2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

Stratovarius

Hi,

I am looking for an SUV to replace my current one. My current one is a guzzler but thats most probably i didnt do much research when i bought it 3 years ago. A 1.2T engine cannot support a heavy car especially i am doing 80% city driving. No prizes for guessing which car i am driving now. Believe me, i am doing about 8km/L :(

Need experts' help here. Will a 1.5L like the EC help my fuel consumption in view of my driving pattern considering the 80% city driving? I am definitely not heavy footed.

Will the EC serve my need?

I drove the EC in Tokyo for about 4 days when I was there for work about 2 weeks ago. It is a decent drive but fc isn't that impressive. I was doing mostly highway driving there and had to refuel at about 590km or so.

The drive itself is not too bad for a cvt but its sluggish still, suspension has abit of an American suv feel to it, comfortable suspension system. Pickup is poor imo.

What i liked :

Suspension- was gd even on offroad tracks

Engine is really smooth, had no idea i was speeding

Viewing angles from side mirrors are gd

Easy to navigate and drive

What i dont like :

Cvt

Rear view obstruction from the spoiler

Rattling from back door

Outdated cabin

Not a very comfortable cockpit for driver

Poor fc

The lane assist feature didn't work at times

Just my 2 cents :)

Hi all! Can i jus ck....for those who trade in their car wif CnC....yr coe rebate value is based on the day u hand over the car or 7 working days AFTER you hand over the car?

Also I think the one you tried in Japan is the AWD version vs 2-way here.

Also local model no lane assist, not sure how the spoiler obstruct the view seems fine to me other then when navigating tight car parks cant really see the front and have mount kurb one or twice (luckily car is tall enough to goes over it)

Pick-up is not too bad once you turn the eco mode off or a bit more daring with the accelerator which is on par with most sedan with the similar engine capacity but its no sport car so don expect to be fast.

That being said CVT has improve over the years it does feel like normal Automatic transmission but not as good as DCT. But normal day to day commute shouldn't be much different.

I drove the EC in Tokyo for about 4 days when I was there for work about 2 weeks ago. It is a decent drive but fc isn't that impressive. I was doing mostly highway driving there and had to refuel at about 590km or so.

The drive itself is not too bad for a cvt but its sluggish still, suspension has abit of an American suv feel to it, comfortable suspension system. Pickup is poor imo.

What i liked :
Suspension- was gd even on offroad tracks
Engine is really smooth, had no idea i was speeding
Viewing angles from side mirrors are gd
Easy to navigate and drive

What i dont like :
Cvt
Rear view obstruction from the spoiler
Rattling from back door
Outdated cabin
Not a very comfortable cockpit for driver
Poor fc
The lane assist feature didn't work at times

Just my 2 cents :)

Also I think the one you tried in Japan is the AWD version vs 2-way here.

Also local model no lane assist, not sure how the spoiler obstruct the view seems fine to me other then when navigating tight car parks cant really see the front and have mount kurb one or twice (luckily car is tall enough to goes over it)

Pick-up is not too bad once you turn the eco mode off or a bit more daring with the accelerator which is on par with most sedan with the similar engine capacity but its no sport car so don expect to be fast.

That being said CVT has improve over the years it does feel like normal Automatic transmission but not as good as DCT. But normal day to day commute shouldn't be much different.

The one I got was the 2wd.

It obstructs when looking at rear traffic - well at least to me it did. Agree about the front, that could be better.

Android auto has a new facelift but I still can't use the trackpad to navigate the menu. Apparently the trackpad works in apple carplay but not Android auto.

I wonder if there's anything Mitsubishi can do to enable it else.

Elegance $109,999

Style $112,999

Sports $119,999

What other difference between style and sports? from sgcarmart only difference I find is the sunroof. 7k for that doesn't sound right. What did i miss?

On 8/28/2019 at 11:59 AM, Sunnywil said:

Elegance $109,999

Style $112,999

Sports $119,999

What other difference between style and sports? from sgcarmart only difference I find is the sunroof. 7k for that doesn't sound right. What did i miss?

Heads Up Display and a couple more functions.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:38 PM, blimeysg said:

Hi, 

I am looking for an SUV to replace my current one.  My current one is a guzzler but thats most probably i didnt do much research when i bought it 3 years ago.  A 1.2T engine cannot support a heavy car especially i am doing 80% city driving.  No prizes for guessing which car i am driving now.  Believe me, i am doing about 8km/L 😞

Need experts' help here.  Will a 1.5L like the EC help my fuel consumption in view of my driving pattern considering the 80% city driving?  I am definitely not heavy footed.

Will the EC serve my need?

Hi Blimeysg,

So have you sold yr Qashqai and bought the EC? I have also sold my 2016 QQ and collecting my EC in two weeks time. Like to know if the FC is better that the QQ. Pickup wise, no need say. My QQ very sluggish when taking off. 

4 minutes ago, R1480yjs said:

Hi Blimeysg,

So have you sold yr Qashqai and bought the EC? I have also sold my 2016 QQ and collecting my EC in two weeks time. Like to know if the FC is better that the QQ. Pickup wise, no need say. My QQ very sluggish when taking off. 

I heard many people who bought the QQ say that the pickup is very sluggish, but how come when they test drive that time never realised it? 😂

During the ten mins or so test drive, can’t  really felt it sluggish as it’s a new car and the thrill of driving a SUV from a sedan probably probably took away some of the attention. I wanted to buy a M6 sedan but again the feeling is so different from a SUV. 

26 minutes ago, R1480yjs said:

During the ten mins or so test drive, can’t  really felt it sluggish as it’s a new car and the thrill of driving a SUV from a sedan probably probably took away some of the attention. I wanted to buy a M6 sedan but again the feeling is so different from a SUV. 

No wonder.  Hope that the EC would not become sluggish again after you owned the car. Lol.

Got my COE and is in the midst of taking possession of my new EC pending all the logistic works. Is it  compulsory that we must take their TWO years AIG insurance? Although my current insurer is also AIG, the one quoted by C&C is much higher. They won’t allowed me to use my own agent. Appreciate some info from those currently drives EC. THANK YOU!,

11 minutes ago, R1480yjs said:

Got my COE and is in the midst of taking possession of my new EC pending all the logistic works. Is it  compulsory that we must take their TWO years AIG insurance? Although my current insurer is also AIG, the one quoted by C&C is much higher. They won’t allowed me to use my own agent. Appreciate some info from those currently drives EC. THANK YOU!,

You still negotiating the deal despite have paid for the car and getting CoE? 

Seems like you're a bit late.  I personally hate that dealers in SG state that you get penalised or that you can't buy the car without their finance or insurance. We all know they get kick-backs and commission, but its very anti-consumer. 

Anyway, I think you're a bit late. If you hadn't closed the deal, I would've played hardball and just walk away. Pull out the cheque book or credit card, wave infront of them and put it away if they insist otherwise. I was fortunate that my SE helped wave all penalties and got special dispensation from his manager by saying I was friends and family. Ended up saving over $1.5k with lower excess and more comprehensive insurance. 

↡ Advertisement