2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

Stratovarius

Checked my EC, the back seat windows are definitely darker than the front. Not sure if it's the original dark tint frm factory like u were told, or aftermkt solar film by Rikecool. How about the rear split windscreen? If original factory tint will be good - better than aftermkt film right?

I found the rear darken only does not reflect heat.

I can feel on my hand the different when sun shine in compare between front and rear windows

↡ Advertisement

I found the rear darken only does not reflect heat.

I can feel on my hand the different when sun shine in compare between front and rear windows

Then that's bad..
  • Praise 1

Eclipse cross pricing almost same as putlander leh.....for a 1.5 car can go get vezel liao.... furthermore the rear light damn disgusting...although Iike it the turbo

Quite true, noticed the pricing between Eclipse Cross and Outlander quite close, wondering what attract people to buy Eclipse Cross?

Eclipse cross pricing almost same as putlander leh.....for a 1.5 car can go get vezel liao.... furthermore the rear light damn disgusting...although Iike it the turbo

then good luck for a more bumpy ride..

I was told they only do the front as the rear already has the original dark tint from factory.

This one confirmed is trying to pull a fast one on the uninitiated.

EC is nowhere compared Toyota Wish when it first arrived in SG in 2003 via PI. Wish's rear windows to the rear windscreen were darkly tinted from factory, and only just passed LTA guidelines. The tint blocks light (that's why it's dark) but not heat. So it is just as hot inside, maybe only slower, cos sunlight does heat up the interior faster if untinted.

And EC's rear glasses are not even as dark as the Wish at that time.

Solar films are supposed to block heat (and not necessarily light). There are solar films that are tinted and will block light too, obviously.

But there is no shortage of clear solar films that block only heat and not light - and I installed this on my PI Wish that came factory-tinted. And i passed all the LTA inspections cos it doesn't make the glass any darker (in which case it will fail LTA guidelines on the VLT) in the process.

So if they tell you cannot put solar film as it's tinted, that's bluffing you - cos there's clear solar film.

If they tell you no need to put solar film as it's tinted, that's also bluffing you - cos it's still going to be as hot!

In short, from what you've said, the dealer is just trying to save costs...

• Praise 1

Checked my EC, the back seat windows are definitely darker than the front. Not sure if it's the original dark tint frm factory like u were told, or aftermkt solar film by Rikecool. How about the rear split windscreen? If original factory tint will be good - better than aftermkt film right?

You should split 2 properties of any film/tint:

1) light

2) heat

If the glass comes factory-tinted, it just means it blocks some light. I bet you it doesn't block heat, not even expensive conti models block heat.

But if the vehicle is under the sun, heat will still go through the glass unrestricted, and you will feel the heat.

You will need a film with high heat (note, not light) rejection properties to block off the heat if you want the comfort.

thanks for all the sharing

i better check whats my solar film package

my last car , all the windows done ,  including the sun roof  [thumbsup]

Yes, check the specs of the film that's installed.

Remember, even the best brand, has got many different grades of films, including low grade ones - which I am sure is preferred by dealers as they are cheaper.

Quite true, noticed the pricing between Eclipse Cross and Outlander quite close, wondering what attract people to buy Eclipse Cross?

I would think it is the turbo, primarily.

Then the interior is much more modern, new sound system, etc.

Better FC

Lower road tax

These were what attracted us, when we almost bought it [laugh]

• Praise 2

The EC has more features like the FCM, auto high beam, all around camera, tyre pressure monitor and a more efficient and powerful engine.

But i don't understand why they did not include blind spot monitoring, cross traffic sensor (not sure whats is called again) and adaptive cruise control coz overseas model have it. I can only assume they are going include it for the "New" EC a yr or 2 down with those additional features which dealer here in SIngapore like to do so.

And it looks more sporty then the Outlander.

And is easier to drive for newer or less experience driver compared to the Outlander.

Its almost like Subara XV vs the forester or Nissan Qashai vs the X-trail.

But you are right if wasn't for my partner and family i would not have gone for the EC at this price point.

• Praise 2

Hi,

I’m new here.

This forum really has very useful information on the car. Thanks.

