Clients From Hell

chryst

I'm sure everybody has encountered headscratching situations in the workspace. Be it from colleagues or clients, some of them make you wanna vomit blood. Let's share our stories!

-

Client: The artwork colour needs to be exactly the same as our core product.

Me: Sure, just let my designer know your Pantone/CMYK/RGB code when you sent the requirements over.

*2 weeks later, designer crying. Client has been scolding them for incompetence and "blindness", and just arrived unannounced in the office*

Client: YOUR DESIGNER ALL BLIND OR STUPID? I SAID MUST BE SAME COLOUR! I MUST HAVE SAID THIS AT LEAST 10,000 TIMES!

Me: Designer, you guys didn't follow brief? Forward it to me I check. Sorry client, gimme 5 mins.

Client: *angry face*

*I check and there's no problem at all. Followed brief down to the last fullstop*

Me: Miss Client, as  you can see here, its the same colour code in your brief, and..

*CLIENT EXPLODES, CUTS ME OFF AND STARTS SHOUTING DAMN LOUDLY*

Client: What's wrong with all of you! Even you at your level don't understand simple English!

*Whips out her laptop to open the artwork*

Client: Can you see how different it is!? Look, your laptop, her PC and mine all different colour!

*Whips out actual product and aggressively slams it against all the screens*

Client: And NONE of them matches my real product!!!!!!!

At this point, COO came into my room to ask what's going on since he's next door and can hear everything. He discovers that the client doesn't understand how different machines show colours differently, and that "real" colour on a screen doesn't mean "real" colour produced.

He literally threw her out of the office and broke their contract.

-

Colleague A: You want some bacon? I bring back from Australia. I put some in the oven for you, later try okay?

Colleague B: Err... but I'm vegetarian you know right.

Colleague A: Oh, I thought you ony cannot eat meat in Singapore. Then how about this kangaroo jerky? Its not beef.

*facepalm*

Note: Clients From Hell is a real website founded in 2009.

Edited by chryst
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

I'm sure everybody has encountered headscratching situations in the workspace. Be it from colleagues or clients, some of them make you wanna vomit blood. Let's share our stories!

-

Me: Sure, just let my designer know your Pantone/CMYK/RGB code when you sent the requirements over.

*2 weeks later, designer crying. Client has been scolding them for incompetence and "blindness", and just arrived unannounced in the office*

Client: YOUR DESIGNER ALL BLIND OR STUPID? I SAID MUST BE SAME COLOUR! I MUST HAVE SAID THIS AT LEAST 10,000 TIMES!

Me: Designer, you guys didn't follow brief? Forward it to me I check. Sorry client, gimme 5 mins.

*I check and there's no problem at all. Followed brief down to the last fullstop*

Me: Miss Client, as  you can see here, its the same colour code in your brief, and..

Client: What's wrong with all of you! Even you at your level don't understand simple English!

Client: Can you see how different it is!? Look, your laptop, her PC and mine all different colour!

At this point, COO came into my room to ask what's going on since he's next door and can hear everything. He discovers that the client doesn't understand how different machines show colours differently, and that "real" colour on a screen doesn't mean "real" colour produced.

-

Colleague A: You want some bacon? I bring back from Australia. I put some in the oven for you, later try okay?

Colleague A: Oh, I thought you ony cannot eat meat in Singapore. Then how about this kangaroo jerky? Its not beef.

*facepalm*

We have neighbors from hell now client from hell.

So what next from hell :a-bang:

I think sometimes we just get angry before we really examine all the facts or we only saw it from our narrow point of view.

I've been embarrassed a few times, when I've gotten angry with the other party before realizing that a mistake was made on my part as well.

• Praise 5

For your client case, wouldn't a printout from a colour calibrated printer would have cleared the misunderstanding?

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 2

Its not an exact science to good service...  

but as far as im concerned...

service staff in singapore totally lack training becoz most companies DO NOT VALUE good service... 

totally becoz we have GST.... 

