took it.

:D

• Praise 4

You are meant to marry her.

1. The HOD that sat next to me has the same email address as me but she has one extra letter.

2. She drove a car with plate 5700 and my plate was 6800.

3. Some time after I left she was offered my job and took it.

:D

• Praise 4

thats why i was a bit freaked out... kept thinking who she was... i know definitely not ex ððð

:grin:

haha i take his salary can? ððð

Can sure can :XD:
  • Praise 1

I got to know this girl, and we went out together. 

Those days, i was not driving yet, and we took public transport.

One time, when sending her home and on the bus, we passed by a side road, and i mentioned that my primary school was situated inside that road (a short road of prob only about 500 m long).

She then looked at me, paused for a sec, and said that her primary school was also along that road.

There is only one school on that road, and we were both surprised at the coincidence. She's one year younger than me so we had never met, as those days, school had 2 sessions, and P1,3,5 would be in afternoon session, while P2,4,6 in morning session...

Later on somehow mentioned this (that we went to the same pri sch) to my mother, and her version became that we were primary school mates and we met on the bus! Didn't bother to correct her.

That was almost 20 yr ago, and we married a few years after that. 

Just 2 wk ago during our vacation on a train ride, the kids somehow asked us about meeting on the bus, and I took the chance to explain the correct version to them  [laugh]

• Praise 6

Coincidence #1

I had a secondary school friend who had first cousins bearing exactly the same names as me and my sister.

For illustration and example - His male cousin was , Alvin Tan (just like me), and that cousin's sister was Annette Tan (just like my sister's). 

Coincidence #2

Was shopping around for my first HDB flat, a resale unit in the same estate as my parents. Viewed this particular unit and had shortlisted it as one of the preferred choices out of 3 units. So for the second viewing, I brought my parents along to seek their input and thoughts. The owner was a friendly senior gentleman who was standing firm on the selling price.

When my parents popped by, he kinda hit if off  very well with my father for some reason, and as they chatted, they discovered that they actually came from the same kampong in 6th Milestone (present-day Kovan) and even stayed in opposite blocks from each other in Toa Payoh Lorong 6 after moving out of the kampong; and now somehow they re-connected again.

Needless to say, he softened on the selling price and we decided to get his unit as we believed that the positive feeling to the transaction was a good sign; and the senior gentlemen still keeps in touch with us. 

• Praise 10

You are meant to marry her.

I also think so but sadly she married someone else.

Wasted she comes from a very rich family but she is very smart and independent and never take a cent from them.

• Praise 2

One time, when sending her home and on the bus, we passed by a side road, and i mentioned that my primary school was situated inside that road (a short road of prob only about 500 m long).

She then looked at me, paused for a sec, and said that her primary school was also along that road.

There is only one school on that road, and we were both surprised at the coincidence. She's one year younger than me so we had never met, as those days, school had 2 sessions, and P1,3,5 would be in afternoon session, while P2,4,6 in morning session...

Later on somehow mentioned this (that we went to the same pri sch) to my mother, and her version became that we were primary school mates and we met on the bus! Didn't bother to correct her.

Just 2 wk ago during our vacation on a train ride, the kids somehow asked us about meeting on the bus, and I took the chance to explain the correct version to them [laugh]

A girl that follows you when you take the bus is a keeper

24fd479d7559bbecc50768084fed353e--my-sou

• Praise 4

Just 2 wk ago during our vacation on a train ride, the kids somehow asked us about meeting on the bus, and I took the chance to explain the correct version to them  [laugh]

thanks for sharing bro! looks like there will be more and more stories of how MCFers met their spouses  [laugh]

Based on my analysis, the chances of a single winner for the Europe big draw will be the biggest coincidence. A higher chance will be a single winner of the 8 million TOTO recently.

However, I had a very interesting lunch with an ex-colleague looking for a girlfriend today.

It seems that the biggest coincidence is non of the above but meeting the right girl these days is tougher than tio TOTO

:slow:

• Praise 1

Coincidence #1

I had a secondary school friend who had first cousins bearing exactly the same names as me and my sister.

For illustration and example - His male cousin was , Alvin Tan (just like me), and that cousin's sister was Annette Tan (just like my sister's). 

Coincidence #2

Was shopping around for my first HDB flat, a resale unit in the same estate as my parents. Viewed this particular unit and had shortlisted it as one of the preferred choices out of 3 units. So for the second viewing, I brought my parents along to seek their input and thoughts. The owner was a friendly senior gentleman who was standing firm on the selling price.

When my parents popped by, he kinda hit if off  very well with my father for some reason, and as they chatted, they discovered that they actually came from the same kampong in 6th Milestone (present-day Kovan) and even stayed in opposite blocks from each other in Toa Payoh Lorong 6 after moving out of the kampong; and now somehow they re-connected again.

Needless to say, he softened on the selling price and we decided to get his unit as we believed that the positive feeling to the transaction was a good sign; and the senior gentlemen still keeps in touch with us. 

Erm...I also used to stay at 6th milestone and after the govt acquired the land, I moved to Toa Payoh Lor 6....

My coincidence story is that I was looking for someone to tune my WRX last time. I called several tuners and finally talking to a very friendly one who asked me to drop by his shop to talk further. I agreed and went to the shop and found out that he is my tuition mate when I was in JC. We had lost contact after A levels. Naturally, I decided to choose him to tune my car.

Edited by Etpt
  • Praise 4

Coincidence #1

Coincidence #2

Now that you mentioned viewing property, it reminded me of:

Some years back I was looking for a place to move to, and as my parents have agreed to move in with us, we were on the look-out for a larger place so that there'll be space for everyone.

As there are not many large units (we need at least 4 bedrooms) in the market, we expanded our search to penthouses.

For one viewing, after calling up the agent and arranging a time, we went there, and the agent was already upstairs with another prospective buyer. She told us to proceed upstairs. 

When we reached and pressed the bell, the person who opened the door (the owner) was an ex-colleague that i had worked quite closely with for about 2-3 yr about 5-6 yr before that! Imagine the shock when we saw each other.

Unfortunately the unit was not that suitable for us, so we didn't make an offer.

• Praise 1

One more. Once I added someone from Mongolia on Facebook cos she had an interesting profile. We never talk before.

One day, I was at Somerset crossing the road and she was standing beside me. She was here on a work trip.

Now that you mentioned viewing property, it reminded me of:

Some years back I was looking for a place to move to, and as my parents have agreed to move in with us, we were on the look-out for a larger place so that there'll be space for everyone.

As there are not many large units (we need at least 4 bedrooms) in the market, we expanded our search to penthouses.

For one viewing, after calling up the agent and arranging a time, we went there, and the agent was already upstairs with another prospective buyer. She told us to proceed upstairs.

When we reached and pressed the bell, the person who opened the door (the owner) was an ex-colleague that i had worked quite closely with for about 2-3 yr about 5-6 yr before that! Imagine the shock when we saw each other.

Unfortunately the unit was not that suitable for us, so we didn't make an offer.

:grin:

s-l1000.jpg

↡ Advertisement