How do you maintain your white car?

Lmws214

Just spend 3 hours to wash, clay bar and wax my white car. NEARLY DIED. Wah lau eh....  1st hr in, my shirt is already plastered on my body with sweat. Reminded me of army PT session.

Anyway, for wash, I used Armor All Car Wash Concentrated

For clay bar, I used 3M clay bar bought from Qoo10. I clay barred the entire car, including all windows/windshield.

For wax, I used Meguiar's White Wax. Quite good. Now my car look very gilat.

But I already started to dread car detailing if it's gonna be so back breaking with every full session (wash/clay/wax)...

Did your car always park in the open carpark? I guess even i have a white car which always park in open carpark, i would not bother to do any car detailing, just normal car wash will do. Lol. 

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement

Did your car always park in the open carpark? I guess even i have a white car which always park in open carpark, i would not bother to do any car detailing, just normal car wash will do. Lol.

No. Mine is sheltered parking

Just spend 3 hours to wash, clay bar and wax my white car. NEARLY DIED. Wah lau eh....  1st hr in, my shirt is already plastered on my body with sweat. Reminded me of army PT session.

For clay bar, I used 3M clay bar bought from Qoo10. I clay barred the entire car, including all windows/windshield.

But I already started to dread car detailing if it's gonna be so back breaking with every full session (wash/clay/wax)...

Most waxes do not contain much cleaning properties in it so may not stay on long if surface is not clean enough. You can try some AIO (all in one) next time when you detail and top up with some spray waxes..It should be nice!

• Praise 1

Most waxes do not contain much cleaning properties in it so may not stay on long if surface is not clean enough. You can try some AIO (all in one) next time when you detail and top up with some spray waxes..It should be nice!

Thank you! Will try that next time, but I gotta use up my current products first. :)

But I already started to dread car detailing if it's gonna be so back breaking with every full session (wash/clay/wax)…

Wax durability is usually measured in weeks while sealant and coating are measured in months. I would suggest that you look around for sealant which can be manually applied, though the shine may not be as great as wax, but it is much more lasting.

You can always use wax on top of the sealant or coating for shine, however some products such as glaze and wax are not compatible. Sealant or coating with wax seem to work well.

Always go with the most durable protection as the base and wax as final coat.

• Praise 1

Hi,

So recommended is to have your new car do coating so as to prevent the car turning yellow?

Normally how Long does it takes for new white car to turn yellowish and do you wash your car yourself or just send it for car wash.. personally I am lazy to wash myself.. lol

• Praise 1

White Paint quality has improved a lot. It used to take take about 7 to 8 years to see the colour difference. Taxis much earlier like 3-4 years as they are always under the sun.

Hi,
So recommended is to have your new car do coating so as to prevent the car turning yellow?

Normally how Long does it takes for new white car to turn yellowish and do you wash your car yourself or just send it for car wash.. personally I am lazy to wash myself.. lol

Neutral Newbie

Try to hide your car from the sun, whenever you are not driving, so parking everyday in garage would be a best start.

Another tip would be to clean your car periodically so the amount of dirt would not stick to the bottom of the paint for long time.

Apart from all of that you can simple drive in a dream bubble and wish your car would be always as white as it was when you bought it, lol

• Praise 1

Try to hide your car from the sun, whenever you are not driving, so parking everyday in garage would be a best start.

Another tip would be to clean your car periodically so the amount of dirt would not stick to the bottom of the paint for long time.

Apart from all of that you can simple drive in a dream bubble and wish your car would be always as white as it was when you bought it, lol

Hello, tell me which landed house in Singapore have a garage?

Just a sharing.

I got the problem to remove the black grease on the white car. It's not removable with the car wash shampoo.

Then I found the kitchen cleaning detergent actually did the magic. You may apply a wax after cleaning.

• Praise 2

Hi all, my newly bought white car’s front bumper (along the side) has some rust. Not sure if it is coming from inside or caused by a rusty object rubbing against it. I’m unsure if the bumper is made of plastic or metal.

Tried using clay bar but wouldn’t come off.

Any advice on how to remove the rust without damaging the paint?

Newbie here with first new car.

post-312586-0-62138600-1565100664_thumb.jpegpost-312586-0-54660200-1565100702_thumb.jpegpost-312586-0-92107100-1565100739_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 1

My boss white car bmw turned yellowish within three years. Did not realised it turned yellow will another brand new white bmw parked beside it. This happened even when he wash own car and do coating.

Edited by Kenomi
  • Praise 1

Hi all, my newly bought white car’s front bumper (along the side) has some rust. Not sure if it is coming from inside or caused by a rusty object rubbing against it. I’m unsure if the bumper is made of plastic or metal.

Tried using clay bar but wouldn’t come off.

Any advice on how to remove the rust without damaging the paint?

Newbie here with first new car.

attachicon.gif0D2D658A-40EE-4EA9-920E-07EBCDFAA41D.jpegattachicon.gif41A9AB24-97E5-4D36-A461-944DF5C01C8B.jpegattachicon.gif5EA814DC-0A5F-40D2-813A-B3394D8C608C.jpeg

can't tell much from pic but seems like a small stone chip. You can't remove it if is a stone chip except for putting a touch paint over. 

My boss white car bmw turned yellowish within three years. Did not realised it turned yellow will another brand new white bmw parked beside it. This happened even when he wash own car and do coating.

Definitely. Is because of UV. But if you get the right products, they may help.

can't tell much from pic but seems like a small stone chip. You can't remove it if is a stone chip except for putting a touch paint over.

Definitely. Is because of UV. But if you get the right products, they may help.

Thanks for the advice. Went to check with the SE, confirmed that part is plastic. Hopefully it just stays as it is.
↡ Advertisement