2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

Stratovarius

What would the difference be with the different tyre models? Do they improve the drive? I'm kind of curious.

Think for example, the rv02 is said to be made to take more body rolls

As body rolls are more apparent with vehicles of higher CG

Comfort tyres are designed differently from race tyres

Is this ok to assume this?

so in F1 race, the race is not just based on 1 single Tyre type, as they strategize according to condition etc etc

Not sure if you are asking theses

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

In order of importance

If considering adding or changing car stuff

1. Solar film - must be TOP quality

2. Tyre upgrade

3. Paint protection

4. Dash cam

5. Phone holder

Others still not sure...

scuff plates?

Still searching, reading, ...

• Praise 1

In order of importance

If considering adding or changing car stuff

1. Solar film - must be TOP quality

2. Tyre upgrade

3. Paint protection

4. Dash cam

5. Phone holder

Others still not sure...

scuff plates?

Still searching, reading, ...

Solar film rike cool is fine I felt other then you want those super dark illegal type film

Tyre is good for day to day usage I would change it only when it wear out

EC should come with paint protection if you want to do maybe lights and glass protection

The dash cam quality is pretty bad so it might be a good idea to switch it

Phone holder very personal since I don't stay for very long hours per trip I found andriod auto or car play work just fine

Actually what's bad about the dash cam?

I was also using a phone holder (those cheap free gift types that attach to the A/C vents) until I started using Android Auto, after which I just connected my device to the USB port and left it lying under the console.

Actually what's bad about the dash cam?

I was also using a phone holder (those cheap free gift types that attach to the A/C vents) until I started using Android Auto, after which I just connected my device to the USB port and left it lying under the console.

Look at the chat here, its pretty bad due to EC strong lights the reflection from the car plate in front at times make the car number in front hard or not visible, when parking in poor light situation cant make out the car infront of your car.

On top of that you need to go to TOMO-CSE for them to install and activate the parking module for the camera and it will void your battery warrant from C & C. (check earlier chats for more information)

Have anyone here upgraded their Sound system for their EC?

Roughly how much and what was change and done? (model number of the part change would be great)

Have anyone here upgraded their Sound system for their EC?

Roughly how much and what was change and done? (model number of the part change would be great)

Did not change my Kenwood head unit but added an amp, sw & changed the front speakers c/w tweeters.. Already upgraded the sound quality by few notches.. Haha! :)

Solar film rike cool is fine I felt other then you want those super dark illegal type film

Just curious: has anyone ever asked them what are the specs of the solar film? My guess is that they will give lousy films as the good ones are pricier...

Just curious: has anyone ever asked them what are the specs of the solar film? My guess is that they will give lousy films as the good ones are pricier...

I went to Rikecool to check some spots on the sunroof and real glass panels but was told the stains were probably some chemical stain left from the Zertona paint coating.

I was told the film model is 900 or 9000 series. However, the series is not listed in their product page. I also realised that the Rikecool films we got from C&C were the front Half Car package, ie. 1pc front windscreen and 2pcs front windows panels.

Frankly, I'm quite disappointed with the freebies provided by C&C, the car cam is another junk. I would appreciate if they take more pride in sourcing better products for their customers, unless they think the customers are not important to them.

• Praise 1

I went to Rikecool to check some spots on the sunroof and real glass panels but was told the stains were probably some chemical stain left from the Zertona paint coating.

I was told the film model is 900 or 9000 series. However, the series is not listed in their product page. I also realised that the Rikecool films we got from C&C were the front Half Car package, ie. 1pc front windscreen and 2pcs front windows panels.

Frankly, I'm quite disappointed with the freebies provided by C&C, the car cam is another junk. I would appreciate if they take more pride in sourcing better products for their customers, unless they think the customers are not important to them.

Oh I didn’t know about the 900 or 9000 series about Rikecool

I was told it was Premier 28 series by Rikecool ...

Edited by Xover
  • Praise 1

Did not change my Kenwood head unit but added an amp, sw & changed the front speakers c/w tweeters.. Already upgraded the sound quality by few notches.. Haha! :)

Changing speakers will yield the biggest difference, followed by amp. Head unit generally doesn't improve sound quality by much.

I wanted the Sony a1686 for both front and back speaker not sure it will fit also where did you change it and which model and how much?

Did thought about sw but I reckon have extra boot space and less complain from the partner and family

The factory fitted speaker is sub par worse then my dad first gen altis

I think all dealers will want to save costs, while positioning themselves as giving very good deals.

If i were to use an extreme example, it will be akin to saying

Free Hotel's international Buffet when you sign up an expensive phone package, then when you take up the offer, you will find a choice of

- 1 x big pao

- 1 x nasi lemak

- 1 x pizza

- 1 x prata

- 1 x sushi

- 1 x lettuce salad

at Hotel 81...

and if after you pay (only then will you get to know the exact offer), you go and query them, then they ask you got wrong meh, really is got food from many countries being served in hotel, and is let you ownself take, so buffet is accurate...

means technically not wrong, but value/quality sucks.

I strongly suggest to insist on knowing the specs of the solar film, and then ask for top grade one if they offer crap.

Look at Infra-red rejection %.

Oh I didn’t know about the 900 or 9000 series about Rikecool

I was told it was Premier 28 series by Rikecool ...

Oh I didnât know about the 900 or 9000 series about Rikecool

I was told it was Premier 28 series by Rikecool ... ð¤

I place high importance on Solar Film becos of our weather, and I drive alot

Hope they donât deceive by doing half car

Thanks for the info

Then I may ask them not to install and give me a better solar film

Will probably install a Blackvue on my own

SOUNDS like good idea

Can share whatâs the approx damage ?

To check if the sola films are applied on the back window, simply lower the windows and you'll be able to see/feel the films. The films are stuck to the inner side of the windows or windscreen, it's about 2mm away from the edges.

I wanted the Sony a1686 for both front and back speaker not sure it will fit also where did you change it and which model and how much?

Did thought about sw but I reckon have extra boot space and less complain from the partner and family

The factory fitted speaker is sub par worse then my dad first gen altis

Salvaged the Made in China Active Subwoofer (but quite solid build) frm my old ride. Bought a set of original Made in Israel Morel (can't recall model) front speakers & original Made in USA old school Kicker 200si Power Amplifier. Got all at friendship price of below $3K plus installation from the personal collection of a motorshop friend.. So can't get outside..:P

I was told they only do the front as the rear already has the original dark tint from factory.

Checked my EC, the back seat windows are definitely darker than the front. Not sure if it's the original dark tint frm factory like u were told, or aftermkt solar film by Rikecool. How about the rear split windscreen? If original factory tint will be good - better than aftermkt film right?

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I’m new here.

This forum really has very useful information on the car. Thanks.

Sharing my experience with the car:

My FCM has problem since I got the car 3 month ago, on the straight road with no car the brake alert will also come out. I feedback to the service centre during my 1K servicing still tell me the sensor can detect car from afar

Edited by Agwx
↡ Advertisement