• Praise 1

service staff in singapore totally lack training becoz most companies DO NOT VALUE good service...

You shd start a

Forummer from hell

Thread... but think I’ll be the only one mentioned haaaaaa

Merry CHRISTMAS bro

• Praise 12

For your client case, wouldn't a printout from a colour calibrated printer would have cleared the misunderstanding?

We tried everything. According to her, "my office printer doesn't even show remotely the same colour!!!! so must i come here to use your printer everytime i need to print this out to show people!?!?!". 

Edited by chryst

I find that some ppl have real communications issues. They just do not know how to express what exactly they want. Like they dunno how to put it in words. Then they are ppl who cannot picture what you are saying to them. Maybe need to speak in dialect or something. I dunno.

In this case client color blind or lappie different config

Best to hv specific numbers in such cases to ensure the EXACT color

Same as selecting car colors. Color code and not individual perception etc

• Praise 1

I don't think so. I just think we are a small market whereby competition is limited cos of the market size.

And we are sorta brought up on the mantra of efficiency rather than the need for the softer parts of human interaction. 

• Praise 1

I don't think so. I just think we are a small market whereby competition is limited cos of the market size.

And we are sorta brought up on the mantra of efficiency rather than the need for the softer parts of human interaction.

Case I point, I’m sure you’ve met your share of idiots coming fir treatment thinking then know all... and demand that their “internet” is right...

Well, little knowledge is a dangerous thing

We tried everything. According to her, "my office printer doesn't even show remotely the same colour!!!! so must i come here to use your printer everytime i need to print this out to show people!?!?!". 

she's just very ignorant lah.

Pointing out her glaring mistake just makes her even more defensive. 

• Praise 2

I find that some ppl have real communications issues. They just do not know how to express what exactly they want. Like they dunno how to put it in words. Then they are ppl who cannot picture what you are saying to them. Maybe need to speak in dialect or something. I dunno.

Another story:

Client: We want to showcase all our products like a zoo, only without the animals.

Client's products are organic beauty stuff, so initially I thought it made some sense since their claim is "no animal testing". After speaking to them a little bit more about how to raise products to eye level and make sure it the key focus in the exhibit, things start getting weird.

Client: No, I don't need any cage/fence/enclosure of that sort. It needs to be very atas as this launch is targeted towards HNWI. Like Louvre that kind of zoo without animals you know?

He meant museum........

• Praise 3

Case I point, I’m sure you’ve met your share of idiots coming fir treatment thinking then know all... and demand that their “internet” is right...

Well, little knowledge is a dangerous thing

well can't discuss those situations.

But personally, i feel that we sometimes just need to take a mental "one step back". 

-

-

*facepalm*

Note: Clients From Hell is a real website founded in 2009.

must be small money, if big client/money i doubt he will throw them out   [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

well can't discuss those situations.

But personally, i feel that we sometimes just need to take a mental "one step back".

In a way it has done some gd fir those in practice that feel they know all to also explore other possibilities

Cuts both ways

must be small money, if big client/money i doubt he will throw them out [laugh][laugh]

Lol

she's just very ignorant lah.

Pointing out her glaring mistake just makes her even more defensive. 

haha my COO tried to be nice to her until he gave up.

Did you have any weird people throwing WebMD in your face?

must be small money, if big client/money i doubt he will throw them out   [laugh]  [laugh]

Let's just say it was the launch of a green box for our national postal service.....

Another story:

Client: We want to showcase all our products like a zoo, only without the animals.

Client's products are organic beauty stuff, so initially I thought it made some sense since their claim is "no animal testing". After speaking to them a little bit more about how to raise products to eye level and make sure it the key focus in the exhibit, things start getting weird.

Client: No, I don't need any cage/fence/enclosure of that sort. It needs to be very atas as this launch is targeted towards HNWI. Like Louvre that kind of zoo without animals you know?

He meant museum........

If only someone come up with some bluetooth chip embedded into our heads and is able to sync with one another to "see" what they are thinking. LoL...

↡ Advertisement