Freaky Coincidences

kdash

A few years ago, I attended a wedding dinner with my mom. The groom was my JC classmate, and my mom was invited by some aunty from the bride's family. At the time, I did not think much of the fact that my mom and I were invited to the same wedding by different parties, it must be one of those random coincidences in such a small country.

The wedding dinner went by as usual, with the customary video, march-in, cake cutting, 交æ¯é, speeches, photo taking etc... I had a good time catching up and reminiscing the old times with my JC classmates at the same table, while my mom was allocated to some other aunty table.

At the end of the dinner, I went to look for my mom and we joined the queue to shake hands with the newlyweds and their families before leaving the venue. As we approached the wedding couple, I gave my heartiest congratulations to the groom with a handshake, a hug and a brief chat while my mom was talking to one of the aunties beside the bride.

The next moment, the bride suddenly came to me, held both my hands, and asked "Do you remember me??" in quite a loud voice and with a look of excitement!

I was caught by surprise! I looked at the bride, and then my friend the groom, and my mom with a confused look, my mind racing to try to recall where I had met the bride before... She looked vaguely familiar, but I know she was definitely not one of my exes (haha), so who can she be??? Was she a classmate from one of my previous schools? Colleague from work?...

Finally after a few moments, I gave up and asked her how did she know me. Her answer was so unexpected and freaky that I get goosebumps even as I recall the moment now.

"Do you remember we attended the same kindergarten before?"

My mouth slowly dropped open as the realisation hit me...

I used to attend my 2 years of kindergarten with a girl who lived in the next block from where I stayed. We sat beside each other in class, and as young children we got along quite well. Later we lost contact as we went to primary school and she moved away.

Somehow by a freaky twist of fate, she got to know my JC classmate and got married... the aunty who invited my mom to the wedding was actually the bride's mom who somehow kept in contact throughout all those years...

I think I freaked out a bit as I spoke to the wedding couple, saying how coincidental the situation was. After saying our congratulations and goodbyes, we made our way home. Along the way back, I kept thinking about the whole matter and tried to rationalise the whole series of events in my mind... My conclusion is: SG is too small...

What is your freaky coincidence encounter?

PS to mods: I know there are a few coincidence threads, but seems like different context, so I started a new thread. Hope this is ok. Thanks.

My coincidence was during my wedding dinner.

My wife invited her primary school friends and teacher.

Of course we also invited relatives.

So after a few dishes, we went around the tables.

It was when we were at my relatives table then realised one of my wife's classmates was talking to one of my uncle.

Then my uncle & auntie told us my wife's primary classmate is my aunt's niece.

Though I had joined few gatherings with my wife ex-classmates. Never realised she is my distant cousin.

The last time my distant cousin & I attended a wedding dinner was that of my uncle and aunt when we were pre-schoolers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

vaguely remember it was 6pm+.... bus stop outside Thomson Plaza

Maybe Ah Ma took the photo for large portraits, dropped the passport size one and you pick up.

Or just to scare you.

The children on the way to Sin Ming accidentally dropped it when switching bus service.

• Praise 2

Jit bai siao liao... I met @RadX... How?

Please don't dream about me... [sweatdrop]

I sipeh fwenly one lei...

Every of us takes turn to call him every minute so he cannot sleep ........ cannot dream
  • Praise 5

Close all windows, lock all the doors.

Beware. [grouphug]

I know Tampines Rd and Punggol last time a lot of pig farms. :D

Nbzzz

Damn funny u all

Let me share a real story, it is quite long but I try to cut it short.

Some 30+ years ago, I was driving up KL with a friend in 2 cars. My first trip and I am suppose to follow him. Those days, no handphone and I didn't ask which hotel we will be staying, just follow.

Once inside KL, he turns into a driveway and then out! I lost sight of him and we don't know what to do next. Everywhere is 1 way and if I continue, he won't know where I am unless I drive back to the same spot to wait.

The next thing I did was to come out of our car and stand along the road looking for him. I was with my wife and young daughter, about 7 years old. Then suddenly a young lady approached us and ask if we were so and so. [shocked] She is the sister of my friend and she is meeting him at the hotel where we are staying, 

On her way to the hotel in the bus, she saw us standing there. Although we have never met, she saw my daughter photo together with her niece (which is my friend's daughter) and she could recognize her. [wave]

Wow, that split seconds, the right turn looking towards the right direction where we happen to be standing and most important of all things, she could pick her up from a photo [thumbsup]

The rest is simple, she took our car and lead us to where we are suppose to stay. Miracle?

• Praise 2

Some 30+ years ago, I was driving up KL with a friend in 2 cars. My first trip and I am suppose to follow him. Those days, no handphone and I didn't ask which hotel we will be staying, just follow.

Once inside KL, he turns into a driveway and then out! I lost sight of him and we don't know what to do next. Everywhere is 1 way and if I continue, he won't know where I am unless I drive back to the same spot to wait.

The next thing I did was to come out of our car and stand along the road looking for him. I was with my wife and young daughter, about 7 years old. Then suddenly a young lady approached us and ask if we were so and so. [shocked] She is the sister of my friend and she is meeting him at the hotel where we are staying,

On her way to the hotel in the bus, she saw us standing there. Although we have never met, she saw my daughter photo together with her niece (which is my friend's daughter) and she could recognize her. [wave]

Wow, that split seconds, the right turn looking towards the right direction where we happen to be standing and most important of all things, she could pick her up from a photo [thumbsup]

The rest is simple, she took our car and lead us to where we are suppose to stay. Miracle?

Wow so drama. This kind of things sometimes darn difficult to explain how it could happen. Like once in a million lifetime happen. Worst is some never that lucky at all.

really a timely miracle. if you and your family had not stepped out of the car, she would not have stopped...
  • Praise 1

i know got a lot of pig farms......even my PAP kindergarten was next to a pig pen. Dont ask me about tge smell........I was too young to remember. Behind the then Paya Lebar Airport were rows and rows of rubber trees! There was a Jalan Haji Karim that leads from the rubber plantation to (Tampenis Road).

my kia...my kia....Bro @Radx now reception and broadcast not that good liao.....

Don't know if you guys remember bit old Tampines road had a small buffalo farm and the road used to run parallel to an airbase. Used to remember seeing military planes taking off from there.

buffalo?? what year was that?

my memory of there is there use to be a fishing pond near a temple, fished there ... think the place closed around 1990 or there abouts due to expressway works..

buffalo?? what year was that?

my memory of there is there use to be a fishing pond near a temple, fished there ... think the place closed around 1990 or there abouts due to expressway works..

In the mid- to late 1970s. 

walau, 1-2 paragraphs i thought will have pontianak story :D

• Praise 3

We were talking about that... I told him it's because the Wifi signal not strong, that's why better to forget the SSID better... :XD:

Sounds like a plan... [thumbsup]

Maybe his Antenna short short......

still no freaky coincidences....except maybe Victor68 post... was half expecting him to say but my friend has NO sister!!!

freaky
ˈfriːki/
adjective
informal

1. very odd, strange, or eccentric.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1