How do you maintain your white car?

Lmws214

The roof of my white car has these brown spots which is quite difficult to remove.

I use turtlewax express shine spray wax to remove some of them but there are stubborn ones!

Did PPS when i just got the car almost a year ago.. thinking of redoing my PPS.

Anybody can recommend a good cleaner to remove these brown spots? Im guessing they are tree sap

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Good sharing by those who shared. Keep it coming. Indeed an uphill task to maintain white rides. “Black tears” after raining

Cos white colour usually make ur car looks bigger.

Anyway, white car on the contrary is much easier to maintain than a darker car. Cos dust and water spots seems harder to see than on darker colour. Whahaha...

But if kena dent or some dark stain (eg. non white bird shit), easier to see.

Turbocharged

well said.

cheers.

Cos white colour usually make ur car looks bigger.

Anyway, white car on the contrary is much easier to maintain than a darker car. Cos dust and water spots seems harder to see than on darker colour. Whahaha...

But if kena dent or some dark stain (eg. non white bird shit), easier to see.

seems to be a good item, tried it before those with white cars?

Soft 99 Kiwami Premium Car Wax Shampoo White

https://www.lazada.sg/products/soft-99-kiwami-premium-car-wax-shampoo-white-i111088112-s116730365.html?spm=a2o42.searchlist.list.3.14833974hmt7wA&search=1

Good sharing by those who shared. Keep it coming. Indeed an uphill task to maintain white rides. “Black tears” after raining

Sent the new car on day 2 for 3 layers of ceramic coating and will need to do maintenance every 6 months.

Try to do manual washing or wash on your own. Go for PH neutral car wash shampoo.

Always remove stubborn stains once spotted and try to park in shade, stains not clean immediately with etch into the paintwork and no amount of protection can help once etched in. It has to be polished away.

It is quite difficult to maintain white car, the constant washing (once to twice a week) will help. I use turtlewax to remove light swirls and scratches if needed.

Parking in shade helps to make the coating last longer, even with UV protection, there is no guarantee that it will not discolour over time.

• Praise 1

Just make sure the car paint always have a coat of wax would be sufficient. Even so, after many years, white turning slightly yellow is sure to happen.

Just make sure the car paint always have a coat of wax would be sufficient. Even so, after many years, white turning slightly yellow is sure to happen.

Have driven the previous white car for 4 years without discolouration. It is possible, polishing or paint protection is kept to once every 6 months or a year.

I always have washed micro fibre cloths in the car.

I used to own a black colour car but I personally feel that white colour is easier to maintain than black colour as black tends to have swirl marks if not taken care properly. So after that, I switched to white colour car and never regret it.  

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

thanks for sharing, good point.

I used to own a black colour car but I personally feel that white colour is easier to maintain than black colour as black tends to have swirl marks if not taken care properly. So after that, I switched to white colour car and never regret it.  

Supersonic
(edited)

Have driven the previous white car for 4 years without discolouration. It is possible, polishing or paint protection is kept to once every 6 months or a year.

I always have washed micro fibre cloths in the car.

Dont think white car would discolour, you see police car also white and their white still looks ok, and dont think they would maintain the car well. 

Dark colour car easier to see swirl marks and scratches as compared to light colour car. My friend's blue colour car, can see the fine scratches very obvious on car due to car washing.

Edited by 13177

Just washed my white car today using Meguair Gold wash detergent.. spend 1 hour 40 minutes washing it 2x as it was not washed for near 7 weeks. Effort paid off and looks clean. White is a great choice.

Feel that the meguir car wash concentrate is not strong enough.. already poured a lot. Any other recommendations for car wash detergent?

Just spend 3 hours to wash, clay bar and wax my white car. NEARLY DIED. Wah lau eh....  1st hr in, my shirt is already plastered on my body with sweat. Reminded me of army PT session.

Anyway, for wash, I used Armor All Car Wash Concentrated

For clay bar, I used 3M clay bar bought from Qoo10. I clay barred the entire car, including all windows/windshield.

For wax, I used Meguiar's White Wax. Quite good. Now my car look very gilat.

But I already started to dread car detailing if it's gonna be so back breaking with every full session (wash/clay/wax)...

• Praise 3

Hi all, I'll share my piece too, I used to own a black car but now changed to white and used the same maintenance routine.

• Quickly send in for a ceramic coating, with protection films done at door handles (inner part where finger nails usually scratch) and headlights
    • Usual maintenance will be based on groomer's recommendation and "google" research [laugh]
    • The ones I patronize usually is about 6 months to 1 year once
  • Wash weekly my self, usually on a Sunday, using the neutral shampoos (Currently using Meguair's shampoo, the purple one since on discount at Autobacs back when I bought)
    • Ensure to rinse properly first before shampoo, make sure no dirt particles or sand etc.
    • Before wash, make sure car is cooled, as I heard washing when hot does some damage, not sure though. Especially fellow drivers with turbocharged engine or drove long under hot sun
  • Whenever parked under trees or if there is rain, will go after dinner to rinse with 1 or 2 pails of water and wipe dry
    • If do this often, usually will drive around for 3min to 5min to ensure wheels are dry. It can cause rust to your rim bolts and disc break
  • If lucky and kena bird droppings, will use the "spray" for the plant type, spray till the droppings come off and use a tissue to clear it
    • Clearing bird droppings residue after "spray" off, will use tissue to clip up (like how you clean your nose) instead of wiping and spreading, it may scratch if the bird dropping is hard.
  •  Best try to park under shelter away from nature haha! Sun, Rain, Trees

That's all for my routine, but it's just based on findings and hearings not too sure in the long run it helps though :secret-laugh:

• Praise 2

Just spend 3 hours to wash, clay bar and wax my white car. NEARLY DIED. Wah lau eh....  1st hr in, my shirt is already plastered on my body with sweat. Reminded me of army PT session.

Anyway, for wash, I used Armor All Car Wash Concentrated

For clay bar, I used 3M clay bar bought from Qoo10. I clay barred the entire car, including all windows/windshield.

For wax, I used Meguiar's White Wax. Quite good. Now my car look very gilat.

But I already started to dread car detailing if it's gonna be so back breaking with every full session (wash/clay/wax)...

You don't have to clay every time you wash your car.   

You don't have to clay every time you wash your car.

Yes I know, but I don't look forward to my full detail session. Haha. But I bought 2 pcs of claybar, no choice have to use them when necessary
↡ Advertisement