Sharing my experience with the car:

My FCM has problem since I got the car 3 month ago, on the straight road with no car the brake alert will also come out. I feedback to the service centre during my 1K servicing still tell me the sensor can detect car from afar

You should split 2 properties of any film/tint:

1) light

2) heat

If the glass comes factory-tinted, it just means it blocks some light. I bet you it doesn't block heat, not even expensive conti models block heat.

But if the vehicle is under the sun, heat will still go through the glass unrestricted, and you will feel the heat.

You will need a film with high heat (note, not light) rejection properties to block off the heat if you want the comfort.

Yes, check the specs of the film that's installed.

Remember, even the best brand, has got many different grades of films, including low grade ones - which I am sure is preferred by dealers as they are cheaper.

I would think it is the turbo, primarily.

Then the interior is much more modern, new sound system, etc.

Better FC

Lower road tax

These were what attracted us, when we almost bought it [laugh]

Thx @Atrecord. Ya, am aware of light vs. heat blocker. If C&C really did not install solar film for the rear (windows & windscreen) bcos it's tinted, then that's very unacceptable! So confirm C&C only did for front windscreen & front windows? (I'll go chk with my SE too, but dunno if she'll entertain me bcos got mine 8-9 mths ago..) So, any1 intend to go install ur own?

Neutral Newbie

The FCM i have not experience it braking just the alert, then again i don't drive it fast or long period of drive.

Which audio system you are fitted with the SDA or the Kenwood?

I notice for my SDA its it very cable fussy when i use Original cable no issue but when i use cheap it tend to connect and disconnect for both Apple and Android so you can try the cable.

I got it from aliexpress coz my chinese cannot make it. so far i got the key cover, door screw cover thingy, and the car door lock cover, the console box organizer, and the anti slip mat for the holder (more of easier to clean in case of spillage).

Before that i got the fog light chrome thingy and back boot chrome protector from a local seller in carousell.

I drive 70-90. Is it fast? Light traffic but one thing, this car is very good to ‘roll’, no need always step on accelerator

Audio system is kenwood. Really hv to see the system happy to connect or not. Bluetooth can only connect one device

• Praise 1

I drive 70-90. Is it fast? Light traffic but one thing, this car is very good to ârollâ, no need always step on accelerator

Audio system is kenwood. Really hv to see the system happy to connect or not. Bluetooth can only connect one device ð¤¦ð»ââï¸ If my girl left the car I hv to set Bluetooth to my device. My girl get back, she has to set her phone again

I just bought the window visor, wonder is it difficult to install

Going to get the chrome door and back protector, magnetic window screen laterð¤

They also Hv the door sealer which can seal off sound outside and act as door protector, donât know good or not.

They also Hv fiber glass sticker for the side door ð so many

I asked the seller on Carousell if he has the window visors, he said he din bring it in bcos it needs to have the chrome on the window removed?? I thought it's more like the chrome will be covered by the visor? I also dun understand

I drive 70-90. Is it fast? Light traffic but one thing, this car is very good to ‘roll’, no need always step on accelerator

Audio system is kenwood. Really hv to see the system happy to connect or not. Bluetooth can only connect one device

Hi,

I’m new here.

This forum really has very useful information on the car. Thanks.

Sharing my experience with the car:

My FCM has problem since I got the car 3 month ago, on the straight road with no car the brake alert will also come out. I feedback to the service centre during my 1K servicing still tell me the sensor can detect car from afar

• Praise 1

Hi guys.. Have problem launching the Android Auto now.. Anyone encountered this problem? Anyone knows where to download latest version? Thanks.

• Praise 1

Thx @Atrecord. Ya, am aware of light vs. heat blocker. If C&C really did not install solar film for the rear (windows & windscreen) bcos it's tinted, then that's very unacceptable! So confirm C&C only did for front windscreen & front windows? (I'll go chk with my SE too, but dunno if she'll entertain me bcos got mine 8-9 mths ago..) So, any1 intend to go install ur own?

Just confirmed with my SE, C&C has Rikecool install solar films only the front windscreen n front windows, n not the back which is already factory-tinted. She said if add solar film to back will darken it further which will fail LTA. I said then can give clear/non-tinted solar film de what? Anyway, after sales can't ask for it le. So for new & potential buyers, can try ask for it.. & share if u r successful..
↡ Advertisement