2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

Stratovarius

(edited)

Why Singapore EC headunit is not the one they launched elsewhere in the world?? This Sg version really quite ugly and chunky.

According to local agent, the original head unit doesn't c/w Navi System so they went for a after-mkt Kenwood with Navi. But the HU housing is of original make by Mit Japan so it is commensurate with the entire dashboard. Initially I oso scoff at it but now I find it positioned lower n closer to driver so easier to reach.. Without the original HU, ours doesn't c/w the state-of-the-art control touchpad too.. Edited by Jus4fun
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Why Singapore EC headunit is not the one they launched elsewhere in the world?? This Sg version really quite ugly and chunky.

Cost and maximum profit.

Same to other AD or dealer BnB like hyundai, kia, honda, toyota, etc...

Neutral Newbie

Does anyone know where can we get the wireless dongle (n cost) for the JS450 dvr in car unit for outlander?

Bought my OL n realized it doesn’t come with the car, so unable to access the console via phone @.@

Does anyone know where can we get the wireless dongle (n cost) for the JS450 dvr in car unit for outlander?

Bought my OL n realized it doesnât come with the car, so unable to access the console via phone @.@

This is a EC thread not OL. But I understand C&C gives same JS450 DVR for both. U may PM me for the contacts

According to local agent, the original head unit doesn't c/w Navi System so they went for a after-mkt Kenwood with Navi. But the HU housing is of original make by Mit Japan so it is commensurate with the entire dashboard. Initially I oso scoff at it but now I find it positioned lower n closer to driver so easier to reach.. Without the original HU, ours doesn't c/w the state-of-the-art control touchpad too..

I see but the original HU has Apple CarPlay and android auto so will still get Navi. I think the AD still hiding something. Could be like what the other bro said related to cost? I see everyday else the HU is the original factory unit which is nicer.

just to share ...got this info from mitsubishi SE, $109,999 elegance version 16 inch rims, local leather, halogen light, no fog lamp, manual handbrake, no paddle shifter, no heads up display, no full view camera, no electric folding mirror, no lights on vanity mirror, no anti theft.....

Most stuff still ok i guess. But manual hand brake and no electric folding mirror? That is a pain!

Price reduced by $4-5k for this. Thought these are usually SOP factory fitted? How they removed those features sia? 

Wah jin cui leh.. at S$110K.ð³

It's like the CRV. Makes no sense to save $10k+ to get the extremely under-equipped 5-seater, even though the extra 2 seats are not really useful.
  • Praise 1

In Taiwan and Aussie mkt, I saw that they hv entry-level variant with the very basics, not even keyless entry. SG already got the mid-higher spec variant until now.. But at that SG price, the entry-level variant definitely won't sell amid other much better choices..

This is a EC thread not OL. But I understand C&C gives same JS450 DVR for both. U may PM me for the contacts

Please PM me as well.

Thx

• Praise 1

According to local agent, the original head unit doesn't c/w Navi System so they went for a after-mkt Kenwood with Navi. But the HU housing is of original make by Mit Japan so it is commensurate with the entire dashboard. Initially I oso scoff at it but now I find it positioned lower n closer to driver so easier to reach.. Without the original HU, ours doesn't c/w the state-of-the-art control touchpad too..

Anyone know what model of Kenwood is that ?

I see but the original HU has Apple CarPlay and android auto so will still get Navi. I think the AD still hiding something. Could be like what the other bro said related to cost? I see everyday else the HU is the original factory unit which is nicer.

I believe it's definitely about cost. Everything that comes original from manufacturer adds up to the omv price which is highly taxed. I believe anything installed locally is not taxed that same way but which also means you get lower parf value.

Anyone received the sms to fill up a survey regarding a road trip up to malaysia from C&C? Anyone intending to go for the trip?

• Praise 1

I believe it's definitely about cost. Everything that comes original from manufacturer adds up to the omv price which is highly taxed. I believe anything installed locally is not taxed that same way but which also means you get lower parf value.

Anyone received the sms to fill up a survey regarding a road trip up to malaysia from C&C? Anyone intending to go for the trip?

For the prices we pay even when we rationally look at the OMV, the equipment level we also hope to be the same level as the flagship model in other countries.

This Mitsubishi Eclipse has good to great review on YouTube. The S-AWC is pretty good plus the space inside. Unfortunately for us the cost is indeed a factor.

(edited)

Anyone know what model of Kenwood is that ?

Kenwood DDX917WS. There r sm review videos on YouTube on this model. Edited by Jus4fun
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Jus to share, there is a sizeable air-con outlet under each of the driver n front passenger seat, that blows cold air to the rear floor, when the air-con is on & fan mode put to top & bottom. This shd make up for the lack of rear air-con vents.. Doesn't work with fan mode put to top though..

Edited by Jus4fun

Jus to share, there is a sizeable air-con outlet under each of the driver n front passenger seat, that blows cold air to the rear floor, when the air-con is on & fan mode put to top & bottom. This shd make up for the lack of rear air-con vents.. Doesn't work with fan mode put to top though..

Thanks for the information.

Saw a white ec at senja road. Belongs to anyone? Looking sharp.

Most car have it.

Does not find it useful.

As hot air rise, cold air down, vent out under the seat mainly for cold country to blow warm air to keep the cabin temperature.

• Praise 1

Kenwood DDX917WS. There r sm review videos on YouTube on this model.

Thanks for the info , they are clearing old stock of the year 2017 model
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Most car have it.

Does not find it useful.

As hot air rise, cold air down, vent out under the seat mainly for cold country to blow warm air to keep the cabin temperature.

Oh I see.. (my ex-ride doesn't hv it though) So this EC is really built for temperate countries.. but temperate countries oso hv harsh summer de mah.. Edited by Jus4fun
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1